Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Co4rj - 2008

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AxleIke
I may run Grizzly instead on Saturday.

No way you are getting me near a raft.
That sounds good.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm up for Tin Cup, Mount Antero(since we were denied by snow this weekend) and one other. I will be going on the raft trip and then leaving from there to do Antero or something in that area off of 162. It'll be a busy day but fun as hell. Now if I could just convince the wife to get in sit down hang on and SHUT UP! I'll be ok on the wheeling part (she's a worry wart) Oh wait we need a photographer!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:11 AM

Iron Chest for sure.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:13 AM

I'm down for whatever trails everyone chooses. The only trail that is a must for me is Holy Cross.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:27 AM

Hopefully I will be able to make it!
I'm up for any moderate trails(I've never run any up in BV), as I am still open/open, with stock gears(Maybe I can get my dual transmissions in by then).
Old 06-25-2008, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by cubuff4runner
I'm down for whatever trails everyone chooses. The only trail that is a must for me is Holy Cross.
Same here actually. I've talked about running Holy Cross for several years. Looks like I'll finally get my chance.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 AM

I think I will be able to make it for the weekend. I already have the time off from work! I could meet up with you guys at Holy cross, then head down to BV.

I was looking at the trail runs and thought of a couple things.

First, Holy cross is going to be a 2-3 hour drive each way from BV, so I don't know if there be time do a night run afterwards. I also bet some peope will be setting up camp Friday night.

Second, Depending how many people want to run Canage (I'm only guessing a few), we could run Chinaman's Saturday morning and the hardcore guys could run Carnage Saturday evening afterwards.

Then that would leave Iron Chest for Sunday, and time to pack up, etc.

That's just my input, I'm not trying to tell you what to do.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:28 AM

Right on!!!

I though Holy Cross was about 60 miles away from BV? Should only take 1.5 hours to get there, right? I've never been to HC though.

About BV Carnage, there will only be 3-4 rigs that would be up for it (me, Cubuff4Runner, you, another guy from Marlin Crawler forum with a 4Runner). I don't know how much time it would take us to get through it. If we run Chinamans on Saturday morning, we will probably have a decent sized group run it. It would probably take us until late afternoon to get everyone off the trail. If we started BV Carnage after that, it might be pretty late getting out of Carnage (which I don't mind )
Old 06-27-2008, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Volcom
Right on!!!

I though Holy Cross was about 60 miles away from BV? Should only take 1.5 hours to get there, right? I've never been to HC though.

About BV Carnage, there will only be 3-4 rigs that would be up for it (me, Cubuff4Runner, you, another guy from Marlin Crawler forum with a 4Runner). I don't know how much time it would take us to get through it. If we run Chinamans on Saturday morning, we will probably have a decent sized group run it. It would probably take us until late afternoon to get everyone off the trail. If we started BV Carnage after that, it might be pretty late getting out of Carnage (which I don't mind )
You might be right about the milage, I didn't look at the exact number. Maybe it just sounds like a long trip .Every time I've run Holy cross it takes longer than I thought it would. There's also about 8 miles of nasty washboard road to get to the trailhead. It just sounded like a full day to me.

I don't mind if we start Carnage late, 3-4 built rigs can get through in decent time and we will be close to camp. If it get's too late we can drop the exit and run it backwards, that would only take an hour or two.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 AM

Here's a google map link from BV to Pando (basically Camp Hale). It's showing 51 miles plus the 8-9 miles of dirt road you were talking about so about 60 total. I was planning on trailering my 4Runner to BV and then just driving up to HC on Friday. I'm going to leave the truck on the trailer and tow it up to HC after seeing how far it is

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...03003&t=h&z=10

I like the idea of Chinamans early on Saturday and then a Carnage run after. Maybe some of the people that run Chinamans would like to come out and watch / take pictures of us running Carnage?

I'm getting pumped for this trip, should be a great time and some great rigs showing up.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Contributing Member

I like the idea of Chinamans early on Saturday and then a Carnage run after. Maybe some of the people that run Chinamans would like to come out and watch / take pictures of us running Carnage?
That sounds good to me too.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM

Here's a google map link from BV to Pando (basically Camp Hale). It's showing 51 miles plus the 8-9 miles of dirt road you were talking about so about 60 total. I was planning on trailering my 4Runner to BV and then just driving up to HC on Friday. I'm going to leave the truck on the trailer and tow it up to HC after seeing how far it is

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...03003&t=h&z=10

I'm getting pumped for this trip, should be a great time and some great rigs showing up.
You can get a tow rig and trailer all the way to the HC trail head but there's not much parking there. There is a bunch of small parking area's right before the trailhead, starting just after the long washboard straight away (I think around mile 6-7).

Sounds like it will be a fun trip!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by DIRTCO
Sounds like it will be a fun trip!
Yup, the entire weekend is going to rock

Camping and wheeling are two of my favorite things to do.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When we did HC last year, the dirt road was like buttah - they must have JUST graded it.

The COTTORA crew is planning on rafting Saturday morning. Maybe you all could do Carnage in the morning and then we could all meet up after for something more moderate?

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105021

Last edited by tc; 06-27-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Contributing Member

Here's the TTORA thread if anyone wants to sign up for rafting or see the camping areas.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=105021
Old 06-29-2008, 08:41 PM

Little over 1 month away

Should be a great group of guys/girls and rigs for the weekend

From Yotatech:
AxleIke (Holy Cross on Friday)
A-Davis (Holy Cross on Friday)
CUbuff4Runner (Holy Cross on Friday)
DIRTCO (Holy Cross on Friday)
mt_goat
poorboyota26 (Arriving Thursday night)
Red Chili
tc
Volcom (Arriving Thursday night, Holy Cross Friday)
luvmeye22re
4Runner202020
mwilliam13
Mayhem
ScottyC (Arriving Friday afternoon)
4runner Freak

From Marlin Crawler:
jarboarder1 (85xtracab riding along)
854RUN
COtoy91

From CoTTORA:
Mythica
MrDoug (Arriving Thursday night)
Prodigy
Mgoose82
QuickDraw
ike

From Colorado4x4:
TubeWerx (possible Friday HC run but most likely Sat/Sun)
EbayNiccum
jrvyota
sonofmayhem (maybe)
Snake (Saturday Carnage run)
Blackisis (Saturday Carnage run)
TearUmUpTim (needs to ask permission from his wife first)

I'll be updating this list as soon as I hear from people I PM'd, etc...

Last edited by Volcom; 07-08-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added ike, 4runnerFreak, TearUmUpTim
Old 06-29-2008, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun, I hope I can get my truck put together and get some tires on it in time to go. Would I be retarded to assume this is a dog friendly trip? I have two well behaved furry little girls that would love to go on a trip like that.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Luvmeye22re
This sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun, I hope I can get my truck put together and get some tires on it in time to go. Would I be retarded to assume this is a dog friendly trip? I have two well behaved furry little girls that would love to go on a trip like that.
Yup, dog friendly as long as your dogs get along with other dogs

Get that truck together, should be a time
Old 06-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Contributing Member

Yup, dog friendly as long as your dogs get along with other dogs
And doesn't pee on my tent.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by mt_goat
And doesn't pee on my tent.