Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

anybody up for an absurd favor or in Denver area headed to Utah?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody up for an absurd favor or in Denver area headed to Utah?

What makes this Toyota related, is I have a chance at picking up an '85 4Runner for cheap. The catch is, I don't have the means to go pick it up and U-haul rates are ridiculous for this venture. If I round trip it, mileage and rental charges go well over $400 and if I rent from Boulder, I still have to get my other truck back home.
The truck is in Boulder and I am in Grand Junction. Lots of places around here to wheel your rig while you are in the area.
Obviously, gas and time would be paid.
Although I am tempted to try and put the truck together and sell it, I am equally interested in just taking out the tranny/transfercase, front axle assembly, rear springs and possibly some odds and ends trim pieces/bumpers.
Basically, just using up bits and pieces to gather up for an dreamed about sas on my '93 4Runner and putting some touch-up pieces on my '85 4Runner then selling the carcass to somebody that wants to build a trail rig.
I was on vacation for part of this week and it looks like the truck may be gone by next weekend unless I can convince the guy I will have it removed soon after purchase.
As the saying goes, "you can't fish if you don't put the hook in the water."
PLMK. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

What is it that you are requesting? I live in Boulder and love adventures, but I'm not sure what you need. Can you be more specific?
Old 10-15-2004, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Fahrenheit 451
I was on vacation for part of this week and it looks like the truck may be gone by next weekend unless I can convince the guy I will have it removed soon after purchase.
As the saying goes, "you can't fish if you don't put the hook in the water."
PLMK. Thanks.
i live very near boulder, i can probably help out a little. i don't have the time to drive out to grand junction, but i can pick up the truck from the seller and keep it at my place until you can come get it.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by jfkelly
What is it that you are requesting? I live in Boulder and love adventures, but I'm not sure what you need. Can you be more specific?
Whoops, guess I should have been more specific. I need to get it towed over to Grand Junction or held somewhere until I can figure out a way to get it over here for significantly less than the $400 that U-haul wanted for rental and mileage fees WOOF!
Old 10-16-2004, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by mike_d
i live very near boulder, i can probably help out a little. i don't have the time to drive out to grand junction, but i can pick up the truck from the seller and keep it at my place until you can come get it.
Unfortunately, the truck still has wiring to be done so it isn't running right now so it would have to be towed somewhere still.
How long would you be willing to have a heap sitting around? Seriously, it could be weeks before I can get something arranged.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:56 AM

Unfortunately, the truck still has wiring to be done so it isn't running right now so it would have to be towed somewhere still.
How long would you be willing to have a heap sitting around? Seriously, it could be weeks before I can get something arranged.
i live in a reasonably safe area with tons of parking on the side of the street. it could sit there for ever if you ask me. the only issue would be if the cops don't like an unregistered vehicle sitting unmoved for a long time. i know in boulder you're not allowed to have a vehicle on the street for more than 3 days without being moved, but we don't have that restriction in longmont (at least i've seen cars unmovved for weeks before). so i think it would not be a big problem.

also, some times you can get a better price on round trip u-haul rentals, and there's a rental place two blocks from my house, so if you want to use my house as a home-base while you take the u-haul to grand junciton and back, that's cool too.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:15 AM
Contributing Member

Unfortunately, it can't sit near my place for too long (Boulder has very restrictive laws about vehicles on the street....they'll tow it in about a week or so).

My runner is probably not the best vehicle to tow it over the divide right now. I'd do it, but I don't have my valve body upgrade in my transmission yet and I really don't want to blow the thing right now. If there's any other way I can help (tow it in the Boulder area to somewhere, check anything out for you, etc...) let me know.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:18 AM

one more option: my girlfriend and i are planning on going out to telluride some time in november (when the condos are still real cheap) for a mini vacation. i'd be happy to drive a u-haul out to your place. the only issue would be getting me from your place to telluride and then from telluride back to boulder. i'd also be happy to round-trip a full-size pickup with a car trailer if you can find any place that will rent an f-350 or something.