Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

FS FJ Cruisers @ < $30K

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS FJ Cruisers @ < $30K

I just started selling Toyotas in Virginia. Our Dealership has a couple of FJ Cruisers with the basic convenience Package & Alloy Wheels Starting in the $26- 27K Range. AND, if you live in the area and our dealership performs the routine maintenance, we warranty the engine FOR LIFE along with Oil Changes & State Inspections for the Life of the vehicle!!!

If anyone is interested you can reach me on my Cell @ 757-553-6280. We have the largest inventory in the Southeastern part of the state so you can find what you is best for you!

We do not mark up our FJ's above MSRP, but we also have not been giving any discounts either.

Greg
Old 09-06-2006, 07:05 AM

What dealership are you at?
Old 09-06-2006, 09:36 PM

FS FJ Cruiser

Priority come by and I'll be happy to meet with you.

Greg
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 AM

I am a tech at first team toyota
Old 09-08-2006, 04:15 AM

First Team

Come by, I won't tell. BTW, did you read the paper (Business section) today about how much Priority is growing and the First Team Dealerships on Greenbrier have been bought to make room for a massively large Toyota Dealership on the same property? They'll need a lot of Service Techs in a couple of years!
Old 09-08-2006, 02:38 PM

I have already talked to them about coming to priority. They can't match what First Team has for me. You have to go where the money is. I will be looking at you guys when it comes time. Didn't you guys loose a FJ to flooding?

Last edited by kustomkhaos; 09-08-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:46 PM

Is this thread legit?
Old 09-09-2006, 03:23 AM

Why not? He is a salesman at a dealership who is trying to pass on a deal. This is vehicle classifieds right?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:42 AM

Fj Pricing

I am not sure what Rivalred means by Legit. Our Pricing is what it is. We don't mess with MSRP either up or down.

As far as posting this on YotaTech. As kustomkhaos notes, this is the Merchandizing area, right? I'm like anyone else trying to make a living and posting what looks like fair pricing .

If I can help anyone get into an FJ for less than $30K, I think most people would like what we have to offer. Right now we have a lot of units with Manual Trans & not a lot of extras. If anyone is interested. Let me know.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:07 AM

A FJ Cruiser for the MRSP Price around $25, xxx would be even better. I tried to price one out here a few months back, but the dealer who was posting on here was a joke.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 AM

FJ Pricing

I understand now! I know what you mean. Even at our great dealership, there are people that answer the pricing question by telling people the base price before the packages are added! There's no doubt this concept leads to mistrust by consumers that already feel the dealer is cheating them out of their money.

I don't suscribe to giving low ball prices because there is no easy way to explain it. In the short time I've been selling cars, I have already found that long term success relies on my reputation as an honest, tell it like it is salesman.

This site is a good example of how a good or bad reputation dessiminates. For every good experience some MAY tell 3 people but make it a bad one and AT LEAST 12 People know about it!!
Old 09-15-2006, 05:56 AM

Sticker Price

Just Post the Sticker Prices and Let us judge your pricing.
I am waiting this crap out until dealerships get the head out
of their a$$. Most dealerships around here will not even honor
the COSTCO $100 above invoice. So with that said they can
sit on the lot until Toyota starts giving better incentives for
their dealership to start letting the FJ's go at a fair price.

BTW... I new this would happen when I saw the fair MSRP pricing.
My brother got so pi$$ed he finally bought a new 4 Door Taco because
of the run around with 3 Dealerships on the Peninsula.

I am certainly not going to pay 4Runnuer prices for a FJ not matter
how sexy they are.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:32 AM

FJ Cruiser Pricing

Market Supply & Demand forces are real when it comes to the FJ. With only 75,000 units produced, 1,400 dealerships and 12 months to sell them, that only provides about 4.5 units available per month! There are dealerships that Sell A LOT more per month so they get more allocations assigned but the others won't get what they would like either.

Anyway, there just isn't any pressure to sell below MSRP on this model. In August Toyota Sold almost 6,300 FJ's so there's no decline in sales or popularity.

All, I wanted to do was inform members about the units we have (and are selling well) that are priced below the typical $30K. These units are void of the bundled convenience package PLUS the package 1 or 2. What is interesting, though, is that the $30K units sell quicker!

Also, we are one of only 150 Toyota President's Award Dealerships in the US so hopefully, we should know how to treat our customer's better than most.

Last, people purchase when the perceived value exceeds the price. It's different for everyone and it's your money. We never try to pressure anyone to make that decision because you need to be happy even when you make your payments 3-4 years after you leave our dealership! Any Saleman that leads you on to believe that their manager's MIGHT give you special consideration, is only setting you up for a big disappointment. I am upfront about what models the MSRP is a soft number. The FJ just is not one of them. It may not be what you want to hear but it's the honest approach which hopefully, you would respect and appreciate.

BTW, the 4Runner might be the better deal right now anyway with the current buying incentives in place!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by KempLN3R
Market Supply & Demand forces are real when it comes to the FJ. With only 75,000 units produced, 1,400 dealerships and 12 months to sell them, that only provides about 4.5 units available per month! There are dealerships that Sell A LOT more per month so they get more allocations assigned but the others won't get what they would like either.

Anyway, there just isn't any pressure to sell below MSRP on this model. In August Toyota Sold almost 6,300 FJ's so there's no decline in sales or popularity.

All, I wanted to do was inform members about the units we have (and are selling well) that are priced below the typical $30K. These units are void of the bundled convenience package PLUS the package 1 or 2. What is interesting, though, is that the $30K units sell quicker!

Also, we are one of only 150 Toyota President's Award Dealerships in the US so hopefully, we should know how to treat our customer's better than most.

Last, people purchase when the perceived value exceeds the price. It's different for everyone and it's your money. We never try to pressure anyone to make that decision because you need to be happy even when you make your payments 3-4 years after you leave our dealership! Any Saleman that leads you on to believe that their manager's MIGHT give you special consideration, is only setting you up for a big disappointment. I am upfront about what models the MSRP is a soft number. The FJ just is not one of them. It may not be what you want to hear but it's the honest approach which hopefully, you would respect and appreciate.

BTW, the 4Runner might be the better deal right now anyway with the current buying incentives in place!
The local dealer here in Rochester Hills, MI has like 3-4 FJ's sitting on their lot and I wonder why. The price is way to high on the way they are ordering them. If they were smart about it, they would order them with the mid range pricing of $26,000 dollars and then they could always order in the accessories. If a dealer does not honor Costco Pricing I say that is not fair as in that is one reason why people sign up for a such co-op.

Paying MRSP is rediculous especially when a vehicle is for transportation and not investment. A person paying $200-$300 the dealer and Toyota are still making money. If a customer comes in and wants to purchase a FJ and they have supply pricing or etc and the dealer does not honor that, what does that tell you.

And I do not know what Toyota is thinking, the FJ Cruiser looks like it is hurting 4 Runner sales and Toyota is trying to stay competitive with other brands. Makes no sense at all.

Last edited by Rivalred; 09-19-2006 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

The FJ is being sold to a more off road crowd than the average 4Runner and aren't really in direct competition and it's all good for Toyota not to mention the buyers who are looking for a vehicle more dedicated to the off road lifestyle than the 4Runner.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
The FJ is being sold to a more off road crowd than the average 4Runner and aren't really in direct competition and it's all good for Toyota not to mention the buyers who are looking for a vehicle more dedicated to the off road lifestyle than the 4Runner.
Not in Michigan..... :pat:
Old 09-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I wanted just a base model... no alloys... no roof rack... just convenience package, 6spd... My dealership (Bill Wright) couldn't get anything for the base price + destination + Convenience package... Even then, the convenience package isn't even that important to me... Kind of sucks that they advertise a Base MSRP, but the fact of the matter is, the dealerships RARELY see a base model of a vehicle like the FJ.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:56 PM

There has not been a demand for the base model. I went threw the same thing at the dealership I work at. Ordering one with options is cheaper than adding them later. We (techs) do not install options for free, not even for the dealership. They pay us just like the average customer does. There is alot of thing people do not know about how a dealership works. Dealerships can not give cars away, nor do they make as much as everyone thinks when they sell a car. The one who takes the beating the most is not the one buying the car, its the salesman selling you the car.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by kustomkhaos
There has not been a demand for the base model. I went threw the same thing at the dealership I work at. Ordering one with options is cheaper than adding them later. We (techs) do not install options for free, not even for the dealership. They pay us just like the average customer does. There is alot of thing people do not know about how a dealership works. Dealerships can not give cars away, nor do they make as much as everyone thinks when they sell a car. The one who takes the beating the most is not the one buying the car, its the salesman selling you the car.
I can install accessories very easily and will do it to save on the labor.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Word... it's pretty easy...

Quick Reply: FS FJ Cruisers @ < $30K