General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.4 Conversion Wiring Help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 3.4 Conversion Wiring Help.

Hello everyone,

Was hoping someone on here may be able to help with a problem I am having on my 3.4 conversion. The last month I have been doing a conversion from 22re to a 3.4 (2003 tacoma 2wd w/auto) and everything has been going great. Getting close now, just need to finish up the wiring and exhaust and some misc. bullsheep. Anyways, a couple of days ago I finally got her fired up. It sits there and idles nicely but soon as I attempt to give it gas it acts like its hitting the rev limiter. Im guessing its doing this around 2000 rpms. Now, im not using the ORS wiring harness, im just using the engine harness and appying my own power to the computer terminals BATT, +B, IGSW and MREL. My question is, is there a terminal i am missing that needs power? Do i need to jump a couple pins?

I know there are quite a few individuals that have done the swap without the ORS wiring harness so they will know what im talking about as far as terminals. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

- Kyle@okfabracewerx

www.okfabracewerx.com
Old 07-09-2006, 12:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You two should talk:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/3-4l-conversion-wont-start-88682/

I'd bet that you can help each-other out. You're going at this in different ways, but it's another set of eyes for each of you...
Old 07-09-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by midiwall
You two should talk:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88682

I'd bet that you can help each-other out. You're going at this in different ways, but it's another set of eyes for each of you...
I looked through his thread and what he is experiencing seems like a totally different symtom that what I am having.

Also, I do not have the body wiring harness therfor no OBDII connector.

Thanks for the help though, it is greatly appreciated.

Anyone else out there have some info regaurding my question?

-Thanks!
Old 07-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by oK Fabrications
Hello everyone,

Was hoping someone on here may be able to help with a problem I am having on my 3.4 conversion. The last month I have been doing a conversion from 22re to a 3.4 (2003 tacoma 2wd w/auto) and everything has been going great. Getting close now, just need to finish up the wiring and exhaust and some misc. bullsheep. Anyways, a couple of days ago I finally got her fired up. It sits there and idles nicely but soon as I attempt to give it gas it acts like its hitting the rev limiter. Im guessing its doing this around 2000 rpms. Now, im not using the ORS wiring harness, im just using the engine harness and appying my own power to the computer terminals BATT, +B, IGSW and MREL. My question is, is there a terminal i am missing that needs power? Do i need to jump a couple pins?

I know there are quite a few individuals that have done the swap without the ORS wiring harness so they will know what im talking about as far as terminals. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

- Kyle@okfabracewerx

www.okfabracewerx.com
My 3.0 did that samething once after I accidently ripped the wires out of the AFM.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oK Fabrications
Also, I do not have the body wiring harness therfor no OBDII connector.
Thanks for the help though, it is greatly appreciated.
Anyone else out there have some info regaurding my question?

-Thanks!
Hi Kyle,
Good luck on your swap. You really should get your DLC (OBD II terminal) hooked up.
Its only 4 wires and the amount of info you will be able to get from real time data and your codes is unmeasurable.
If you need a hand with the pinout for the DLC I can get you started let me know.
,Thomas
Old 07-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tragic Drive
Hi Kyle,
Good luck on your swap. You really should get your DLC (OBD II terminal) hooked up.
Its only 4 wires and the amount of info you will be able to get from real time data and your codes is unmeasurable.
If you need a hand with the pinout for the DLC I can get you started let me know.
,Thomas
Ditto on getting an OBD connector in there, that is a key tool for diagnosis and you'll seriously hamper your ability to troubleshoot without it.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 PM

I got the scan port all hoooked up today and received the following codes:

p0505 - Idle control malfunction

p0100 - Open circuit/bad MAF

p01300 - Ingnitor circuit malfunction

p01135 - oxygen sensor?

Im borrowing the ignitor off my bosses truck and have no idea what year his is (offroad custom frankensteiin truck lol) but the part# is 89621-35020. im thinking maybe its the wrong ignitor? If someone could confirm if that ignitor works for a 2003 tacoma it would be appreciated. Hopefully someone can take this a step further with the new information i have gained.

Thanks again

-Kyle
Old 07-10-2006, 07:26 PM

another thing is im getting now power to the white/red stripe wire that goes to the idle air control valve and the MAF. When I apply 12V to the wire it kills the engine. Can someone confirm on their vehicle that they are getting 12v to the white/red stripped wire going to the MAF and Idle air control valve? Thanks again!