Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

San Diego Crew: Carvacre and pos. Corral Canyon 18Mar

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drafn
hello all im new to the group and have been dieing to take my truck off road and see what it can do. so i was wondering if you guys think an 04 tacome prerunner TRD with BFG A/Ts would be able to handle the trails with you guys. its 2wd but has the E-locker. see my post in the newb part for pics
Hey good to have you around. As much as I would like to see new people out on the trails with this group, this may not be the run to take a 2wd rig. The locker does add tons of capability but in some situations the front tires need to be helping out also.

The desert stuff would be okay but not this type of wheeling. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to see if someone can take a pasenger so you can see what it is all about. That way you don't get out there and either damage the truck or have to turn around. Sometimes it is fun to ride along and see other people beet on thier rides anyway.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Contributing Member

What about the loop we did last year after the Smuggler's Run? I remember that being kinda challenging but only because I had to dodge rocks because of how low I was....
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by spaugh
Marc, that would be unthinkable. If you can make it past the first 100 yards of the trail, you are in the clear. I saw a thing on TV the other night showing how a locked 2wd was better off than 4x. It's science
Old 03-14-2007, 10:00 AM

if you guys think i can make Corral Canyon and if someone does not mind pulling me if needed. would you guys mind doing it first so i can meet peps and test out what my rig can do. then you guys can go play at Carvacre
Old 03-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Contributing Member

I actually would not mind the Corral Canyon thing at all. If we have to give a tug or 2 or even 3 it would not be the first or last time. Hell I towed a rig for over 20 miles of trails once with my 4Runner.

That is totally doable in my opinion.

Oh for the love of God.... I just read your profile drafn. An HM? You fickin Docs! LOL. My wife is an HM also.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:18 PM
7wt

Eric,

Just checking in for the first time in a long time. I would love to make it but I have prior obligations. Do you plan on doing another to Corral Canyon soon, say in about three weeks or so? If not, maybe we can put something together? (side note) Did ya ever get those coils in?

Jarrett
Old 03-14-2007, 10:26 PM

lol i c you have not read my intro post i work with your wife lol she told me about the site
Old 03-15-2007, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by drafn
lol i c you have not read my intro post i work with your wife lol she told me about the site
Ah, so HE'S the "friend" at work. Watch him like a hawk Eric!

Originally Posted by Tanto
I remember that being kinda challenging but only because I had to dodge rocks because of how low I was....
Remember to park facing up or down hill this time, not perpendicular to the slope!
Old 03-15-2007, 06:33 AM

SSSSHHHH.........dont want my wife to know that they have my son ....... great know he knows too
Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

So funny. I will have to look that up. Good to have you here. This is a great site.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

eric, did you decide which day its going to be? Since you are an early riser, I will have to plan my Friday or Saturday night accordingly.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:26 PM

if ya do Corral Canyon im up for sunday. will just have to meet someone some place to show me the way
Old 03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

Sunday it is guys!

Just works out better that way. If this is not the best timing for everyone, I think we still have a few weeks to a month before it gets crazy hot out there and can always do a Sat run also ASAP.

Meeting place is the Alpine Carl's Jr (just off the I-8 at Tavern Rd Exit).

Meeting time is 8am.

From there we will go to Corral Canyon and see what it has for us after the Horse Fires. This is the first Yotatech crew trip there since reopening so it is sort of a gamble since there is not that much info out there yet.

After doing what we can at CC we will head back West on the 8 to the Tavern Rd exit again and do Carvacre.

As with any San Diego Crew run family and friends are welcome, no drinking on the trails and we will be Treading Lightly! No off trail excursions. It is the only way we wheel and the only way to keep the trails we still have open for our use.

Mr Anthony, You are welcome to give it a shot with the TRD Prerunner for CC and if you would like you are welcome to ride shotgun with me for Carvacre. It is completely up to you. We will just tuck you into the middle of the group and see how it goes.

Please bring Digital Cameras for pics while we are out there.

I will also put the meeting/time info onthe first posting in this thread.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 7wt
Eric,

Just checking in for the first time in a long time. I would love to make it but I have prior obligations. Do you plan on doing another to Corral Canyon soon, say in about three weeks or so? If not, maybe we can put something together? (side note) Did ya ever get those coils in?

Jarrett
Jarrett
Hows it going? No still have my worn out Saws under the front. Still have not decided for sure what I want to do yet. Too bad you cannot make this one.

Good to hear from you!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

It depends how much I get done on Sat morning. I am going to re-do my front springs......can I use your jack and stands?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

But of course you can. Need any help. You know Me likes to wrench. The only thing I may do to mine is wire that TRAC/VSC/ABS switch. THat way I can play in 2wd also. Should be really easy.

Did you find the parts for rear links? I was gonna say did you find your nuts for your rear end but then that would sound stupid. Nothing new there!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Contributing Member

I am going to make a run to Harbor Freight for some cutoff wheels early Sat....then I will make some noise for the quiet neighbors to enjoy.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Contributing Member

Don't forget pitures! I need to stop by the collision center and see if my truck is scattered all over the shop yet or not.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:08 PM

thanks for the invite on the ride along eric but since i will be bringing my wife and little one i will probly just do CC
Old 03-16-2007, 02:04 PM

hey guys, i'd really like to go on sunday if you think i will be ok. i lifted the truck and got some sway bar disco's. i just dont have sliders.

i still have to see if my girlfriend has plans for this weekend.

Quick Reply: San Diego Crew: Carvacre and pos. Corral Canyon 18Mar