Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

9 27 03 Greenwater pics thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
9 27 03 Greenwater pics thread

No, I don't have my pics up yet, I will have some posibly by tomorrow.
Very busy today, and don't have time to code the pics right now for a webpage, or compress them for viewing.

Just wanted to start a thread hee where everyone can post the pics.

Had a great time today, and the weather was somthing else.
It was nice to put faces with names today, and to meet Joey (UKMyers) who just got stationed over here from England.

No wild flying in the air today, Nissan Jim and Bill (Wrongway) did not make it on todays trip.

Lot of high class Toyotas were seen today, and it's obvious everyone takes great pride in their rigs.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish i could have come. but i had to work for 7 hours. gotta work again tomorrow, but not till the afternoon. hurry up you guys i wanna see these pics.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Page is up...

All the pics are up from me, still waiting on some from Trudie, Jim's (mytruck) wife.

I have not done my videos yet, and I will get to them later this week, and hopefully before next weekend.
Those take time

Right here
Old 09-27-2003, 06:23 PM

oh such purdy pictures! and all those white 2nd gens were both really nice!!! looks like it was really fun. makes me wish i was there.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
More pics!

WELCOME HOME JOEY MEYERS!

http://www.midiwall.com/4Runner/dirt...reenwater.html

WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Last edited by midiwall; 09-27-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Mark, checking our your pics right now, nice batch.
I'll update my page later with your username here
On my page I have everyone's names, and usernames here, except for Ducky's real name, I did not get it.

Also I did not get Kevins' sons name, or Joey's sisters name.
I'll need to update those too.

Looks like it's time for me to get a haircut again

I'll link your page on mine when I get mine all finished.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Corey
On my page I have everyone's names, and usernames here, except for Ducky's real name, I did not get it.
Yeup, I found those on your page (thanks!) and have since updated my page and edited the previous message.

Looks like it's time for me to get a haircut again

I'll link your page on mine when I get mine all finished.
!

Yeup, I'll add a link to yours as well.

Kickin'!
Old 09-27-2003, 07:31 PM

That was fun.. lol..

Anyone who didnt have plans should stayed...

Mike, Jowie, Mad Chemist, Jim, and I went exploring, had some nice views...

Looking forward to the next...

Midi.... Just call me Ducky.. everyone else does.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:04 PM

looks like fun. crazy about the bear thing. at first from looking at corey's pic i though maybe somebody had hit him with a car.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

One video is up.
Please right click this link and save it, then view it.

It is about 5.47 mb.
The vids that make up the presentation were all shot on the lowest quality setting of the camera, but after XPs Movie Maker gets done with it, it doesn't look half bad when played back at full screen.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member

My son and I had a great time today. I'm glad we were able to make the trip. It was a heck of a drive, but worth the time. That's some beautiful country up there.

I posted a few pictures from the run here. We stopped at the Moses Lake sand dunes on the way home and I took a few poser shots just before sunset.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:58 AM

GPS

Here's a GPS Route Pic...

Old 09-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Cool.
You can see where we entered FS 72, and then down the FS 70 way out to highway 410.

I had my GPS running, but not sure if it was making tracks or not.
I have not even loaded up my software yet to my new PC.
Gotta do that sometime.

Next time I get back up there, I want to do some more exploring of the side trails when you head up the 72 pass.

So much up there, not enough time...
Old 09-28-2003, 09:39 AM

Theres alot up here north by marysville, I want to explore to see if its good enough for runs....
Old 09-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Contributing Member

Nice pics guys but I need to clarify something. I WAS NOT stuck. I could still move and I got out under my own power When you can't move no more and you need another rig to get out that is my definition of being stuck. I just had a minor inconvienence that required 5 minutes and shovel......Was awesome to meet all of you finally. I made it back to Clarkston WA finally this morning. Looking forward to the next trip.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:46 PM
Contributing Member

Joey's right. He wasn't stuck. He just didn't have enough room to turn his rig. Besides, If you don't get to use your shovel, you're not having enough fun.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member

Ducky,

What kind of GPS and software do you use? I brought a Magellan Meridian Platinum with me and recorded the trip, but it didn't record it with nearly the detail yours did.

I'm just learning how to use the thing. I think I needed to adjust the frequency it was making track points. I had it on automatic.

I also havn't bought the "MapSend Topo" software that it uses, so I've been trying to convert between different file formats to get something useful. It hasn't worked very well. You'd think they could come up with a standard format for GPS information.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

True. Joey managed to get out of that tight spot with just a little bit of digging and wasn't ever in the position of not being able to move. With enough back and forth maneuvering (a 97 point turn perhaps?) he might have been able to avoid the digging. Good thing he didn't need help beyond a little shovel work because those piles of loose rock and gravel would have made it tough.

One of these days I'll get some sliders installed so I will be willing to give up the running boards on my rig. Then I won't have to worry about trashing them so I'll try the gravel pit myself.

It was good to get out, but after hearing more about the benefits of airing down even on forest roads, I can hear this hissing sound as my wallet is being deflated for an onboard air system.

Maybe since there are a couple of you (Joey, Kevin) in the Spokane area, you can put something together over there. I'll head over, and I'm sure others will, if the timing is right.

I'm more into exploring than seeing how big of a rock I can drive over, so it doesn't have to be hard core for me. Doesn't have to be mountains and forests either - sagebrush and rimrock is interesting too, although most of Washington's has given way to farms. In some ways I like the sagebrush country better since you can find tracks that just sort of wander around taking the path of least resistance because they were put in years ago starting with horses and wagons instead of with bulldozers for log trucks.

Alan
Old 09-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

How Cool Is That!

What a blast to hook up with all those 'Yota heads. Fun for the entire family..bring the kids and the dogs!
I really enjoy exploring the Greenwater area. It is made much more fun having such an excellent group to tag along with. Great laughs on the CB (can you hear me now? Good), etc.
You never know what you might see just around the next bend.
Beware, though. Mod fever can hit pretty hard after a run up there.

Jim
Old 09-28-2003, 08:06 PM

GPS

I have a Garmin GPS 76, and I use Garmin's MapSource with the Topo USA installed... It actually can be more detail, I could have zoomed in to see more detail about the path etc, but then I would have more images than one... or a very big jpeg... I didnt keep the tracks or I would have tried...

Oh well theres always next time...

Went exploring today past evans creek, but they have the carbonado bridge closed down because of forest fires...

Or so the Ranger said... parked in front of the bridge, so I turned around and went up past the ORV park and went to the lake... pretty peacefull.. but wanted across the damned bridge...

Also better luck next time...

Quick Reply: 9 27 03 Greenwater pics thread