YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   San Diego Anza Borrego Yota Jambo 3/19-3/21 (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/san-diego-anza-borrego-yota-jambo-3-19-3-21-a-26950/)

Marc P 02-17-2004 07:54 PM

San Diego Anza Borrego Yota Jambo 3/19-3/21

Looks like we will make Ocotillo Wells our base camp. I have done many of the trails in that area, but I am sure there are others I have not done--like the slot, truckhaven, pumkinpatch, and others. I am going to try to get my friend to join us--he lives in Ocotillo and owns a very built 85 runner. I will help plan this, but I will not be there until early Sat morning.

I would like some input on what kind of terrain we should go for, and how many people are going.

Time is flying by and I want this to be a fun trip, so help me out. :smokin:

calrockx 02-17-2004 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Marc P
Looks like we will make Ocotillo Wells our base camp. I have done many of the trails in that area, but I am sure there are others I have not done--like the slot, truckhaven, pumkinpatch, and others. I am going to try to get my friend to join us--he lives in Ocotillo and owns a very built 85 runner. I will help plan this, but I will not be there until early Sat morning.

I would like some input on what kind of terrain we should go for, and how many people are going.

this sounds like it's gonna be a rad trip. can't wait.

i'm down for anything, i'm hoping for some challenging trails. but let's try to mix it up a little so everyone can at least have a good time.

Biff 02-17-2004 08:16 PM

Marc

Is 2wd welcome?

Marc P 02-17-2004 08:21 PM

There are tons of things you can do there in 2wd. The main run on Sat will probably be geared more for 4wd, but you should still come out. Maybe there will be a 2wd run if there are a few of you.

Darx 02-17-2004 08:31 PM

I'm hoping I can make this trip. I need to get some camping gear and stuff though so we'll see how it goes.

I guess I'm a maybe at this point due to work. As the date gets closer, than it already is!, I'll know more. Company mergers are fun!

Good Times 02-17-2004 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Biff
Marc

Is 2wd welcome?

Even if there really isn't a 2wd friendly trail that we run, you can always jump in one of the other trucks for the trail ride thru!

But I suspect we'll have a pretty good turn out to make a prerunner run for those that don't want to see too much crazy stuff :banger:

Scottiac 02-17-2004 09:07 PM

I'll come on down from Sacramento! I'll have a "lightly modded" 4rnr by then, but I'm fairly new to this stuff.

4wd rear e-locked, and armored... only real weak spot is the loose nut behind the wheel! :hillbill:

So if there is some easy-ish 4wd stuff, that'd be great for me... but y'all can just point me in the right direction and that'll be cool by me. I do want to watch some of the craaaazy people at least a time or two though! :D

Bob_98SR5 02-17-2004 09:23 PM

Guys,

Yeah, I think I can schedule this trip in. And camping too? Excellent!

Cool, meeting new people too. Hey Scottiac, on your way down, drag some of the other No Californians down too. :)

Bob

Darx 02-17-2004 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scottiac
I'll come on down from Sacramento! I'll have a "lightly modded" 4rnr by then, but I'm fairly new to this stuff.

4wd rear e-locked, and armored... only real weak spot is the loose nut behind the wheel! :hillbill:

So if there is some easy-ish 4wd stuff, that'd be great for me... but y'all can just point me in the right direction and that'll be cool by me. I do want to watch some of the craaaazy people at least a time or two though! :D

You wont be alone in the n00b dept. If I can make it I'll be one too. I've only ever made one run with these guys at Carveacre and had fun. They wont steer you wrong for some good wheelin' that's for sure. Just be ready to honk your horn a lot on accident. :D

SkyRat 02-18-2004 07:05 AM

We are looking forward to this weekend!
Looks good for us to make it. I would like to see runs that are moderately challenging. I have sliders, but no lockers and (so far) stock tires.
I WILL NOT be doing the Squeeze! hehehehe

RobT2k 02-18-2004 08:50 AM

Yeah, what is it with noobs and honking their horn? Everytime I take a newbie up to Carvacre, they're constantly honking the horn over obstacles. Makes me want to get out of the way while spotting them, like they're out of control or something.

Good Times 02-18-2004 08:58 AM

So if I start honking like crazy u'd run like hell /?!?!?! hahahaha

guess I'm gonna have to try that eh!

Nolan 02-18-2004 09:07 AM

I think I will have to make this run. My diff with 4.88's and ARB locker is in the mail as we speak. I am sure I can have it installed and running by then. Problem is that I will be snowboarding in Tahoe from March 13th-19th. If I came it would be the same as Marc, early on Saturday morning.

RobT2k 02-18-2004 11:51 AM

Who's gonna be able to make it out there on Fri? I'm only gonna be able to stay Fri & Sat, so I'd like to do a couple runs on Fri also. Nothing major, just some stuff close to camp, and a night run also-probably Blosand at night.

Marc P 02-18-2004 06:17 PM

Looks like we will have a good turnout. Do you guys want to camp in the same area as the last trip out there? Near Blow Sand hill? I would like to come out Fri night, but I probably wouldnt get there until 9pm or so. I will be there by 9 am Sat.

For anyone interested I would like to plan a meeting before the trip to plan a good run for Sat. I have maps, books, etc. I am not sure when yet, but we do need a plan.

Good Times 02-18-2004 08:13 PM

Looks like we will have a good turnout. Do you guys want to camp in the same area as the last trip out there? Near Blow Sand hill? I would like to come out Fri night, but I probably wouldnt get there until 9pm or so. I will be there by 9 am Sat.

For anyone interested I would like to plan a meeting before the trip to plan a good run for Sat. I have maps, books, etc. I am not sure when yet, but we do need a plan.

I'll camp anywhere that will accomodate a clean facility as I'm gonna try and bring my better half :) Figure she has the right to know what I do with all my hard earned $$ that I don't spend on her :con:

So as long as we have some toilets n stuff for her I think we should be okay :) If not, I got the good ol shovel that she can use!

I'll be heading out right after work around 7pmish so I'm not sure what time I"ll get down there but I figure around 10-11pmish? Not sure. Maybe I can meet some other LA guys and meet somewhere so we can 4runner-van down :bigok:

RobT2k 02-18-2004 08:15 PM

Do you guys want to camp in the same area as the last trip out there? Near Blow Sand hill? I would like to come out Fri night, but I probably wouldnt get there until 9pm or so.

I don't mind that area for a base camp. You should come out Fri night, we'll be up late, runnin' Blosand. Are you bringing anyone, what about your friend from last trip? I got a job now you know?? ;)

Marc P 02-18-2004 08:36 PM

Great I can make more failed attempts at blowsand :chair:
I will try to come out Friday night, but I will be pretty late. I will probably come on my own--my friend Eric that came last time will be having a baby around that time so he will not go.
Hopefully Steve and his gf will come. I also have invited Tom, the guy who has the house next to where we air up.

SkyRat 02-19-2004 07:37 AM

Unfortunately I will work til about midnight on Friday. I cannot get there until late morning on Saturday. I will leave around 5am on Saturday and will arrive asap (probably around 10am) since I am coming from the San Fernando Valley.
BTW what would be my best route from the Granada Hills/Northridge area??

Roadtripr 02-19-2004 06:33 PM

Hi
I might be able to join you guys Saturday.
Rob, I will use my horn to get you out of the way!
(or maybe I am just clumsy noob)! :baby:
Carsten