95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

ahriman's 4th gen lifted & shoe-d [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mansourman
Billy,

Thanks for being so brave in forging the new frontier on lifts for the 4th gens. I heard you snapped an ABS during your install? I did mine this weekend with Tracy's guidance. She wrote some excellent installation instructions. Okay- I'm gonna hit you up, how $$ is this ABS fix? Also, I used daystar- I hear you are designing your own lift kit system. How tall, ect?
Thanks in advance,

Chris
Chris, take your truck to the stealer if you sensor goes bad. Victor (Biff) had a similar problem and the dealer fixed it for free!!!

Good luck
Old 06-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Banned

uhm ... Chris, do NOT go to the dealership that I went to. I don't want to slander their name here by specifying which dealership it was, but ... I will send you an email real quick so you can avoid that one.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4route
uhm ... Chris, do NOT go to the dealership that I went to. I don't want to slander their name here by specifying which dealership it was, but ... I will send you an email real quick so you can avoid that one.
uhom- are you kdding? give 'em the black eye they deserve! i have to admire your ethics and patience w/people, i would be all over them telling people the name, their address, the size of their tassely shoes...
Old 06-27-2004, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by ahriman
uhom- are you kdding? give 'em the black eye they deserve! i have to admire your ethics and patience w/people, i would be all over them telling people the name, their address, the size of their tassely shoes...
I too am in admiration of Tracy, but Michael...damn! we need more guys on this forum like you...lol.

Since I sent all of your NE stickers off, I'll have some new ones made up for round #2 with the name of the dealer...and then maybe one of those urinating calvins...let me know.

Have a good one.

Billy
Old 06-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned

hahaha, thanks guys, i can't tell you how much it helps to laugh about this ... funny comments like how EDGE told some guy he was going to tear his uterus out from his face ... and now the tassely shoes! haha.

and Billy, i'll definitely let you know about the urinating calvin sticker. it's sounding like a really good idea though!!
Old 06-28-2004, 08:35 AM

ABS lines

Thanks for all the info. Billy, I'll give your contact a try on the part after I try the play stupid bit with the dealer- , thanks for that Lance. I've kinda been following all the member postings on the 4th gens and I have to say this site has the wealthiest of information. I knew from reading your posting that I was probably going to break those damn lines and Tracy's write-up was terrific and save us some time trying to figure out how to meander that strut out of position. If you don't mind put me on your list of interested on you lift development.

Later,

Chris
Old 06-28-2004, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by mansourman
Thanks for all the info. Billy, I'll give your contact a try on the part after I try the play stupid bit with the dealer- , thanks for that Lance. I've kinda been following all the member postings on the 4th gens and I have to say this site has the wealthiest of information. I knew from reading your posting that I was probably going to break those damn lines and Tracy's write-up was terrific and save us some time trying to figure out how to meander that strut out of position. If you don't mind put me on your list of interested on you lift development.

Later,

Chris
Chris-
Hey, just glad I can help. You are now officially on "the list"...

Billy
Old 06-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Banned

Billy ... I was thinking, if you end up sending a bunch of those lifts out for people who don't already have a lift, you and I could work something out together and I could change up my instructions so that they'd apply to everyone and you could send them with your kit.