YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   YotatechTour '06 - New Mexico (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/yotatechtour-06-new-mexico-86925/)

turboale 05-29-2006 05:51 PM

YotatechTour '06 - New Mexico

Ok guys,
So I will be arriving in Albuquerque on Fri the 4th and will be available for shooting until Wed the 9th. I don't know how far everyone is but for those that are in the immediate area that wanted to come together for a preliminary meet and greet dinner on Friday the 4th that would be a great way to break the ice and also make sure everyone is on the same page for what all is going to be happening the next two days. If someone has a big back yard and a BBQ we could do it at someone's house or if the group would rather meet at a restaurant thats more centrally located thats fine too. It might be a good idea to have a backup restaurant just incase the weather is bad also. Then there is the question on what trails we are going to hit? You guys know all the best places, so post em up and we will all decide as a group where we end up. Let's hear it guys! :rockon:

turboale 05-29-2006 05:55 PM

My appologies...
All posted dates are during the month of August. :bigok:

SteveO 05-30-2006 03:05 PM

There isn't too much in the ABQ area....If you want some nasty, tire popping, body damage, broken axle stuff, Socorro is the place to go. If you want some mild stuff, Santa Fe Tank Trap. Here is a pretty comprehensive list of NM trails, save Socorro, which is fairly new.

http://www.webejeepin.com/Trails/New.../Trails_NM.htm

Albuquerque Jim 05-30-2006 09:03 PM

I'm in, I will help organize as well.

turboale 05-31-2006 07:59 AM

I will be arriving on friday as posted but I won't be leaving until wed-thursday depending on the AZ guys but most likely thursday. That will give us plenty of time to do two runs if you guys can get off work etc. If we could do an easy run one day and a harder run for two that would probably be ideal but its whatever fits into everyone's schedule. I don't know how far these places are that you want to go so if its far enough to where it would be worth our while to camp we might as well make a 2 day run out of it. What do you guys think?

SteveO 05-31-2006 09:30 AM

The Tank Trap is pretty easy and can be run with a stock rig, however it does have some challenging spots for the modified too.

I'm thinking you may want a change of scenery between hard and easy trails.

I'll send the NMTTORA guys over here, maybe they can chime in on some good trails.

turboale 06-05-2006 12:24 AM

Steve,
Whatever you fell the majority of rigs will be able to make is fine with me. I don't want it to look like a walk in the park, but I also want as many people in on this as possible so those are my main issues about this film.

Albuquerque Jim 06-05-2006 12:37 PM

SteveO,

Between Tank Trap and Rio Puerco we should be able to capture different scenery and different obstacles.

Don't you think?

If not we can go to Socorro, Los Lunas, Los Alamos or Jemez.

turboale 06-10-2006 02:52 PM

*note*
I think the best way to use our time will be a two day shoot with one day set primarily for interviews and the other day will be primarily for shooting footage of the trucks. How does that sound?

SteveO 06-11-2006 05:53 PM

Jim,
I agree. I think the Tank Trap may be easier for most people to do, with optional obstacles. As well, its a tab bit closer for most people, in general.

Turboale,
sounds good.

sounds good to me.

turboale 06-14-2006 11:45 AM

So lets get the word out!! :D

The more people we have the better this thing will turn out!

Jim,
How many people do we have so far...?

Albuquerque Jim 06-14-2006 04:32 PM

Not sure...

Are you looking for any type of TOY or just 4Runners?

I will get more people if you open it up.

turboale 06-14-2006 08:08 PM

any toys are welcome... its a yotatech dvd, not 4Runner dvd! :bigok:

Albuquerque Jim 06-14-2006 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by turboale
any toys are welcome... its a yotatech dvd, not 4Runner dvd! :bigok:

OK, so do all participants have to be YT members?

turboale 06-14-2006 08:27 PM

eh, not really... but they will most likely have be have to be members to be interviewed etc. I will also ask them to go either first or last and keep the content as YT relative as possible, but the more the merrier!

bryan 06-15-2006 06:33 PM

Hey everyone I haven't been on YT for a while so this is the first I've heard of this. Is it OK to post this on NVVJC.org. I know it has jeep in the name but their are a few toys on that site that are real nice. Mine is stock so I am not sure about the run, but I am all about the food. Let me know if their is anything I can do to help. Bryan

Albuquerque Jim 06-15-2006 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by bryan
Hey everyone I haven't been on YT for a while so this is the first I've heard of this. Is it OK to post this on NVVJC.org. I know it has jeep in the name but their are a few toys on that site that are real nice. Mine is stock so I am not sure about the run, but I am all about the food. Let me know if their is anything I can do to help. Bryan

Yeah, spread the word. SteveO and/or I will post more details as the time approaches.

Davidtacoma 06-16-2006 05:00 AM

I'm in......

I say the best trail to run would be Middle Rock in Cimirron Mesa.... I can lead it. The trail will push the limits of the IFS folks, and at the same time will be a challange for the bigger rigs...

You can also get there the 1st day... set up camp hang out interview..... run a quick night run, and then the following morning hit the trail...

Socorro would be good to, as there are lots of different trails form mild to wild here's pics from 2 different trails we ran this weekend http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~offroad/image...-Squeeze-Jake/

Tank trap would be OK.... but i am still not too sure on the whole legal issues out there.... some says it illegal, and other say it not....

-David

SteveO 06-16-2006 06:25 AM

Hey Dave, got any pics of the Cimirron Mesa. Could the IFS guys get through with out breaking some good spotting?

Davidtacoma 06-16-2006 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by SteveO
Hey Dave, got any pics of the Cimirron Mesa. Could the IFS guys get through with out breaking some good spotting?

I'll look.... depends on the driver....a honestly believe an IFS truck can make it, if it locked in the rear and 33's at least... but the better have protection...AKW sliders. An IFS locked front and rear with 35s should do fine.... It will be a challange for them, and like always bring spare parts. I know some of the TTORA guys could run it IFS for sure, because i know they know how to wheel IFS....such as Brian and Adam.....

We had a toy SFA on 33's and locked only the rear, and he struggled, but made it through.... only ripping a vaulve stem off.... So i think IFS would be fine.. just take your time

-David