Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

FS: 92 4x4 Pickup 3.0 5-speed in MN

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: 92 4x4 Pickup 3.0 5-speed in MN

1992 Toyota 4x4 Pickup(standard cab, short box, deluxe model I think), 3.0l V6, 5-speed manual transmission, 163,000 miles. It has a thick plastic bedliner and a soft tonneau cover. The tires are BFG TK KO's, about a year and half old, they have a lot of tread left on them. I keep track of mileage and I've been getting about 16mpg this winter so far, but the average for the truck since I've owned it is 17.23mpg over the last 20,000 miles. That should speak pretty well for the condition of the truck. It's my daily driver and has been a great vechicle year round. Mechanically this truck is stock as far as I know. No lift kit or anything like that.
I'll list all the things that are known issues with it, otherwise you can assume that everything else is good. The parking brake works, but it will stick a little, so you have to manually push the brakes back to the off position. The synchros in the transmission are not working well. It's difficult to shift into 2nd gear, but it will go. There's something leaking in the engine, very very slowly. Just enough to tell that something drips. The brake reseviour needs to be topped off every few months or the light will come on. The antenna broke off, so the radio receptions sucks, but I have a Blaupunkt CD/MP3 player in the truck so I rarely listened to the radio anyhow. There is rust on this truck, but it's in amazing shape considering it's age and the fact that it lives in MN. I don't think there's any rustthrough anywhere on the body. I replaced the bumper, so it's in good shape. The Air Conditioning works, but I wouldn't say it works well. It's certainly worth using when it's hot, but it takes a while to get things cooled down. The 4x4 works and has no problems shifting into or out of it, but when in 4x4 there is vibration, so I think the front driveshaft may be out of balance(there's no vibration with the front wheels locked, only when the 4x4 is actually engaged). Last thing is that I think the clutch throwout bearing is starting to go. There's a whine/moan when the clutch is pushed in. The noise is there sometimes and gone others. No slippage or any other signs of cluthc problems, just the occasional noise. There is no spare tire. It got rusted into place, so they cut it out and it got lost in storage sometime in the past. That's it for the known issues. Like I've mentioned, this is my daily driver/only vehicle. So it's certainly capable of being a great truck for someone else. I do my own oil changes, and have been using synthetic in it since I got it. I changed the transmission oil to synthetic last year too. Regular oil and air filter changes and driveshaft lube too.
Here's pictures from after a wash and wax in July 2005, the antenna has broken off since then, but otherwise it's pretty much the same. It's not as flawless as it looks in the pics, but it's a good lookin truck still.

So the price I want is $3000. The truck is in the Minneapolis Minnesota area. Let me know if there's any glaring omissions in my description or if you have any other questions.
It's time for a newer vehicle that gets better mileage. There's a 2006 RAV4 v6 sport out there somewhere with my name on it.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truck has been SOLD.