RogueYota's 87 Budget Build Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoredOutnJackdUp
sti dude! i want one so bad.
If only i could afford one lol.
I am trying to afford one, it might not happen. I told my wife that the only car I wouldnt mind making a payment on is one that puts a smile on my face. STI's put a smile on my face every time I drive one.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive only driven 1, when i worked for the subaru dealership.
it was 1 2010 brand new, 5 speed sti.
it was stupid fast! i like the older body style though.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:14 PM

Went to a big rock crawl event today...yota did pretty damn good.

Also got a roll bar for it yesterday.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:14 PM

Bumpity!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:55 PM

The good ol white city ponds!
Trucks lookin good!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 AM

Those rocks look like fun! But they're still pretty small compared to the rock piles all over the desert out here Nice pics man!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:14 PM

Did a valve adjustment today. They intake valve were all pretty close....but the exhaust ones were waaaay loose. I had a ticking noise before...thought the adjusment would help...didnt change one bit. Tried the valve cover bolt thing....no change. This motor and head only has about 25K on it....it also runs pretty rich....and I cant adjust this stock 22R carb. Any ideas on the noise and richness?

Custom CAI out of a Dodge Neon intake tube. No filter at the carb....didnt change anything but looks cool lol

My cheat sheet.

Girlfriend snuck a picture. O_O

Awww she loves me!! lol
Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 PM

Ha, same deal with my truck. Valve adjustment did nothing to quiet it down, then again it's at 307,xxx, lol.

Carb problems? Try a rebuild.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 PM

The carb was bought new with the rebuild. Although my mom let the truck sit for almost a year before I got to it. Rebuild was about 2-3 years ago I wanna say.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:31 PM

So I checked the timming on the Yota today and it was at like 18 lol Should be at zero with vacuum pluged but when I take them off they make no difference. So I set it to 5 and it ran like crap! So I put it back to like 15 and its back to running fine. I cant even get the line on the crank pulley to touch past 5. I put #1 at TDC and checked the line and its spot on. Any ideas?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:41 AM

Well Im bored here at work (no cars on my rack) so i thought id jump on here. So about my timing issue I think my dizzy is a tooth off....havent got into it yet though. Also I started running premium and I noticed the motor did quiet down alot. Also runs alot better. Nothing new on it. I did order a 3 gauge pillar pod last night from glow shift. I have the SR5 cluster but the oil psi, water, and fuel gauges are screwed up...so im going to take al four out and leave the tach and speedo. Gunna put the volts gauge were the factory clock would go and the other three on the pillar.

Yota build is gunna be slow and broke build now. I got an apartment with my girl now so guess where my money is gunna go now! lol
Old 07-31-2011, 04:37 PM

Well I got bored and decided to take a few pics. Also got an idea for a tire/hi lift/whatever mount.

Little bit of news. Getting an IFS lift from a certain someone here on the forum whos doing an SAS. Gunna go with that and then the F150s that I have. Still no pics on those though....I still have to get them from my buddies house.

New rollbar...well...about a month old.

Well I had an idea for the rollbar. Mocked it up on Paint now I cant find it. But the two bars that come down to the fenders. I want to get a piece of plate and cover that whole section. I want to weld 2 door hinges to it and the top of the rollbar. Then weld 2 gate locks or something at the bottom to secure it. Then mount my spare and other offroad tools on it. I want it on hinges so I can still put stuff behind it if need be. What do you guys think? Can you visualize what Im thinkin? lol
Old 07-31-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by RogueYota
Went to a big rock crawl event today...yota did pretty damn good.

Also got a roll bar for it yesterday.

truck looks badass in this picture
Old 07-31-2011, 05:19 PM

Dude I know! I was suprised I got that much flex out of it lol Its one of my favorite pics of it.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:43 PM

Well once again got bored and messed with Yota.

When I got the buckets the driver bolted right up...and only one hole lined up on passenger. So I drilled new holes through the floor and used huge bolts. You can see how far off the holes are.

Mounted my fire extinguisher. Thought about the piullar but the sun shines more there...was kinda worried about heat.

Dad finally gave me one of his hi lifts....but it doesnt jack down :/ so we gotta fix it.

Also mounted my amp so it wasnt just floppin around under the seat.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:32 PM

im curious to know how you wired those lights under the cab? did you do direct battery/switch power? and the lights in the rear..are those just switch on, or did you tap into the reverse lights with a relay so it can do both??
Old 08-02-2011, 08:35 AM

With the lights under the cab I did run them to a switch then from the swith straight the battery. As for the lights under the cab they are now on the roll bar and they were also to a switch.

On another note

My 3 gauge pillar pod came in last night. Gunna mount it in my spare time here at work. Gotta love workin ina shop!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:04 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
sure i'll subscribe

Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Thanks man!!

And to whom it may concern! lol

The build was really fast at the beggining and now has slowed down as I just moved in with my girl last night. We got our own place! So now I got bills....but gunna make sure I got money for my other love!!

As soon as I get paid shes getting a 4" lift with F150s out back. Ill go pick up the gauges for my pod after work...hopefully....depends on if my money for the up-sells I made this month at the shop comes.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Well I got the pod in...looks good and fits nicely. I also got my up-sell money so after work I have to run around and do some things and I will stop by and get my gauges.

Since none of the gauges in my SR5 cluster work im taking them out (oil PSI, water temp, volts, gas) and putting in aftermarket ones. Gunna put the gas gauge where the SR5 clock would go and the other three on the pillar.

Quick Reply: RogueYota's 87 Budget Build Thread!!