86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Hiemsnox's 1987 V8 P/U Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well tried to sell the truck, no one would pay for it. so i'm keeping it for now, fixing it up and who knows... i love this truck... there just is NO WHERE to drive it around here
Old 05-22-2012, 05:57 AM

Thought maybe you guys like to see what my daily drive was. I normally drive around in my 04 Subaru WRX STi. its moddestly modded with exhaust, downpipe, slightly bigger turbo, 850cc injectors, intake, recently put in a full aluminum radiator cause the stock blew, wheels, and a few other goodies.

Recently Dyno tuned on a AWD mustang "heartbreaker" dyno at 306 AWHP and 330 TQ

heres a few pics, let me know if you want to see more

Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 AM

Not sure everyone reads this thread but if case you do.

I'll be pulling the motor out of the 87 this weekend and tearing apart the passenger side head to see if i can figure out where i am getting my miss fire from.

I'm thinking there there is no compression in the number 6 cylinder so i might be looking at sending it to a machine shop to get fixed, or finding a cheap motor around town.

More updates to come!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:40 AM

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts
The paint looks great. What online vender sold it to you?
You should enter your location. You said you had no place to wheel but some members seem to has access to private land.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 AM

I actually dont remember who i bought the paint from, its been almost a year since i painted it. decent site, fixed a problem with my order once it was found.

and i thought i had my location. I live in Beavercreek OH, which is southwestern near dayton if anyone knows.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 AM

Thought i Give you guys some new pics to look at, they were from when I was trying to sell it.

I plan on keeping the truck for now, im only paying insurance on it anyways. plus I figure i deserve to drive this truck, ive had it so long now and put a decent amount of time in it, specially for being just a toy. Truck is in the driveway now getting the motor pulled. I think i might have a bad valve or something on cyl 6.

Here soon i'm going to start a name that part game for my thread, Long story short is i hve NO CLUE what suspension parts are on my truck, i just know they are terrible and need fixed. Keep in mind some of it has to stay because of the motor, but again im not sure exactly what it is. as of right now i have i think 0 suspension travel, im not kidding, like ZERO!!!! all of this will be shown later with pics.

But for now here are some pics (including my last truck which i sold to by the STi)

And here is my old (newer) truck that i miss dearly
It was a 2006 Tacoma TRD Off Road v6 6 speed manual

Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 AM

both trucks are actually gone now, I'm leaving for basic soon and wont be able to take all my vehicles with me when I'm done. Hopefully I can build another Toyota another day