General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Arma Coating vs. Line X

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Drama Queen/Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arma Coating vs. Line X

I'm looking to get my bed sprayed in the next few weeks. I had our local Line X dealer give me a quote of $430. Which included:

Under the rail
Over the tailgate
Remove inner bed side panels and spray behind (outer fender inner metal)

Someone suggested I try Arma Coatings which looks the same as Line X. I had my prior Toyota Line X'ed, but I live in a new town and my local dealer for Line X is weird since his shop is always closed and he wanted to keep my truck for a few days.

Anyone used Arma Coatings? I think the quote Line X gave me is fair, but would also like to try out other options.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:09 AM

If I ever get my truck back, I will take pictures of my Line-X on my 99 F-150 for you. I am thinking they want your vehicle for a couple days so they can clean your vehicle if there is any problem.

I ran into some issues having my truck Line-Xed.... The dealer pulled the bedliner, there was rust. Line-X would not spray it, so they sent me to a Sand Blasting Company, only 3 out of 8 Bed Bolts came out and the company sand blasted my new paint off.

Line-X Dealer got the vehicle back and did an Off Road Package and my 8 ft. box and well, when they masked off the vehicle with their wire take, some of the clear coat was pulled off.

So back to the Body Shop to get painted again.....

Product looks good, but even when I got it back they missed a few spots on clean up and there was some Line-X overspray yet. Maybe your local Line-X Dealer wants your vehicle to make sure the product is dry so you are not hauling 1000's of pounds of cargo that same day and make sure your vehicle is cleaned properly with no overspray or damage (ofcourse I had rockers and wheel wells sprayed).

I have not heard of Arma Coatings, go into their shop and ask what kind of chemical they use and ask how they apply it, if it goes on hot and what is the tensile strength. There are many products that and feel like Line-X, but are their application process is totally different.

Stay away from cartridge system's if that is what Arma Coatings use.

Last edited by Rivalred; 03-12-2007 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Drama Queen/Banned

I went down to Arma Coatings today, the material goes on hot and looks the same as Line X. The quote they gave me was $450 and they said my bed was clean enough that the job should take no longer than 4 hours.

I think I'm going to go with Arma Coatings since they are down the street from my house
Old 03-12-2007, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by paxil4x4
I went down to Arma Coatings today, the material goes on hot and looks the same as Line X. The quote they gave me was $450 and they said my bed was clean enough that the job should take no longer than 4 hours.

I think I'm going to go with Arma Coatings since they are down the street from my house
See what the Gun looks like..... There is cartridge system that goes hot and looks/feels the same, but isnt.