Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

San Diego Anza Borrego Yota Jambo 3/19-3/21

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikey, Id like to see your daughter sleeping in her car seat on that one!

Last edited by Phalanx; 03-07-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:46 PM

Whats the weather gonna be like? anyideas? Cold? Rainy? Remember I live in the desert.. anything below 50 is cold to me.. heheh
Old 03-07-2004, 08:49 PM

Current Ocotillo Temp
Old 03-08-2004, 05:13 PM

she was awake for that but i think i closed my eyes. i was scared s*&tless. the part they dont show is about ten feet in front of where those rigs are is a wall that is straight up in front of you so not only do you go over that but if you noticed everyone is turning left so they dont hit the wall. if you did flip you be doing a nose stand and your rear end would hit the wall so you would be standing there for a while. any takers?
Old 03-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by wifesaysimadumbass
she was awake for that but i think i closed my eyes. i was scared s*&tless. the part they dont show is about ten feet in front of where those rigs are is a wall that is straight up in front of you so not only do you go over that but if you noticed everyone is turning left so they dont hit the wall. if you did flip you be doing a nose stand and your rear end would hit the wall so you would be standing there for a while. any takers?

I'm crazy but not that crazy I think I'll just go around that sucker!!! shoot....
Old 03-08-2004, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by rondo221
Whats the weather gonna be like? anyideas? Cold? Rainy? Remember I live in the desert..
And you're going to a desert. Just sleep in your truck, last Oct. I needed the windows down.
Josh your link didn't work for me.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Contributing Member

I will also be crashing in my truck. When going camping by yourself there is no better place. Last time we were out there we got lucky and had a hot homeade breakfast put on by the local fire dept.

Make sure you bring plenty of water.

Rob you dont see the temp guage??
Old 03-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

well i was really hoping to be able to make this trip, but it doesn't look like it'll work out. just got too much going on with school and everthing else. i do hope to able to make the hammers event in april tho. so have fun guys.

also, i recenly sold my waag brush guard to someone who will be attending this trip. i was hoping to meet him down there with it and forget the whole shipping headache. well not that i'm not going, would anyone around LA who's going be able to drive it down there? that'd sure help out a lot...
Old 03-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by calrockx
well i was really hoping to be able to make this trip, but it doesn't look like it'll work out. just got too much going on with school and everthing else. i do hope to able to make the hammers event in april tho. so have fun guys.

also, i recenly sold my waag brush guard to someone who will be attending this trip. i was hoping to meet him down there with it and forget the whole shipping headache. well not that i'm not going, would anyone around LA who's going be able to drive it down there? that'd sure help out a lot...
Right now we look to be making it Charles. I would not mind taking it, but make sure you have a back-up plan in case we have to develop a last minute exit strategy...
Old 03-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

How bulky is the item? I might have some room to store it as I drive down. Who is the guard for anyway? Is he going for sure? Just making sure. Hit me up w/ some more info so I can figure out what to do. If it all works out, you'll have to drop it off at my place out in the 909 (yeah i know.... it's the 909) during the weekend.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:58 PM

Unhappy

Awww man Thats a shame!! I was hoping to check out your rig in person I'll Keep an eye out for more Cali trips and see if I can make any of those..

By the Way.. Im the one who purchased Calrockx's Brush Guard.. (I appreciate you trying alternative methods to get it to me, thank you Calrockx)
Im still attending.. and looking forward to it.. If anyone can help me out by taking this thing to the "Anza Borrego Jam" I'd realy appreciate it... also tell me what kinda suds ya like
Old 03-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

it's a bulky one guys...36x31x15. i'll gladly drive to wherever i need to to get this thing to ronn.
sorry i can't make it man. i hate missing it, but it's just not gonna work out. don't forget about the hammers trip next month, that should be fun.

Last edited by calrockx; 03-09-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:46 PM

it's a bulky one guys...36x31x15. i'll gladly drive to wherever i need to to get this thing to ronn.
sorry i can't make it man. i hate missing it, but it's just not gonna work out. don't forget about the hammers trip next month, that should be fun.
Yeah.. sorry to hear about your rig, cv joint huh?
Old 03-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rondo221
Yeah.. sorry to hear about your rig, cv joint huh?
yeah, it's a bummer. i hope to have things fixed in a week or so, but we'll see.
btw, skyrat can most likely haul the waag down there, but if not i'll need a backup just in case.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:16 PM

SO what trails are you guys planning on hitting up on Saturday?? I just might be able to go that weeekend and wondering when and where to meet on Saturday. Let me know!
Old 03-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Contributing Member

Do we need to make reservations for camping in AB? I remember a bit of a hassle with Pismo camping and not reserving spots.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by DubCab73
SO what trails are you guys planning on hitting up on Saturday?? I just might be able to go that weeekend and wondering when and where to meet on Saturday. Let me know!
Are you gonna be there early on Sat? Can you make it by Fri night? We'll be camping somewhere between the ranger station and Blosand hill. I can't really say for sure because it's first come first served. I'm gonna try and get out there by Fri afternoon. I'll be on cb channel 4 if you want to try and contact us that way once you're close.
I think our plans for sat are to hit Pumpkin patch, cross over trail (maybe,as long as it's not washboard), calcite mine and end up in truckhaven area late in the day.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:06 PM

Wink

Ok 1 week away and everythings coming together. got my 1/2 day off for friday the 19th. Got my travel atlas and I have a pretty good idea how to get there. Been looking at all your guy's galleries from previous trips and Im getting Amped about going, meeting all of ya and checking out your rigs. we'll probably get there late Friday night... I plan to try and look for you guys at night but I doubt I'd really be able to find you.. so kinda keep a look out for me too k? I'll be in the 3rd gen DDP with the Coolio Hood scoop.. hehe I'll see if we can install my cousin's cb on a temp basis.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member

Hopefully Rob can get there early enough to score a good site. I am still thinking I will be coming early sat morning, but I have not decided yet for sure.

For those coming sat morning please be there by 9. We will need all the time we can to cover the ground we have planned.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:02 AM

Unfortunately guys it looks like I may not be able to attend. I was hoping to get my gears/locker in this week but 3 midterms spoiled those hopes and I am going to be snowboarding in Tahoe all this week. There is a possiblity that I can make it out there Saturday with my buddy in his truck...... Can one of you guys there are going to be there email me your cell # so if I do go out Saturday morning I can find out where you guys are camping at (I wont be checking this thread - I will be out of contact untill late Friday night). Nolan. nolanlh@cox.net

Quick Reply: San Diego Anza Borrego Yota Jambo 3/19-3/21