Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

YotatechTour '06 - New Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveO
I'm sorry, I should have been a bit more clear. Next Friday. I have to work this Friday....

But, if you'r interested, we could do it then as well.....
My apologies, I really can read. I thought you were going to run Trails in Socorro THIS weekend ie 7/29 or 7/30. If that works for you great, if not I will try to get 8/4 off as I would really like to map some of those trails (I feel the flu coming on next weekend)
Old 07-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

Hey kids...

Thought I better get online and see what was the lates on this trip. Steve - glad to hear TT is a go. What time and where is everybody meeting on Sat. 8/5??? I should be able to make it.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Contributing Member

Considering people are coming from north and south, I would suspect 9am would be a good time to meet.

A general location just off the highway would be:

Amigo Mart 861
Airport Road
Santa Fe, NM 87507

We can top off tanks there, and the trail is just a few miles from this location.

Upper left hand corner, the star is where the gas station is. This picture includes Interstate access to this location as well.

Jim what do you think?
Old 07-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

Is that the Shell station? If so, it's perfect. That's where and what time we met last time.

Jayson, it will be great to wheel with you again.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Contributing Member

So far it looks like this.

Friday 8/4: early AM trip to Socorro

SteveO
Jim
Brian
Schaefer?

I think we should have a meet and greet on Friday night in Albuquerque

Saturday 8/5: 9:00 AM meet at the above location to wheel Tank Trap in Santa Fe

SteveO
Jim
Brian
Spill_02
Jayson
Josh
Harry
Mastacox
Schaefer?

Sunday 8/6: ?

(I doubt I will be able to do anything on Sunday due to other commitments)

I have also posted this on the NM TTORA, NM TORC and HD Cruiser Boards.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm down for a meet and greet in Abq, and I'll be there Sat. Sounds like fun!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by SteveO
David is pretty Hard Core. I'm looking into the trails. What David does in his rig scares me.

So, I'm working it.

Jim, you recently did Jaws and some other trails.....How were those for most of the IFS group?
LOL.... i guess it a complament...hehe

I'll try my best to make this... I blew my toy rearend this past weekend at the TTORA takeover.... already got the 60 ready to go in just need to finish up the little things

-David

Last edited by Davidtacoma; 07-28-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:37 PM

I have a map of socorro, if you guys wanta stop by mt house on hte way out i can hook you up.... I live in Bosque Farms....

-David
Old 07-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Contributing Member

Indeed, it was meant as a compliment to you. I think I read somewhere about you saying "after the 1st dent, it doesn't matter too much"....something to that effect....

I'm trying to keep the 4runner dent-free. Although I know one day, I'll have some major damage....guess I'm just trying to pro-long the inevitable..... :cry:

That would be great! Thank you for the offer. The plan is we depart ABQ by about 7AM. I'll be passing the ABQ sunport off-ramp about 7AM and Jim will be there waiting, on Channel 4.

How far off the HWY do you live?
Old 07-29-2006, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

Just an idea...

I know someone that owns a old turquoise mine about 20min outside of Santa Fe (not sure what direction, I will find out) and I'm pretty sure we could host a meet and greet there if we wanted. He used to host parties inside the mine years ago but there is also a little shack outside if people get claustrophobic or something. I could get a grill out there and some coolers and it could be byob/f I would love to supply the food for this thing but I'm on a pretty limited budget for the trip so that isn't really an option The coolest thing about going out there is that there is turquoise all over the ground. Fun for kids or everyone to just walk around finding pieces. Thats what we did last time... anyway, let me know if you guys would be interested in doing something out there and I'll see what I can do

The shack:

Inside the mine:
Old 07-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

Very cool idea Austin.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

Is everything still on track?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

I have a new suggestion...

Friday we will be wheeling in Socorro (I hope you can get here in time Austin). Friday evening we will have a meet and greet at our house in Albuquerque for anyone who wants to come (whether you wheeled with us or not). The date coincides with a party my wife is planning in honor of our 2 kids (one is going into Kindergarten and on is going into High School). We will have some food here and you can BYOB if you choose to .

Saturday we will wheel in Santa Fe. Saturday evening we should have a meet and greet in Santa Fe at the turquoise mine. I would be happy to fund some of the food for the get together in SF as well.

Sunday...not sure. I will most likely be busy and I know SteveO is too. Hopefully we will be able to find someone to lead a group on Sunday to Rio Puerco or something.

Austin, what do you think?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:33 PM

That sounds good to me. I may or may not make it to Socorro Fri. I won't know till Thurs.. Myself and Phil (spill02) might camp Fri night close to the trail and meet you guys at the trailhead.
As far as Sun. goes I can lead the run to Peurco if need be.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by briansc33
That sounds good to me. I may or may not make it to Socorro Fri. I won't know till Thurs.. Myself and Phil (spill02) might camp Fri night close to the trail and meet you guys at the trailhead.
As far as Sun. goes I can lead the run to Peurco if need be.
Cool, I want to make sure Austin has enough footage of NM. Leading a small group on Sunday would be great!
Old 07-31-2006, 02:23 PM

It would be my pleasure,I just hope we get afew trucks to join us so it's not a two truck run. You might want to add this to your most recent post over......There...
Old 07-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Contributing Member

Jim, that sounds like a good plan.
I won't be able to make it to Socorro on Friday, but I am on-boards for Saturday. I'll volunteer to bring several pounds of ground meet for burgers Saturday night...

For Sunday, I would also be willing to take a small group around up north, maybe something easy but scenic around Red River? Just another sugestion...
Old 07-31-2006, 03:20 PM

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it, I have to leave Friday for two weeks of work in South Dakota. Have fun though guys and post lots of photos, all of the rain we have been having could make the washes very interesting!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by briansc33
It would be my pleasure,I just hope we get afew trucks to join us so it's not a two truck run. You might want to add this to your most recent post over......There...
Done!

Originally Posted by loosehead
Jim, that sounds like a good plan.
I won't be able to make it to Socorro on Friday, but I am on-boards for Saturday. I'll volunteer to bring several pounds of ground meet for burgers Saturday night...
Jayson, I look forward to wheeling with you agian. What's it been 3 years? My rig has changed a little since then.

Originally Posted by loosehead
For Sunday, I would also be willing to take a small group around up north, maybe something easy but scenic around Red River? Just another sugestion...
Hmmm...well based on discussion on Saturday this may be a good alternative.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Has anyone made a decision on Saturday evening? Cook-out at the mine?

Quick Reply: YotatechTour '06 - New Mexico