Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Daystar or Revtek for 03 4runner

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the difference between the Nitrous spacers and Daystar? Both appear to be polyurethane. Also does anyone know for sure that Revtek are steel? The website says aluminum.

It looks like for the rear all are poly. I am a bit concerned about compression after towing. I may just wait for Cornbred to come out with his. I would guess that his would be all metal.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Banned

we use a denser polyurethane material than Daystar does. my revtek spacers rusted, and when we made our spacers out of steel they rusted ... so we switched to polyurethane to avoid that issue.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Anyone have a pic of a 4th Gen front coil off of the shock? Anyone have any measurements.

I am willing to bet your coils are in the same family. You get me the numbers and I'll get you a coil.
Seems to me there is a market for numerous 4th gen/4th gen XREAS add-ons, i.e. sliders, bumpers, skids, suspension components, etc. You should try to get your hands on for a few days, do some measuring, R&D, and "reverse engineering" and get entrepreneurial. Could be a nice and profitable niche for you to fill.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Contributing Member

I know it has already been said in here but be sure to check out Nitrous Enterprises...they have the highest lift out, and also its at a price inbetween what I have seen for daystar and revtek

Also, im not completely sure about this, but i think i remember seeing something for downey or something like that (also i have no idea if that does anything in regards to lift)
-Andrew
Old 11-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Anyone have a pic of a 4th Gen front coil off of the shock? Anyone have any measurements.

I am willing to bet your coils are in the same family. You get me the numbers and I'll get you a coil.
What measurements do you need?

I will probably be tearing my suspension apart in the next week or so. Then I can give you the measurements on the front and rear coils. Left and right as well.

You might be onto something. However struts and shocks to go with the coils would be good. My concern at the moment is the loss of flex in the suspension. My front might as well have no flex, with the swaybar in place. There seems to be no options in terms of disconnection of the front swaybar. SOme guys remove it, but I'm sceptical in doing it as I travel a lot of highway miles with my 4R and I would rather loose some flex than control of the 4R at high speed. Drive on California highways and you know why you need it.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Contributing Member

I need static height.

Which is the height of the coil just sanding there.

Like this:

(these are 3rd Gen rear springs but same concept. How high are they from the ground.)

I also need the wire thickness. How thick is the wire in the coil.

I also need AT THE TOP, the measurement inside the loop and the measurement outside the loop.

For example 3rd Gen/Tacoma SAW's have 2" ID coils, which means that inside of the top loop to inside of the top loop is 2".

Stock 3rd Gen coils are bigger.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

hey yokohomo, for this to work don't you want to replace the front shocks? Or do you think that the stock shocks will suffice? I know Andy's setup uses either the tundra shock or the OME one so just wondering since there aren't any shocks currently available (aftermarket) and our shocks are completely different from any other toy out there .
Old 11-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Good Times
hey yokohomo, for this to work don't you want to replace the front shocks? Or do you think that the stock shocks will suffice? I know Andy's setup uses either the tundra shock or the OME one so just wondering since there aren't any shocks currently available (aftermarket) and our shocks are completely different from any other toy out there .
Stock shocks will work fine. Actually with stock shocks you can use top out spacers like Revtek and Anthonys NE spacer.

Problem with aftermarket shocks like the OME 3rd Gen is that the assembly get too long.

Stock shocks are fine. All I care about is the coil.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:44 AM

In regards to the Tundra coil; Isn't the main reason it works so well for the 3rd gen because its lifting a 6-cyl engine? Most of us 4th genners have the v8, and the v8 4x4 is actually heavier than the Tundra v8 4x4. My thought is that it may not work as well or at all.

As for the spacers, I've always wanted to know if there is any difference in the kits for a Taco vs. a 4th gen 4runner. Naturally, the Taco has leafs in the rear - But I can find front lifts for a Taco fairly cheap separatly, just not sure it will fit the 4runner. Anyone actually checked for a diffrence between, say, a Revtek 3" Tacoma front lift, and a Revtek 3" 4runner front lift?
Old 11-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

If you look at the 4th Gen coils, they have huge spaces in them. The wire does not look like anything special.

Basically they look like some pretty darn wimpy coils.

This is all web wheeling speculation until someone gives me some numbers.