General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anybody ever converted SR5 4runner power window and locks to manual?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
has anybody ever converted SR5 4runner power window and locks to manual?

I have an 87 4runner SR5. It has power everything. Right now I'm running it with no doors and no top. but before I took the doors off, my driver's side did not like to lock and unlock so i always had to use the key. Also it seems like my passenger window motor is going. It will roll half way up and then I have to physically help it up. When I put the doors back on, I'm considering converting them to manual. The only thing is I know if one of the plugs isn't plugged in the doors, nothing will work, even the back window( at least that's what I heard). Does any body know a way to bypass that?
Old 09-05-2010, 08:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
and in case any body was wondering, I just thought it would be easier to just do that instead of trying to find new motors and deal with electrical issues. I hate figuring out electrical stuff. I like it simple stupid
Old 09-18-2010, 03:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Easy, go to the junkyard and get manual doors and swap parts as needed. I may do that myself due to so many electrical problems in the main harness.

Manual is good!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just made half doors for my 4runner a few weeks ago. I had the plan of removing all the electrical things from both doors and putting the window switches in the middle on the center console and removing the electric doors lock feature completely. I wanted to use just the driver side electrical connections so when I removed the doors to swap in the half doors, I unplugged the drivers side ones from the wire harness but i just chopped the passenger side wires where they go into the door. Now, my clock always says 1:00 when I turn on the truck and my interior lights dont work. I havent found anything else that I might have messed up, but I had the same question that you do, how do i get around not having the wire harnesses plugged in?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I get a chance I'll look at the wiring diagrams and try to figure out what these circuits have in common with the clock, but if you guys decide to go the manual route, pm me I'm looking for replacement/spare power switches, trim etc.