Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/ Pardoe trail new date due to snow.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Squaw Ridge/ Pardoe trail new date due to snow.

Due to snow blocking the rout to the trail. We have had to postpone the dates to the weekend of the 17th of July.

Its a Beautiful trail with 15 miles of high alpine scenery. If you are in NORCAL, come join me a some other members for a great weekend.

If you missed the last thread here is a link to the 17 page discussion.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/...norcal-200485/
Old 06-15-2010, 09:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I wont be able to meet up at the dam of Bear Rez. on that friday. the official meet up spot will be just after the dam on the right side at 9am. If some members want to meet me at Safe Way in Pollock Pines at 8am., to fallow me to the trail head that will be fine. Just make sure your at the Safe Way parking lot before 8am.

Coming up hwy 50, Pollock Pines will be the last place we can fuel up. If your coming from 88 make sure to top off in Jackson.

See you all there and dont hesitate to ask questions.

link to the official meet location
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=19
Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are all the responces. Everyone needs to make this trip happen. I want to see more yes posts.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:56 PM

I would love to post yes right now but we have a ton of crap happening here. If I take this out of state job I am screwed. I will either be stuck in Idaho or Wyoming for 6+ months so pray that I find a dang job closer to home
Old 06-26-2010, 06:05 AM

Alright, I cant take the pressure! I'm caving... I'm in!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:34 AM

That's right. Peer pressure in action people. Now when are the rest of you sissies going to say yes? Don't wuss out and just say yes.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:12 PM

I REALLY want to go!

So far I have been saying no to everyone regarding this trip, but it looks like I MAY not be as tight on funds as I thought. Around the first of the month I'll see how my pocket change is doing and be able to make a decision. This will be the 2nd or THIRD time maybe that I have missed Squaw Ridge and I REALLY hate that. Besides, there are some people going that I am EXTREMELY interested in meeting in person. (B4 if you don't go I'll kill you *glares*) I'll have to get back to you alls on this KK. For now adios. I'll try to get on flashchat more. C'yas.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 PM

Runner ready to go im ready to go economy sucks

Well if there is any one with room on this trip and wants a partner im ready to go. As for my runner this has nothing to do with the overheating issue from the last trip. As in the heading this BS economy has reared its ugly head at me with a layoff notice that i got this week. Would like to run the runner but chewed my old tires last year on this run and can not afford to chew up another old set although would be nice to get new rubber for off road traction.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 AM

That sucks Snow. My dad is facing a layoff as well. The company that picked him up to keep him from going else where is nearing financial ruin just like my dad did so now he is worried about the layoff as well. I applied to 4 jobs last week and go no replies.. this sucks.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:46 AM

Ya im looking into what I can do but looks very hopeless the only good part is I get to go back onto the sub-list after 4 years yahoo going from school to school. So it means I might still make ok money with out the benefits cough cough BS. So there goes all my vacation pay to straight pay out which is 100+ hours
and bye bye sick leave dont see any of that 193 hours.

OOPS FORGOT USING SHAGGY'S COMP TO POST THIS O WELL!

Last edited by shaggy-trash; 06-27-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:59 AM

Now ill report why im on his comp. I went Disc golfing at 7am then Shaggy and I were to go down the street to work on a 84 benz and see about getting it running but he is sleeping. So while I wait for my truck to cool down so I can start installing part of my new temp sensor for my after market temp gauge thought I would hop on here to see whats new. This might get me to start my build thread very slow build.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by MoonChild
So far I have been saying no to everyone regarding this trip, but it looks like I MAY not be as tight on funds as I thought. Around the first of the month I'll see how my pocket change is doing and be able to make a decision. This will be the 2nd or THIRD time maybe that I have missed Squaw Ridge and I REALLY hate that. Besides, there are some people going that I am EXTREMELY interested in meeting in person. (B4 if you don't go I'll kill you *glares*) I'll have to get back to you alls on this KK. For now adios. I'll try to get on flashchat more. C'yas.
Just load up on top ramen. For like $2 you could have food for the whole trip taken care of. Doesn't cost much to sleep in a tent.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:29 PM

hey you guys seem to like my chairs and we have been talking about getting some new ones but couldn't find them anymore. well like everything the original company sold out. I finally found them again but there is a catch. I bought mine at Kmart for $30 3 years ago. cabelas added a spot to hold a soda and sells them for $60 lol neatless to say i am keeping my chairs but here is a link
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...148&hasJS=true
Old 06-28-2010, 12:04 AM

I really hope more people chime in here about going. Still super stoked about the trip. For you guys that are lacking funds, I'll try to bring some extra food supplies along so hopefully that helps you out. It would be great to see you out there Moon, and same with you B4! I'll haul you out there myself if I have to!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:08 AM

dude if i come across my old discs i will set them aside for you. I have like $100-$150 in discs lol. I lost interest pretty fast. I like my nike clubs way better

Wish i knew what was happening in the next few weeks. I could get the call tomorrow and be on the road to Wyoming or Idaho 10 hours a day 6 days a week. $390-$600 a week in perdeum. Great Job for a single person but sucks donkey butt to leave the family
Old 06-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by stockwell45
I really hope more people chime in here about going. Still super stoked about the trip. For you guys that are lacking funds, I'll try to bring some extra food supplies along so hopefully that helps you out. It would be great to see you out there Moon, and same with you B4! I'll haul you out there myself if I have to!
HAHA, thanx for the offer stockwell. I'm fairly certain I'll be alright as long as it's just the two days. My biggest issue is between my two jobs the people in charge seem to have barely passed the "third grade". Every time I take time off, for some reason, both jobs seem to like to throw my written availability out the window and act like they can't read (much less write) a schedule that effectively works for everyone. Not to mention, it seems like whenever ANYONE at Red Robin takes time off they have a habit of significantly CUTTING your hours when you come back. I suppose that's part of the BS you have to put up with when working in customer service, so it makes me EXTREMELY nervous to ever take time off. The only thing really pushing me to go on this trip is I DO NOT want to miss Squaw Ridge again. Besides we still have drinking games to play out there in the bush .
Old 06-28-2010, 08:40 PM

Looks like im back in the game got my job back. So now with what time I have left I have to finish my after market temp gauge set up and take a test run. Yesterday I put in the sensor and making sure that there is no leaks so far so good.

Originally Posted by John101477
dude if i come across my old discs i will set them aside for you. I have like $100-$150 in discs lol. I lost interest pretty fast. I like my nike clubs way better
Got my interest especially if you have old plastic if you played back in the 90's. Just wishful thinking.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by MoonChild
HAHA, thanx for the offer stockwell. I'm fairly certain I'll be alright as long as it's just the two days. My biggest issue is between my two jobs the people in charge seem to have barely passed the "third grade". Every time I take time off, for some reason, both jobs seem to like to throw my written availability out the window and act like they can't read (much less write) a schedule that effectively works for everyone. Not to mention, it seems like whenever ANYONE at Red Robin takes time off they have a habit of significantly CUTTING your hours when you come back. I suppose that's part of the BS you have to put up with when working in customer service, so it makes me EXTREMELY nervous to ever take time off. The only thing really pushing me to go on this trip is I DO NOT want to miss Squaw Ridge again. Besides we still have drinking games to play out there in the bush .
Just don't bring that nasty crap you had last time. Ughhh Get some Captain or tequila or jack. None of that foo foo crap. I felt like throwing up with each shot. I might have to bring some of my own to contribute.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by chrismcdowell25
I might have to bring some of my own to contribute.
Same here! things are gonna get interesting
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
date looks good for me. trucks running good , just finished the rear axle seals and bearings . its all good right now.

Quick Reply: Squaw Ridge/ Pardoe trail new date due to snow.