3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

Wiring headache

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 02:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Angry Wiring headache

I pulled a 3.4 l out of a 1996 2 wheel drive automatic 4Runner I put it in a 1990 long wheel base extended cab four by four 3.0 truck manual shift first of all I have been unsuccessful in finding any wiring diagrams for the 1990 3.0 ECM that shows wire colors also everything for the 1990 is very vague I've also bought some to ubscriptions to Alldata I have a worthless ihave a worthless Chilton's manual I have some diagram pictures off of different parts of the web the problem is everything I get contradicts something else nothing matches what I actually have so you can see my concern was going in starting to repin anyting if I can find one wiring diagram for the 1990 truck that showed my connectors with the actual colors in the actual spice doing the actual function I would have something I trust my documentation on the 4Runner is is on point this is my work truck I really need it back going if someone can help with a wiring diagram some instructions some advice a kick in the butt something I'm getting nowhere quick I'm a fairly good mechanic Patrician DownEast wire to see where it goes for the function would be a nightmare so then we could help I would really appreciate it
Old 08-17-2020, 12:00 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
https://techinfo.toyota.com/

$20 for a 2 day pass, and you can download as many manuals and bulletins right from Toyota as you can/want back to 1990. This has been worth it's price many times over as I do a 1UZ swap in my 4Runner (being an '87, my 4Runner wasn't covered, I watched ebay for probably 6 months to get a repair manual and wiring diagram books in print for about $100).
Old 08-27-2020, 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=Numbchux;52449215]https://techinfo.toyota.com/

$20 for a 2 day pass, and you can download as many manuals and bulletins right from Toyota as you can/want back to 1990. This has been worth it's price many times over as I do a 1UZ swap in my 4Runner (being an '87, my 4Runner wasn't covered, I watched ebay for probably 6 months to get a repair manual and wiring diagram books in print for about $100).[/QUOTe
Old 08-27-2020, 06:44 PM

Yea I did that last weekend and it did have some good info but still didnt have a pinout of my ecm that included function and wire colors for the 1990 pickup 3.0 ltr the closest thing it had was a pinout with test values and measurements the 96 on the other hand was very well documented I've found quite a bit out since this post but right now I'm stumped by what to move to my manual connectors in the g2 distributer slot and the g1
Old 08-29-2020, 08:19 PM

Received 119 Likes on 105 Posts
I don't mean to be an ass, but if you could do simple sentence structures, your posts would be so much easier to read.
The following users liked this post:
old87yota (08-30-2020)
Old 08-29-2020, 10:33 PM

Well check this for structure.

Originally Posted by moto809
I don't mean to be an ass, but if you could do simple sentence structures, your posts would be so much easier to read.
You might not mean to be an ass ,but if you will have a look in the mirror you will see that you are definitely an ass! Someone is seeking help with a project trying to text with greasy hands and miss a ˟˟˟˟in period and here along comes mr anunciation and his punctuating pee pee wetting his pants and squalling like a bitch over a sentence structure.is there anyone who read that post t hff at didnt comprehend what I was asking. Other than mr ass ? Yea that's what I figured ...ass
Old 08-30-2020, 04:38 AM

Received 331 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane Carrington
You might not mean to be an ass ,but if you will have a look in the mirror you will see that you are definitely an ass! Someone is seeking help with a project trying to text with greasy hands and miss a ˟˟˟˟in period and here along comes mr anunciation and his punctuating pee pee wetting his pants and squalling like a bitch over a sentence structure.is there anyone who read that post t hff at didnt comprehend what I was asking. Other than mr ass ? Yea that's what I figured ...ass
Now try to express yourself in English, please.
The following users liked this post:
moto809 (08-30-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 08:15 AM

Received 119 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane Carrington
We are all here to help one another, but when I have to spend 5 minutes picking apart what you wrote it's not worth my time. I'm not going to pursue this any further since you can't take any form of criticism. Good luck with your project.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:59 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
They're not wrong. I've read your posts many times, and I'm not at all sure what you're asking.

If the information you're looking for was not on Techinfo, the next best way is to buy an old hard copy of the service manual and Electrical Wiring Diagram book on ebay.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:28 AM

Wiring

Originally Posted by Numbchux
They're not wrong. I've read your posts many times, and I'm not at all sure what you're asking.

If the information you're looking for was not on Techinfo, the next best way is to buy an old hard copy of the service manual and Electrical Wiring Diagram book on ebay.
I think I have it figured out Numbchux,thanks for your assistance though I called the man I bought the engine from and come to find out his son had gotten into the connectors at one time for some reason while installing a sound system and had melted some wires I split the loom and found the splices someone had made with incorrect colors of wire at this point I'm ohming out each circuit just to be on the safe side it's slow but I'm getting there.