Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

San Diego/ So CA wheeling shooting camping

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, and it's about $450 from Total Chaos or Camburg for a brand-new one.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by spaugh
Mike, I'm contemplating how to deal with the stock truck factor. I think we may go for a few hours and join up with my buddies around 1 or 2 and spend the rest of the day BSing with them. It will all work out.
I'm not really stressing it, but i think that you'd like this trail, I'm also just down to ˟˟˟˟ around over in inkopah.
Mike
Old 01-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tanto
Was replacing the boot and when I went to put it back together something's turned out to be f'd up in the inner end and it'll hardly move. Can't even bend it enough to fit into the spindle.
If you haven't already, you should post up an see if anyone else has had this problem. Are you sure you didn't just put it back together all funky? And was this a problem that could be due to something from the "factory" (possibly replaceable by TC, etc.)?

As far as the trip goes, I'm in Albuquerque, NM for work. I also don't have any guns (yet).
Old 01-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Contributing Member

I'd like to answer your question, but i don't want to clutter up Brad's thread.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:24 PM

gonna have to say "its a neagtive" on this trip for me... just got the body lift from 4crawler ..and putting it in this weekend. thnaks tho
Old 01-31-2007, 09:37 AM

So brad still on? this weather should make the trails a little bit more fun. i'm definatly on for this.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Contributing Member

^ on like donkey kong.

I've got a truck full of fire wood, a can of gas, a huge cooler full of refreshments, all my stuff is ready to go.

Today is supposed to be the last day of the rain. I suspect it will be real nice out there.

Its gonna be a full moon which makes seeing at night easy and night rides more plausable.

Looks like its just me and 3 others plus you mike.

Hopefully you decide to camp out. I got some really good maps and I think I can take you on some trails you have never been on that are quite difficult right near the vicinity originally planned.

Can you bring a CB this time?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:13 PM

Can you bring a CB this time?[/QUOTE]

I'll have to hook her up and see if she works first but yeah. camping sat night correct? i'm there for sure.
Mike
Old 01-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member

I'll have a small webber charcoal grill that we can all use, but you are on your own for food and beer.

Prabably gonna be windy and cold in the mountains at night.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:41 PM

The very best camping spot is at the very end of the trail. We used to call it the cul de sac Afraid I still won't be able to make it though
Old 01-31-2007, 06:13 PM

installing a sink this weekend, and some other stuff like a whip antenna, etc.

next time guys!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ain't making it Brad. Have fun out there and be sure to take some pics.

I've decided on a hybrid bumper and will be starting it soon. By the time you get the bender I should be ready for the top hoop.

Laters
Old 01-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

Hey steve, I have an arial photo, can you take a look and tell me where the col de sac is? I have labeled where I think it might be, but not sure. I think there are more trails than people think.

The green is where I have been, the yellow is where I have also been, as you can see there is another trail coming from the west that goes up to valley of the moon, but that is where I could not get through with my runner stock. VERY difficult, but I have seen some jeeps get through. I am interested in the spot that is south east of elliot mine, I know there is a jeep trail there from other topos, but I don't think I have made it there yet.

I'm thinking of hiking to see the smuggler cave and riders cabin. The green trail is the one that comes from the inkopah exit.

Last edited by spaugh; 01-31-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Contributing Member

Old 01-31-2007, 08:29 PM

Hey guys! Sorry I wont be cruising down this weekend, got work on saturday now... Next time! Be Safe!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:53 AM

Hey steve, I have an arial photo, can you take a look and tell me where the col de sac is? I have labeled where I think it might be, but not sure. I think there are more trails than people think.

The green is where I have been, the yellow is where I have also been, as you can see there is another trail coming from the west that goes up to valley of the moon, but that is where I could not get through with my runner stock. VERY difficult, but I have seen some jeeps get through. I am interested in the spot that is south east of elliot mine, I know there is a jeep trail there from other topos, but I don't think I have made it there yet.

I'm thinking of hiking to see the smuggler cave and riders cabin. The green trail is the one that comes from the inkopah exit.
Err? It's hard to tell based on the aerial pic but if I had to guess I would just say that it's at the end of the green trail but I don't remember any mine. We merely caled it the cul de sac because it was the end of the road. It has rocky hills all around it for a little shelter from the wind and nobody can camp near you. When I get home I'll look through my albums to see if I have any pics that would help. Sorry that I've opened my trap without the specifics to back it up.

Edit: if the mine on the map is the top of the mountain where the three or four mine shaft holes are then I'd draw my own fork in the road just prior to the mines which would veer slightly left or east? and drive to the end of that trail. Totaly confused yet?????????

Last edited by GREEN4SKIN'R; 02-01-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:18 AM

WOW...there are a lot more trail on that side than i thought! Cant wait to get out there and check it out!
sweet.
Mike
Old 02-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member

Mike, I think getting to all the trails on that arial photo plus shooting will keep us busy for more than a full day, so I think we should do that and then I'll plan another trip to the north side to do table mountain in a month or so.
See you SAT!
Old 02-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by GREEN4SKIN'R
Err? It's hard to tell based on the aerial pic but if I had to guess I would just say that it's at the end of the green trail but I don't remember any mine. We merely caled it the cul de sac because it was the end of the road. It has rocky hills all around it for a little shelter from the wind and nobody can camp near you. When I get home I'll look through my albums to see if I have any pics that would help. Sorry that I've opened my trap without the specifics to back it up.

Edit: if the mine on the map is the top of the mountain where the three or four mine shaft holes are then I'd draw my own fork in the road just prior to the mines which would veer slightly left or east? and drive to the end of that trail. Totaly confused yet?????????
Steve no worries, I just wondered if you had been past the mine. If you head east before the mines then go souther there is a whole other valley that opens up I think. I have a topo with a "jeep trail" on there and at the very end of that which is another mile or so there is what appears to be a loop or cul de sac. I keep going back to this place because every time I go I find new trails. So I want to get to all of them, map it out, and know it like the back of my hand. See you in a month at truckhaven
Old 02-01-2007, 12:53 PM

Mike, I think getting to all the trails on that arial photo plus shooting will keep us busy for more than a full day, so I think we should do that and then I'll plan another trip to the north side to do table mountain in a month or so.
See you SAT!
agree 100% where we meeting by the way? at the entrance, up in the valley, carls jr in Alpine?
or you want me to give you a call?

oh yeah looks like 1 friend and I just in my truck, i'll try the cb out tonight, if it works we'll have to use a LOw channel as i havnt caalibrated my swr, its fine up to about ch 19
Mike

Quick Reply: San Diego/ So CA wheeling shooting camping