FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

FJC-Specific Cargo Drawer System

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJC-Specific Cargo Drawer System

So this morning I took a ride to Napa and spent an hour with Jeff Kaufmann, an IH8MUD member who has designed and built some very awesome cargo drawer systems + add-ons for the FJ60/80 series Cruisers. After discussing a design and options for my FJC he agreed to use my design to produce a drawer system for any FJC owner who was interested in purchasing one. He also said he'd be more than willing to ship these anywhere (within reason, I assume).

This is (was) Jeff's system in his '60, just to give you a perspective of the product's fit and finish:

Jeff has produced some of the nicest (fit/finish/material/quality) drawer systems I've seen (including compared w/ the African Outback system Slee sells) for Cruiser owners all over the country. IMO, for the money, you can't do better unless you happen to be a master cabinet maker. Jeff's a good guy too, and will shoot you straight.

As soon as Jeff gets settled in his new shop he'll be getting to work on mine and I'll be able to post up some pictures of the progress and finished product (at MUD). In the meantime, here's a link that details some of Jeff's work for other IH8MUD member's Cruisers:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.p...=cargo+drawers

A couple member rigs that I'm particulary envious of include NorCalDoug and Mudrack. Pretty extensive w/ fridge and attachable sleeper sections! NorCalDoug posted a lot of pics in the attached thread, so take a look.

And if you're interested in a killer cargo drawer system for your FJC shoot Jeff Kaufmann a note at fj60kaufman@sbcglobal.net so he can get you scheduled for a consultation.

-bd

Corey, apologies in advance if I broke any rules by linking back to MUD.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
No problemo, we like Mud
I am a member on Mud and post just about daily there.

Just saw your post over on the FJ site.
Did not know that was you.
I was just reading your thread there, as the word cargobox caught my eye at the top of the list.

That will be cool when he produces these.
Heck, I may even get one to replace my current one.
I could use a little more room, my drawers are full now.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
No problemo, we like Mud
I am a member on Mud and post just about daily there.

Just saw your post over on the FJ site.
Did not know that was you.
I was just reading your thread there, as the word cargobox caught my eye at the top of the list.

That will be cool when he produces these.
Heck, I may even get one to replace my current one.
I could use a little more room, my drawers are full now.
Yeah, the other MUD guys who have these just rave about them. The quality is top-notch. I told Jeff I thought he might become overwhelmed with requests from FJC owners who might be interested in these.

-bd