95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

ATS a-arms

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by sschaefer3
The correct ones do not give any lift.
So who knows if the new ones being made are the "correct" ones?
Old 11-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Mad Chemist
Yeah RT, so what are your impressions, is this mod worth doing?
i dunno, its tough. the diff drop and swaybar discos are better for the buck, but the ATS arms sure do look great with SAWs!

$350 or whatever yall get them for is a lot, thats half an ARB locker...
Old 11-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

This is a tough one...my 2 biggest reason for wanting to get them are:
1. The possibility of snapping a upper ball joint on the trail due to the extreme angle they're under when lifted and at full droop.
2. To correct the steering geometry due to the lift.

But, I haven't heard of anyone snapping a ball joint either so...

And I've seen the way SteveO wheels his rig with stock a-arms

RT, you make a good point of the cost...lockers are definately more important to make your rig capable. I might re-consider this.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:33 AM
Contributing Member

im only playing devil's advocate here
Old 11-05-2003, 08:08 AM

RTdawgs--good call on the ARB.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

I already have dual ARB's so I am still in for the arms.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rixham
I already have dual ARB's so I am still in for the arms.
me too, but it's the sheer cost compared to function for me. I haven't had problems with the stock ones so unless the get down around $100 I can't justify it. call me cheap but, well, you can't say that anymore looking at the money I've tossed into this thing. I'd actually rather save my cash for the ORS manual hub kit.

Last edited by keisur; 11-05-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:58 PM

All,

I would becareful doing business with ATS. I've heard some horror stories from a few of the TTORA members. Things such as the CV joints constantly breaking and some other major issues that ATS wouldn't fix. They don't stand behind their product.

Seriously, post this over on the TTORA board and see what kind of responses you will get.. Especially from Bob. Just looking out for you guys.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Contributing Member

You know Keisur you have a good point. I think that the ORS manual hub kit would be a better choice. But if the price is right I may still have to get a set of A-Arms. They would just look so cool. I guess I am still a kid at heart.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
actually this has been posted at TTORA for as long as it has been posted here and from what i have read there was almost as much interest as there is here. nothing bad has been said. and it isn't ATS that we are dealing with however some of ATS' former employees do work for Inland now. I like the added track width, the better CV angles and ball joint angles, however like i said i don't have any money to throw around right now anyway but if there is interest and Inland will do it i will help with the group buy.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:30 PM

So with the interest on the TTORA board, what # are we closer to 10 or 20? I'm still in on this, we should have everyone who's onboard reply so we can have a good idea where we stand.
All you guys on the fence, should jump down on the YES side, then we'll have the #'s we need to get the cheapest price.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rixham
You know Keisur you have a good point. I think that the ORS manual hub kit would be a better choice. But if the price is right I may still have to get a set of A-Arms. They would just look so cool. I guess I am still a kid at heart.
Actually I need to get sliders before the manual hubs or A-Arms, hehe.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:59 AM

nothing at all is happening until i get a reply from Dalon, my contact and the owner of Inland Trucks, i wanted to lay everything out to him before hand so that he knows i am not a dealer and don't want to handle any money, i just want to put together a group purchase.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:23 PM

so does it give you lift as well or just droop? I just put spacers in the front of my taco and shes stiff as a board w/ little or no flex, so know I must find a solution
Old 11-06-2003, 12:25 PM

it will give you a wider stance in the front after you get your truck properly aligned and in turn you will also get added flez (just a little) and better cv and ball joint angles.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by IndieFIRE
so does it give you lift as well or just droop? I just put spacers in the front of my taco and shes stiff as a board w/ little or no flex, so know I must find a solution
you need to disconnect those swaybar endlinks for wheeling and just give it some time on the road, you'll start realizing how much better it handles being a little stiffer. Your just used to the soft stock feel.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:55 PM

well I do like the stiffer ride on the road but off the road it wont articulate and I actully couldnt get up some hills that really arent all that challenging even with the new mudtires she couldnt hack it. one hill that I never broke lose on with the stock street tires on I made a half dozen runs at and failed very time grrrr. it came down to the front end couldnt seem to flex enough to get any traction in the dips in the ruts ... I like the ride and look just got to come up with some way to get to the top of the hill
Old 11-07-2003, 01:55 AM

What suspension setup did you go with that has made it so stiff?

Chris
Old 11-07-2003, 08:14 AM

I used trd coils and 2 1/2" corn fed spacers for the front. in the back I put skyjacker aal and nitro8000 shocks. also lowered the diff and put in a longer brake line
Old 11-13-2003, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by justinh
nothing at all is happening until i get a reply from Dalon, my contact and the owner of Inland Trucks, i wanted to lay everything out to him before hand so that he knows i am not a dealer and don't want to handle any money, i just want to put together a group purchase.
So where are we at on this??
I just got my SAWs and I wanted to do these at the same time and not have to get 2 alignments(I would need one after putting on the SAWs and one after the ATS arms right?).

Depending on when I get my ebay money, I'll be ready to pull the trigger in the next 1-2 weeks. I'm gonna drive up there to save on shipping, anyone else ready to get these? Maybe we will get a mini discount?

Quick Reply: ATS a-arms