General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

My 4Runner & my brothers Tacoma are completely totaled...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well?

how do you like your new truck?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:12 PM

Whoa! This is the first time I have seen this thread. I am really sorry about your losses. Glad to hear you guys are doing OK. Unless I am missing something (aka another thread), I think we are all wondering what both of you guys are rolling now.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by garrett1478
well?

how do you like your new truck?

Old 03-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Contributing Member

ahhh my bling bling 3rd gen. Well i LOVE it but it's not what i was expecting far as wheeling goes. My plans were to sell the 17" Sequoia wheels it came with and buy some black steelies, MT tires, suspension lift, 1" BL, f/r lockers, and all that other good stuff. But after driving it for about a week i started realizing its just waaayyyy too nice, too big, and feels too "car like" for my taste. I don't regret buying it because i needed (wanted) a better DD anyway...especially something that could make it up hills without straining like crazy. I go snowboarding every week and the 3.4 does pretty well at driving through the Colorado Rocky mountians....so my plans are to keep it and just do some of the fancy-look good kind of mods.

Yesterday, i got my tire mounted back on the rim on my totaled 2nd gen. Fired it up and actually drove it around the block a couple times. It was funny seeing some of the looks i got from people walking their dogs but it was then that i really felt the difference between a 2nd and 3rd gen. My mangled '92 felt like a truck...a rig MADE to go off road. I seriously missed it driving it all over again and felt like going straight to some trails...i swear if it had a right tail light, i would of.

I'm almost ready to buy another 2nd gen that i just found. If its not sold by this Thursday, i'll probably be picking it up. Right now its mostly stock but does have a rebuilt 22re, headers, Downey springs, and a Detroit rear locker.
Heres a pic... CLICK

Old 03-27-2006, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I am glad to know you guys are doing ok. That is a nice looking 4Runner (the one you are looking at.)

I got in an accident in my moms Chevy Beretta. Was on my way up to a LAN party with some friends of mine (I had a passenger, one of my friends was behind me in his Volvo, and my passengers girlfriend and another passenger were in a Jeep Grand Cherokee) and I had accidently missed the turn up to the partys house. So I used my walkie talkie to get ahold of my friend in the Volvo, and we pulled off to the side of the road. I had thought that the girl in the Cherokee pulled off too, but she hadn't and when I was pulling a U - Turn, she t-boned me. I remember stopping the car on the opposite side of the road, and just a sharp pain in my left arm. I have a bad heart, so I thought I might have been having a heart attack, but then I grabbed my arm, and pushed it up, and just heard a loud pop. Turns out I ÅÅÅÅed up my rotary cuff. I was the only person hurt, and my moms Beretta is now sitting in our feild totalled. Car accidents are bad, yes, but if you turn it into a positive thing, you will learn from them. Again, glad to know you are all ok. Good luck with your new rigs.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Albuquerque Jim
You are both OK, that is good.

It looks like the Runner could be bobbed and turned into a nice off road rig. The Taco looks bad...that doesn't say much for an All-Pro bumper...

Doing 50mph, WTF did you expect it to do?... it's a tube bumper

Last edited by Mayhem; 03-29-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rocket
ahhh my bling bling 3rd gen. Well i LOVE it but it's not what i was expecting far as wheeling goes. My plans were to sell the 17" Sequoia wheels it came with and buy some black steelies, MT tires, suspension lift, 1" BL, f/r lockers, and all that other good stuff. But after driving it for about a week i started realizing its just waaayyyy too nice, too big, and feels too "car like" for my taste. I don't regret buying it because i needed (wanted) a better DD anyway...especially something that could make it up hills without straining like crazy. I go snowboarding every week and the 3.4 does pretty well at driving through the Colorado Rocky mountians....so my plans are to keep it and just do some of the fancy-look good kind of mods.

Yesterday, i got my tire mounted back on the rim on my totaled 2nd gen. Fired it up and actually drove it around the block a couple times. It was funny seeing some of the looks i got from people walking their dogs but it was then that i really felt the difference between a 2nd and 3rd gen. My mangled '92 felt like a truck...a rig MADE to go off road. I seriously missed it driving it all over again and felt like going straight to some trails...i swear if it had a right tail light, i would of.

I'm almost ready to buy another 2nd gen that i just found. If its not sold by this Thursday, i'll probably be picking it up. Right now its mostly stock but does have a rebuilt 22re, headers, Downey springs, and a Detroit rear locker.
Heres a pic... CLICK

Make sure you update after Thursday! I'm interested to see if you picked it up, it looks good!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

NO you can't have your crossmember back! Good luck on the 2nd gen!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:40 PM

Get it! That would be perfect for a trail rig, especially since you have a different vehicle as a DD. How much they asking?

Ed
Old 03-30-2006, 01:45 PM

Damn. Talk about keeping it in the family. Sure looked like a wide enough road to me for your bro to go by. He must have been huggin the curve, driving on the wrong side. Good thing it was on the pavement. You cam claim insurance. I don't know how it works in Colorado, but in Cali you are usually screwed if something happens off road.
Are you parting out your Runner?
Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

NICE!!! buy that too!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about the wreck, I bout hit a deer two weeks ago, and I prolly woulda killed someone if my truck got totaled... Have you tried buffing that out?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:10 PM

Glad that you guys are okay. I guess in this case that it was good that the All Pro bumper crumpled. Jeff Kelson from Badland Bumpers (the kind that are on my rig) has a picture of his Tacoma that was wrecked by his ex-wife. His Tacoma is standing upright on its Badland Bumpers tube bumper! http://www.badlandbumpers.com/index_019.htm
The truck was pretty much a loss, but he was able to reuse the bumper on his new Tacoma. Now that makes me feel secure knowing that my front bumper is not going to crumple in a wreck. Oh wait, I got in a wreck with a fullsize Ford van in 2003 and it only chipped the powdercoat on the edge. I ended up driving 300+ miles home with my alignment messed up and some dented sheetmetal. It was freezing outside and my bumper side tube broke the window on the Ford van.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:35 PM

damn man that is a lot of carnage.. im glad you are both fine, sure is a real bummer
Old 01-28-2008, 02:04 AM

O @#$% that sucks but its kinda funny to me sry about what happend. youngbuck's yota looks worse cost wise and just in looks.