Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Body Lift Completed

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Body Lift Completed

Well I got the body lift finished LATE sunday night. Two full days I was at it.
Almost every bolt was rusted and siezed on.

Only recommendations I can make if anyone else plans to do this, and wants to make life easy 1: Buy new poly body mounts. this way you can just TOURCH the old set right off, stick the new body mount and lift block in. This would save you HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS of time.

2: Get the Roger Brown Kit. the Perfromance Accessories kit is CRAP. The steering shaft extension is just STUPID, the Bolts are CRAP, and it seems like almost no thought was put into the kit, plus the instructions are terrible. (The only reason I used the PA kit is because I got it used Never installed and it cost me $50. But I paid in the long run)

Well now my 31 Inch tires look Tiny.

I think these will my new tires come spring, 34 Inch by 10.5 TSL Super Swampers

Well next I gotta Re-Fab My crazy Push Bar / Hood Guard. and make a new skid Plate. Something Beefy outta diamond plate maybe ?
Old 12-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome!

Take some pictures with the meets one one side! hehe...

Sorry you had such trouble with your bolts... I can imagine what you went through. Mine weren't toooo toooo bad despite them being submerged in water for a few hours a couple years ago. Luckily for me the truck hasn't seen too much salt so that probably killed yours. I also soaked mine the night before pretty well and all day of...

Either way, looking good!
Old 12-14-2004, 08:37 PM

i see london i see france! i se 4Hummer's frame!!!
hahahahahaha ok anyways
looks good, im not one for 3" body lifts, but i see a 1.5"-2" BL in my future.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

The person that designed the PA body lift should be shot, Im serious. That steering extention is what made the whole process a total pain the ass. But after its all done now, Im pretty happy with the outcome. Cept for that fact that since my shift boot isnt on correctly and the steering shaft seal isnt on, my truck is louder than hell.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Contributing Member

Kevy,
Thats easily fixed with some bigger meats (as he said are in the works) and some pond lining from your local harware store. I need to do mine...

4Humer,
Those are 32.8s so those 34s should more than cover the body gap... but if your anal like most here you can still do the pond liner also. Then you won't get the "bodylift" look. And if you do end up doing the pond liner don't foret to leave some extra slack for the body to move a bit

Last edited by turboale; 12-14-2004 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:02 PM

well actually i wasn't talking about in the wheel wells. i was talking about beneath the doors, but some sliders will easily fix that.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:45 AM

PA body lift does suck. The first one they sent me had only the lift blocks and fuel neck extension in the box (not a single nut, bolt, etc...). Called and complained. Another week later, UPS shows up to pick up the incomplete one and give me another. I open the new box that evening and it has instructions for a Dodge Dakota! Good thing I had read over the directions in the first kit pretty well before they took it back. Yes, the steering extension is a pita, and my front bumper brackets didn't match the holes in my bumper or frame! Although it looks great after Finally getting it done, I do not recomend the PA body lift.

Last edited by kwak63603; 12-15-2004 at 12:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-15-2004, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had been spraying my bolts down for over a week, and most of them were still seized. (Could be the canadian salt)

As for the steering shaft extension, Rogers design is WAY better, Plus I also had allot of problems with the bumper brackets.

The funny part is the truck is an Automatic Transmission, The PA Kit says this lift wil not work with Auto Trans. So I bought the adapter from www.4crawler.com But didnt need it. The Transmission shifts no problem, and the truck goes into 4Lo and 4High ? The Pics on Rogers Browns site for the adapter doesnt even look like the one in my truck ? Im begining to wonder if this is the stock TCASE ?

This pic here

Mine looks nothing like that at all ? The xfer Case Linkage on my truck is on the top of the Transfer case. My shifter does directly into the t-case ?

I kinda like being able to look threw the frame so Im not going to bother with gap guards (Excpet in the front wheel wells..engine area) and Yes Sliders are comming. Right after I fix my Push Bar, and make a custom skid plate.

Thanks Guys.

Last edited by 4Hummer; 12-15-2004 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:20 PM

I didn't have any problems with my P.P. 3 in. lift. Took a whole 2.5 hrs. to complete. Had some good help too, with BBB & CJ doing a lot it. Any way your ride looks great.

jim