General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

00 Sequoia Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00 Sequoia Won't Start

00 Sequoia Won't Start My wife has a '00 Sequoia and she has been complaining that sometimes it won't start. So today I drove it and I see what she means. It just turns over but won't fire. I hit the gas at one point and the engine kind of made a woof sound. Then I tried to start it again and the same thing, only this time hitting the gas did not start the car. I did not try it again, anyone have any advice as to what it may be. It has 4.7L V-8 with electronic fuel injection.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2009, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really hard to say without being there and checking some things.

First, pull the battery cables and let it sit for a minute. Reconnect and try again.

Get some starting fluid, disconnect the intake hose that connects to the throttle body, and spray it into the throttle body and see if it starts. If so, its a fuel problem (pump, filter, relay, ??)
Old 06-28-2009, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam F
Really hard to say without being there and checking some things.

First, pull the battery cables and let it sit for a minute. Reconnect and try again.

Get some starting fluid, disconnect the intake hose that connects to the throttle body, and spray it into the throttle body and see if it starts. If so, its a fuel problem (pump, filter, relay, ??)
Well actually in trying to start the truck earlier in the day I drained the battery so I bought a new one and just installed it. So the cables have been disconnected for some time, but the problem won't go away.

I don't think it is a fuel problem, only because once it starts running it will run all day and night. It is acting like it won't fire, not getting a spark