Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Where is the Firewall

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the Firewall

Hey guys, I am new to the forums, and I hope I am doing this right. I am trying to hoook up my CB radio, and my subwoofer, and they both involve the firewall, and I can't seem to find it. Where should I be looking? Also, does anybody have any good ideas of where to mount my CB antenna. It is a magnet mount antenna, and the wire can't run through the door cause it crushes the wire.

Ryan

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Welcome Ryan,
here you go
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
??? Is this another one from pirate? lol
Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Thank you for your speedy response, I mean like where is the whole in the firewall I can poke my wires through. I assume its somewhere under the driver's side by the pedals. I have a 2001 sport.

Ryan
Old 07-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Got one right here I can sell you, $29.95

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Act now, and I will throw in a FREE Copy of this picture:

Old 07-01-2009, 09:31 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Really I thought I was helping a real new guy out , whats the deal is this real of fake.

I have come across a few people that dont know what a firewall is but they do want to know.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:35 PM

No I promise this is real, and I really thank you for your response, I am just wondering like where the grommet hole is through the firewall to run the power cables for my subs, and that is annoyin whoever posted the thing on the picture of the Firewall, but I appreciate your speedy response RMA!

Ryan
Old 07-01-2009, 09:49 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

dude you mentioned 2001 i dont have one or have seen one up close like that , but check the far right or far left you may find some room in a hole there if not you will have to drill a new one .
Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Find them yourself you big baby, this isn't involved technical, anything. It's a small space and only so many places to look.

Ask a wiring question or something. Geez.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:07 PM

You have to be a gigantic jerk-off to rip someones question in the newibie section..."super moderator" indeed.

There should be a rubber grommit with wires running through it on the drivers side that you can use.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Whitey13
You have to be a gigantic jerk-off to rip someones question in the newibie section..."super moderator" indeed.

There should be a rubber grommit with wires running through it on the drivers side that you can use.
Well geezus effing christ everyone wants everything handed to them. If he asked about something real, like how to wire the system well, what brands, something that requires knowledge or experience, as opposed to, "Hey I don't feel like spending a few seconds, possibly minutes looking at where I'm going to be working anyway."
Old 07-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitey13

Well Mr. Giant Jerkoff, at your service.

If you don't know what a firewall is, you should set the keys down and walk away from the vehicle. Besides, he didn't originally ask where any grommets were, he asked where the fire wall is. If you want to get super technical, there are grommets on both sides which can house wires.

You people are too up tight. No one can take a little humor any more Go check out the Oil Cap thread, this one has epic possibilities too.

p.s. A simple google picture search for "truck firewall" netted me tons of pictures, and even Wikipedia.org has the correct information.

Last edited by DeathCougar; 07-02-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

When I routed my subs I drilled a new hole for mine and then put a ruber bumper on it to protect it. But that is on an 87 Pickup. Don't know the exacts for yours. If you do have to drill just be sure not to have anything on the inside you may drill through.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:19 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Subs??? I can hardly fit myself and the lil lady in the cab with her purse and you want to shove more stuff in there...If I had a radio I would not be able to hear it over the purr of the exhaust of the ever so mighty 22re!!!

If this is true??? Lift the hood look for wires coming from the cab an follow to the other side...Might have to do some looking around to find them but they are there...I promise.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
You people are too up tight. No one can take a little humor any more Go check out the Oil Cap thread, this one has epic possibilities too.

haha I thought the eaxct same thing when I saw thread thats why I clicked on it.

By the way does anybody know where I can get some high quality synthetic blinker fluid?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by toy89yota
haha I thought the eaxct same thing when I saw thread thats why I clicked on it.

By the way does anybody know where I can get some high quality synthetic blinker fluid?

yea they are next to the muffler bearings......
Old 07-02-2009, 12:26 PM

You make fun of a newbie, yet you use jokes that are older than you are. Way to bring your A game.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Contributing Member

Geez everybody take it easy!... Not everything is so obvious to some people and let's face it some instructions are not very clear...
firewire - first welcome to the family. Don't take the razzing personally...
DC was just trying to be funny in his post...
there are a few grommets you could use to get through the firewall... depending on your year there is the one on the far left side that the hood release cable goes through. There may be one towards the middle that the accelerator cable goes through. If you remove the fender liner on either side you will see a large bundle of cables passing into the cab. you just need to choose which ever one will work best for you. Just be careful not to interfere with movement of any of the controls as you route the wires and to stay away from hot/moving parts in the engine bay.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:03 PM

Good lord!

Im new to the site myself, Might never ask a question though! Dont take that stuff personal dude. Some guys think a little to much of there "skills" and knowledge, or lack of.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

welcome peapicker... don't worry ask your questions anyway... just be prepared to take a little good natured ribbing now and then lol...

Quick Reply: Where is the Firewall