3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

PLEASE READ!! Time is short!! 3.4 swap into '94 4runner

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:37 AM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
check the coolant level, check the oil level. Pull the plugs and do a compression check on it. Take pictures of the plugs so we can see them.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE:

ok everyone thank you so much for all the info and help!!

i did not end up buying that 4runner or the more recent tacoma. i was getting bad vibes from that taco

ok. i purchased a 99 taco this weekend.

the good:

has almost everything, interior was there just taken apart sorta. its a 99 taco, 5spd, 4X4. not rolled, was bought for parts engine bay nearly untouched.

motor, tranni, and transfer case all there and has 70,000 on the truck. very cool.

The Bad:

i didn't get to hear it run or get it to run. the front end was taken apart becase it was a parts truck for the PO. i mean, the timing cover, fan clutch, rad, and ac are gone but thats easy stuff. the rear axle and bed were gone but it had a locker and i just bought a complete 3rd member with the e locker and luckily when the guy took the rear axle he unplugged everything very nicely and i have the entire wiring harness up to the switch for my locker that ill put in my runner. the cab is in pretty bad shape but when i stepped back and looked at it. it was A LOT of truck for only $600 so reguardless of the motor running or not i saw it as getting my money back with parts ( big risk i was willing to take, if it runs and has 70,000 on the motor i win!if not ill get the $$$ back parting it out). the doors were cherry, could sell them, along with the frame (mint, not bent no rust at all) and the gas tank and scrap the cab and sell various other things.

anyways. this is what i bought. after working this summer down in Pismo beach ill be returning to my hometown in Nevada City, YES IN CALIFORNIA hhahaha and performing the infamous 3.4 swap. then ill start a build up thread for this stuff.

thank you all soo soo soooo much. any thoughts or comments let em roll! tell me what you think about this purchase. seemed like a win win to me. the odometer is electric so i didnt get to actually see how many miles were on her. im back down in slo and cant actually investigate it now. not till later in a few months. i know this is all very crazy, not seeing the motor run and not even knowing if it has indeed that many miles but i think ill come out on top when its all said and done.

thanks a lot guys. have a good one!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:40 AM

hey man congrats on the buy!!! But i can gaurantee that those couple of months wait will be killing you the whole time if you are anything like me because i have been busy and havent done much to mine for the past month and a half and it is def. killin me lol good luck i hope the motor works out for you
Old 06-10-2011, 03:06 PM

dude,Kody with a K. i know what you're sayin. it hasn't even been a week. i bought her on sunday. yeah that was 5 days ago. IM DYIN. i wanna rip into her and do this swap sooooo bad!! but i gotta work down here. shes just sitting up north tarped up on my dads 5 acres hahah. DYING!!! hahahah i'll keep you guys posted!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:07 PM

Ya man that is exactly how I feel I am taking my act tomorrow and after that I am free to work on it and I can't wait!!! Wish me good luck
Old 06-12-2011, 08:59 PM

good luck man. i dont see where you're located... where u at kody b??
Old 06-13-2011, 05:38 AM

O I'm in south dakota...lol