Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

2011 Colorado Toyota Jamboree. July 29th-31st

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marlin Crawler RSVP's
                  Maybe

CO4x4 RSVP's

Maybe

People that don't post on message boards
                                        Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Volcom
                                        You'll be fine with whatever you bring Even if it's not totally done to DIRTCO standards
                                        As long as theres room for one more 4wheel beginner noob i am planning on attending. And I assure you that my rig is built to DIRTCO standards (minus the p/s leak modification i added this last weekend while conquering Eagle Rock near Colorado Springs )
                                        Old 06-21-2011, 07:58 AM

I've got it marked on my calendar, I should be able to make it up.
                                        Old 06-22-2011, 11:03 AM

Got the head in the shop. I might be able to make it this one happen.
                                        Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM

Logo for this year's Jambo!

Designed by Mayhem!
                                        Old 06-22-2011, 01:25 PM

I like it.
                                        Old 06-29-2011, 07:12 PM

Attending the Jambo this year has become a long shot for me. I got a call from the machine shop today and its gonna cost $237.18 estimated to rebuild that head. I could have done it before I lost the plummin job we were doin.
                                        Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Marlin Crawler RSVP's
                                                        Maybe

CO4x4 RSVP's

Maybe

People that don't post on message boards
                                                                              You can also add Tim to your list (he was riding shotgun up Carnage in the old green 4Runner). John might show up, but it's the same weekend as the Bug-In so I don't know.

Originally Posted by sevenphoenix
                                                                              As long as theres room for one more 4wheel beginner noob i am planning on attending. And I assure you that my rig is built to DIRTCO standards (minus the p/s leak modification i added this last weekend while conquering Eagle Rock near Colorado Springs )
                                                                              I doubt you're a noob, and the 4Runner is a seasoned veteran; you will have a great time! You should run Holy Cross and Chinaman's for sure, and Iron Chest, Wheeler Lake if you have the time. The 4Runner has run all of these trails without an issue, and I can spot you though the hard stuff if I'm around.

Last edited by DIRTCO; 07-02-2011 at 05:17 PM.
                                                                              Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
                                                                                #49  
                                                                              Registered User

Sapient's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
                                                                              Location: S.E Denver
                                                                              Posts: 1
                                                                              Likes: 0
                                                                              Hi everyone, I just moved to Denver from San Diego and took my 4Runner (stocker) out to the mountains a few times and had a great time! This looks like a fun trip but I don't know anyone who off roads in the area. If anyone is going out before the Jam let me know, I can't do anything to crazy with my truck until I get a job and get some bigger tires, suspension, etc.. but I am always down to go out and do what I can and have a good time and I'm looking to meet some people in the area and learn more about the hobby and mods I need for the 4runner. I live in Denver fyi and here's my email if anyone wants to meet up for a run or something evermail@hotmail.com.
                                                                              Old 07-05-2011, 06:51 PM
                                                                                #50  
                                                                              Registered User

Iknowstar's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
                                                                              Location: Parker, Co
                                                                              Posts: 15
                                                                              Pet Friendly

I has a quick question. Is this a pet friendly event. I have 2 dogs that I am trying to decide what to do with. I would like to bring them, but if they won't be any others then I will just leave them with my parents.

Thanks, can't wait for the trip.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:29 AM
                                                                                #51  
                                                                              Registered User
                                                                              Thread Starter
                                                                              iTrader: (1)

ScottyC's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006
                                                                              Location: Ft Collins, CO
                                                                              Posts: 3,477
                                                                              Originally Posted by Iknowstar
                                                                              I has a quick question. Is this a pet friendly event. I have 2 dogs that I am trying to decide what to do with. I would like to bring them, but if they won't be any others then I will just leave them with my parents.

Thanks, can't wait for the trip.

Its a pet/kid friendly event for sure.
                                                                              Old 07-06-2011, 08:43 PM
                                                                                #52  
                                                                              Registered User

E_ROCK's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
                                                                              Posts: 30
                                                                              I got the popup lifted!

I went ahead the lifted the popup. I was scrapping the hitch just getting up the driveway.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:03 AM
                                                                                #53  
                                                                              Registered User
                                                                              Thread Starter

ScottyC's Avatar

Only a couple weeks away!
                                                                              Old 07-11-2011, 09:54 AM
                                                                                #54  
                                                                              Registered User
                                                                              Thread Starter

ScottyC's Avatar

Map of where camp will be this year. You may need to zoom in a frame or two. GPS Coords are there as well.
                                                                              http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...22155,0.045447
                                                                              Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 AM
                                                                                #55  
                                                                              Registered User

Z's Confederate Toy's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
                                                                              Location: Bailey, Colorado
                                                                              Posts: 1,965
                                                                              Originally Posted by ScottyC
                                                                              Map of where camp will be this year. You may need to zoom in a frame or two. GPS Coords are there as well.
                                                                              http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...22155,0.045447
                                                                              Same place as last year? If I dont have the 87 goin the old man said that I can borrow his 85 since he will be havin rotaor cuff surgery. So looks like I will make it this year for sure!!
                                                                              Old 07-11-2011, 10:31 AM
                                                                                #56  
                                                                              Registered User
                                                                              Thread Starter

ScottyC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Z's Confederate Toy
                                                                              Same place as last year? If I dont have the 87 goin the old man said that I can borrow his 85 since he will be havin rotaor cuff surgery. So looks like I will make it this year for sure!!
                                                                              Different camping spot this year. We will be between 305 and 315 this year since the Forest Service cut the size of the old camp in half.

Its marked on the map I just linked to.
                                                                              Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 AM
                                                                                #57  
                                                                              Registered User

Originally Posted by ScottyC
                                                                              Different camping spot this year. We will be between 305 and 315 this year since the Forest Service cut the size of the old camp in half.

Its marked on the map I just linked to.
                                                                              Awesome!! Seems easy enough haha.
                                                                              Old 07-14-2011, 07:05 AM
                                                                                #58  
                                                                              Registered User

Volcom's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2004
                                                                              Location: Pueblo, CO
                                                                              Posts: 1,209
                                                                              Chaffee County NF & BLM land is still under a Stage 2 fire ban. Cross your fingers for some heavy rain in the BV area the next couple of weeks so we can have a during the Jambo.
                                                                              http://www.chaffeesheriff.org/fire%20restrictions.php
                                                                              Old 07-14-2011, 08:29 AM
                                                                                #59  
                                                                              Registered User

Chaffee County NF & BLM land is still under a Stage 2 fire ban. Cross your fingers for some heavy rain in the BV area the next couple of weeks so we can have a during the Jambo.
                                                                              http://www.chaffeesheriff.org/fire%20restrictions.php
                                                                              Looks like they have a good chance of rain through Monday. Its rained like 15 to 20 inches here in the last 3 days. Bein only 65 miles away I cant see how they arent gettin any.
                                                                              Old 07-14-2011, 11:13 AM
                                                                                #60  
                                                                              Registered User

E_ROCK's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
                                                                              Posts: 30
                                                                              I am out. I have been requested to be onsite at our clients the week of July 25th. There is a small chance that the stars will align perfectly and I might be able to make it Saturday.

Quick Reply: 2011 Colorado Toyota Jamboree. July 29th-31st