95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4Runner is a chick car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 04:54 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hey Now!

Originally Posted by ugabulldog
4runner is not a chick car, I used to drive a mazda miata - that is a chic car.
Hey now hold on a minute! My 88 is a beast but I also drive a 1990 Miata that is just as hooked up at my Yota, long nose crate engine, short shift kit, Bilstein HDs, Killen springs, Borla exhaust system, K&N Intake, Autopower roll bar, Einkei RS5 16" wheels, BFG G-Force tires and on and on. Definatly a sleeper, its paint job is crap and the body is a mess! It is a far cry from a girl car, actually most of the girls I know HATE to ride in it, they think its noisy, "its stripped down" rides ROUGH and I scare the crap out of them! My Miata out handles most cars on the road, hands down. I've had the BMW guys back off on exit ramps while I’m to the floor in 3rd still pulling, perhaps I’m just a little nuts but that’s just me! I've actually caused a few of the riced out Honda guys to need body work after losing it in the tight turns, don't even try to keep up on the twisties!... not a drag racer but a true roadster…NOW I guess if it was pink with flower wheels, and an auto trans, I may agree but not all are chick mobiles!
Old 05-17-2005, 06:08 AM

It's because yall drive girly ass 2nd and 3rd gens. 1st gens are the only way!
Old 05-17-2005, 06:54 AM
Contributing Member

Miatas handle great but they do lack in the horsepower department but thankfully Mazda seems to be taking care of that problem as of late and the new body style is much improved over the coke bottle curves of the previous itinerations. The Miata just has always had the soft image with most of the male drivers seemingly being the older big mustache,flat hat wearing guys and not serious sports car guys but with a turbo in place it gives the Miata much more potential.

4Runners don't carry a womanish image but alot of women drive them around here.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:20 AM

Do you guys think that there is anything about the Jetta that makes it look particularly like a chick car? I don't. But the fact that 90% of the time I see a (usually attractive) girl behind the wheel makes me think of it as a chick car. Based on these criteria, I feel that my 3rd gen is categorized the same way (at least around these parts). I see a seemingly similar pattern developing with the Nissan Xterra.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ilovemountains
Hey now hold on a minute! My 88 is a beast but I also drive a 1990 Miata that is just as hooked up at my Yota, long nose crate engine, short shift kit, Bilstein HDs, Killen springs, Borla exhaust system, K&N Intake, Autopower roll bar, Einkei RS5 16" wheels, BFG G-Force tires and on and on. Definatly a sleeper, its paint job is crap and the body is a mess! It is a far cry from a girl car, actually most of the girls I know HATE to ride in it, they think its noisy, "its stripped down" rides ROUGH and I scare the crap out of them! My Miata out handles most cars on the road, hands down. I've had the BMW guys back off on exit ramps while I’m to the floor in 3rd still pulling, perhaps I’m just a little nuts but that’s just me! I've actually caused a few of the riced out Honda guys to need body work after losing it in the tight turns, don't even try to keep up on the twisties!... not a drag racer but a true roadster…NOW I guess if it was pink with flower wheels, and an auto trans, I may agree but not all are chick mobiles!
When I bought my Miata in @ 2000, I lived in Atl, and started noticing that tho only people driving them were girls or fags, (not that there is anything wrong with that) I sold mine ASAP. Yes, you can turn just about any vehicle into a non chic car, hell just put a rebel flag or some motorhead stickers on it.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

Motorhead stickers rule!!!! And yes that would definetly work.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by White SR5
Here in South Carolina I see more females in 3rd gen.'s. If it's a 1st or 2nd gen. though I have yet to see a female in the driver's seat. As for it being a "chick car", I think not. It's actually comfortable, practical, affordable, and dependable, so a lot of people like it -- men and women. I have to say though I do see more men in the 4WD models than women, if I get a glance at the rear of it.

Zach

Hey, Zach, I'll be in Columbia this weekend. Here's your chance to see a girl driving a darn good looking 1st Gen.

I, on the other hand, am no hottie so don't get your hopes up. My girlfriend thinks I'm cute, though. I guess that's what matters.

Last edited by Tiger Paw; 05-17-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:29 PM

yeah, because you see lots of chicks driving like this. :pat:

Old 05-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by calrockx
yeah, around here in so cal, i notice a lot of women in 4runners. whatever, i don't care. and like others were saying, when it's an sr5 and/or 4wd, it's more often that not a guy driving.
This seems to be pretty true. also we have a tons of 2nd gens down here. 3rds are mostly chicks (and limiteds...man we have a lot of limiteds) I guess. 2nd Gens are almost always guys.

Originally Posted by calrockx
and i agree about the jetta thing. that's definitely a chick car, as is the new bug (but that one is exclusively for girls). i heard this jetta theory once: 95% of those driving jettas are girls, and 95% of those girls are hot. based on my scientific observations, this hypothesis is correct.
You from SoCal and you don't see how it is here? The Jetta is a girls car, yes. But its a pretty good divide between hot chicks, yuppies/metrosexuals, and gay guys. Me and my roomate both agree, the Jetta is "the gay man's car".
Old 05-17-2005, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by anomaly
It's because yall drive girly ass 2nd and 3rd gens. 1st gens are the only way!
i second that. rock on 1st gen owners.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mikronized
yeah, because you see lots of chicks driving like this. :pat:

most chick drivers i see are on the road and when they are off the road they are in the passenger seat... unless the dog is in the car then she gets pushed to the back.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:10 PM

ha ha ha
Old 05-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Contributing Member

Here in Chicago most 4runners are driven by men.....My 8yr old son points out every 4runner on the road and says if a man or woman is driving it...The biggest "chic"/"gay" car is the Honda CRV here..... 95% driven by woman. God that CRV is one ugly car. Only 10 more years before my 93' 5spd runner becomes his.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:40 PM

When it was time to buy a new ride for my wife, I had several things that I wanted for her.

I wanted the vehicle to be tough and reliable. I didn't want her driving something that could be stopped by a pothole. I wanted it to be able to cross shallow flood water without drowning. I wanted to beleive that regardles of any "Girl" thing she might do to it, it would bring her home.

I wanted something that would not just decide to break. Having my wife stuck on the side of the road because her ride decided it was time to shut down is not acceptable.

I wanted something that would be comfortable. It needed to have enough room to do whatever she wants to do.

I wanted it to be safe. I needed to believe that it would take good care of her in an accident.

So, to sum it up, I needed a ride that was safe, reliable, comfortable, girl proof, versitile, and expensive enough looking to make her friends jealous.

I bought her a third gen 2wd 4runner.

It's kicking ass and taking names.

I'm happy.

She's happy.

If that makes it a "Girl's car", then so be it.

In MY opinion that makes it an AWESOME car.

If it dissapeared today, I would buy her another without hesitation.

Fast Frank