General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to make blinkers work with no ECU or stock electronics??

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to make blinkers work with no ECU or stock electronics??

I am nearing the end of my project 2wd drift truck, a 92 toyota pickup with a 347 stroker in it. The stock factory lights all work, including blinkers, at least up until the other night. Long story short, I removed the stock instrument cluster and did away with it,and built my own cluster for all my necessary guages.. Everything turned out perfect except the fact that my blinkers no longer work....

Is there something within the stock cluster that has to do with the blinkers? I get nothing wheni turn them on now, but before I removed the cluster they still worked. I would like to get these working and am wondering if anybody knows how to 'hard wire' them or if anyone has a wiring diagram for it.

If anyone is interested in seeing pictures of the project truck let me know and I'll post a few up!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:10 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Wink

Is all the stock dash gone??

How do you power your head lights?/

The turn signals harness comes up to the combination switch if you removed that switch they wont work or if you removed the flasher . Or disconnected the ground:wabbit2:

be a pain to have turn signals on a toggle switch
Old 06-14-2012, 02:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pictures are a necessity. You should always post pictures.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:35 AM

Removing the cluster shouldn't have anything to do with the signal lights not working. The indicators are just 2 extra bulbs in the circuit. Since the turn signals are not working, are the hazard lights working? The hazards use the same wiring circuitry..they are just fed from a different fuse. What did you do with all of the cluster wiring? Did you short something out thus blowing the "turn or hazard fuse"?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Run power to an aftermarket flasher then from the flasher to the input wire to your blinker selector switch then out to the lights. I just rewired my whole truck this last week with a harness from EZ wiring and I re used all switched in the column and everything works fine. Takes a bit of figuring but can be done pretty easy the factory blinker switch on my 82 used ground from a relay through the switch but the switch don't care what way the power flows. I'll post some pics up later of how I did mine.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:14 AM

Run power to an aftermarket flasher then from the flasher to the input wire to your blinker selector switch then out to the lights. I just rewired my whole truck this last week with a harness from EZ wiring and I re used all switched in the column and everything works fine. Takes a bit of figuring but can be done pretty easy the factory blinker switch on my 82 used ground from a relay through the switch but the switch don't care what way the power flows. I'll post some pics up later of how I did mine.
Obviously this is a task you wanted to or were forced to do.

From the first post;
The stock factory lights all work, including blinkers, at least up until the other night. Long story short, I removed the stock instrument cluster.....
The lights were working...not working now probably something simple, so why get into a re-wiring job if it is not necessary.