General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

what have you put to shame in your yota

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what have you put to shame in your yota

For me this is a long list but one incident stands out. My best friend bought a 88 K5 blazer and immediatley started talking sh#t about my toyotas and how its all about american muscle. well I'm a believer that actions speak louder than words so I said let's go wheelin. I took him out to my favorite spot by the river. Keep in mind his rig was pretty well built with a detriot out back and a air locker up front 6" lift super swamper tsl's and a stromg v8. So I took my 88 and climbed up a VERY steep rock pile. I was parked on top of the pile waiting for him to climb it watching. He tried about 6 or 7 times no luck. He said let's find some mud you got lucky. So I drove back down and headed for the river. I found a shallow spot with a sand bank in the middle and asked him do you want me to go first. He said no way your going to make it. So I jumped in my truck and 10 minutes later I'm on the other side. So he went for it and got stuck right in the middle. And somehow in the process snapped his drivers side front axle shaft. I was laughing my ass off when he had to get out and swim across. Needles to say I tought him a lesson and towed him home. He hasn't talked any crap about toyotas since. By the way he won't wheel with me anymore. Lol

Keep it filthy
Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
years ago while at my wife's house (was my girlfriend back then) at night......she lived at the end of a dirt road that was a little more than 1 car wide and her neighbor in this big jacked up probably 36inch tires full size blazer caught the edge of the embankment in the snow and ended up leaning against a tree. he was at a fairly good angle against the tree and was actually smoking the heck out of his tires on the snow and ice trying to get back up onto the road, so we came out and i told him i'd pull him out (92 4x4 pickup) and he said "in that?"........and i tied off to him and commenced yanking his big butt up............still owes me a case of beer, jerk!

it was kinda my fault to begin with, he was backing down this dirt road and going around my truck when he went over the edge (she lived essentially on the side of a mountain.....was 42 steps down from the road to her house....believe me i know)....but if it hadn't been for that tree he probably would have tumbled down into the house.oh yeah though, he was pretty inebriated at the time so it really was all his fault.

same road, same amount of years ago, i was going in reverse and caught the edge in a different spot and put my truck down.....but no damage....and when i called friends for help they brought beer and chains and tried pulling ME out.......my truck wanted to stay right there and i pulled on guys ront bumper out like a V and 2nd vehicle (full size Bronco) eneded up cooking it's engine trying too. another friend went to the garage he worked at and at about 2am brought a tow truck, hooked to my rear axle and yanked me out.......seems funny how stuff like that mattered so little back then.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
pulled up to a local muddin spot when i first got my '80, there were about 5 or 6 full size pickups there..a dodge with 6in lift and 35's..a flareside ford with 33's..a F-150 with 33in swampers (my muddin buddy nowadays), and a dodge diesel with some 35's

i pulled up, got out locked in my hubs, everybody said you're gonna try to make this run in THAT?!?!?..

i told em DAAAAYYYUUUMM RIGHT!...so i took off..made it NO problem AT ALL..(mud was about halfway up the side of my new TSL's)

got back and everybody wanted to see if they could make..cuz i mean come on..if my little '80 could make it..then they're big lifted trucks should make it right??...WRONG..the only one that made it out with out fubarring something was the F-150...the diesel's tranny temp was in the red..the lifted dodge busted a u-joint, and the flareside blew a coolant line..lol

so all in all it was a great day for the '80..but it was short lived..next day i swamped it in a deep mudhole that was made for the chevies on 44's..

my '86 has amazed alot of people in the mud..one time i remember the most..was when my buddy and i just went out into one of his grandpa's fields just screwin around..nothin terrible..we thought

he decided he wanted to go first so i let him lol, turns out..under that 3ft tall grass is nothin but red clay..he got out there about 50yds into the field..and decides to stop..bad idea..he couldnt get going after that..mud was flyin everywhere..but he wasnt going anyhere..it was just tooo slick..

of course i had to go pull him out with the yota..so i had to pull his F-150 through the clay field that he got stuck in..and i didnt get stuck??.lol
Old 09-03-2009, 08:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great story filthmob!

I dont have any real good stories. I've pulled a few rigs out of stucks with my 88, a Blazer, Bronco, and a Jeep or 2. But the same rigs have pulled my truck out, so I can't brag.

Only thing I've owned on my 97 is some bushes, tree limbs, and last night, a boat motor!

Last edited by Adam F; 09-03-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
My wallet.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
My wallet.

I can second that.