03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

I need ideas for an 05 Taco

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need ideas for an 05 Taco

OKay so this may sound a little weird..... but I am trying to get some other guys opinions on what I should get for my b/f for v-day, for his truck. So I thought where else better to go to to ask than a toyota forum. Okay so this is what I have gotton already for him....
2005 Taco:
Revtek 3" lift w/ AAL
285/75/16 BFG All-terrains
16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic II's powdercoated black
TRD exhaust
K&N Intake
URD Short shift kit
Westin Ultimate bull bar w/ skid plate powdercoated black
2 PIAA 510's
McCullock 10k HID kit.
and the all pro offraod rock guards/sliders are on the way, x-mas gift but on back order. So I come to you guys for advice on what to get next. I'm thinkin a detroit locker, with a new crush sleve, or new gears, or maybe a headunit/system. But I really don't know so whenever you guys get a chance will you give me some more ideas. I'd really apperciate it.
Thanx guys,
Old 01-31-2006, 07:56 PM

I vote for tires (depending what he has on now of course, I'm assuming street all terrains or something worse)... But I personally wouldn't get the BFG's (although a good tire)... I would get him Cooper Discoverer STT (make sure they are "STT")... then he would think you were god for getting the cool tire on the block
Plus they seem really hard to find, so extra kudos. it gets tricky though... DON'T get the Cooper Discover RADIAL STT (different tire)

My second choice was lights... But not PIAA, go with Lightforce Lights from downunda... do you have a pic of his truck? That would help to see what he has on it already..

Last edited by jeremys73; 01-31-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:59 PM

get him thumpin with a new system. i wish my gf was that cool with stuff for my runner
Old 01-31-2006, 08:07 PM

The STT
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f177/cooper-tire-discoverer-stt-48422/

They also have a less agressive one that I like, the ST and ST-C (it's a cross between a mud tire and an all-terrain)
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f177/there-2-versions-cooper-discoverer-st-77300/
Old 01-31-2006, 08:24 PM

Cool

Yeah here is the link to pics of his truck with mine http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2203942/url
and I don't know I jsut got him those tires at xmas and he hasn't done alot of driving on them, and he already had PIAA's that he's happy with. As far as I know I have gotton pretty much ne ting he wanted or mentioned that he wanted and he hasn't said anything recently so I am trying to get other opinions so I know what to get him.
Yeah alot of people say I'm too nice but oh well, just wanna see him happy. But thanx
But with the system he was lookin at some boxes that were on taco tunes.com and some like 1,300 clarion headunit with DVD and Nav too, and a new dash install kit, but I can't decide what would be better.

Last edited by cbabywolf02; 01-31-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by cbabywolf02
OKay so this may sound a little weird..... but I am trying to get some other guys opinions on what I should get for my b/f for v-day, for his truck. So I thought where else better to go to to ask than a toyota forum. Okay so this is what I have gotton already for him....
2005 Taco:
Revtek 3" lift w/ AAL
285/75/16 BFG All-terrains
16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic II's powdercoated black
TRD exhaust
K&N Intake
URD Short shift kit
Westin Ultimate bull bar w/ skid plate powdercoated black
2 PIAA 510's
McCullock 10k HID kit.
and the all pro offraod rock guards/sliders are on the way, x-mas gift but on back order. So I come to you guys for advice on what to get next. I'm thinkin a detroit locker, with a new crush sleve, or new gears, or maybe a headunit/system. But I really don't know so whenever you guys get a chance will you give me some more ideas. I'd really apperciate it.
Thanx guys,
Nobody has gears at the moment. The earliest you can probably find gears will not be until Fall 06.

Rear locker is available from ARB (RD23)
Front locker is available from ARB (RD111 - gears over 4.10) or (RD121 - gears below 4.10)

If he plans to go bigger than 33's then he'll want to regear which means installation will be $ to pull both diffs out. Might as well do the lockers then to save $ on the installation.

Looks like he's all setup with the basics, how about getting an ARB front bumper/winch combo? Or a custom rear bumper? It'll go nicely w/ the sliders that is on backorder.

Aside from that, I would say audio is your best bet.

Good luck
Old 01-31-2006, 09:09 PM

Yeah he wants a front bumper with winch but he wants it custom made he doesn't like the one that is offered through all pro offroad. I think he said he had some guy on TTORA that would custom make him a front bumper. He wants to keep his rear bumper as is at least for now. And he doesn't want ARB he wants a detroit locker off of all pro. And installation won't cost him anything because he's a toyota technician so I know he'd do it himself. He was lookin into 4.88 gears but I'm not sure if he's going bigger any time soon. He hasn't even went wheelin with the thing so I don't know what he really plans on doing with it.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:14 PM

Actually now that I look at your front bumper; good times. He wants something like that but not with that metal plate in the front. I think he found the style he likes on all pro but it's for an 04 taco and for 05 they totalled changed the style of what he was lookin for. But I really apperciate all of the info, it's hard for me to ask about stuff to him b/c then hell wonder what I'm up to and then there goes my suprise, so thank you, anyway I figured you guys all kinda want the same stuff so it would help alittle bit
Old 01-31-2006, 09:36 PM
Contributing Member

YOU bought him all that stuff....That's awesome.. He better Marry you Two things that that were some of the first aftermarket pieces I got for my truck were Husky Floor Liners and Vent Visors. Those and my Wet Okole seat covers have really helped to preserve my interior. If I ever get a newer rig those will be the first thing I buy again.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:31 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OK - you bought him all that stuff for his Taco, and YOU have a solid-axle runner?

Time to trade up fellas! LMAO
Old 02-01-2006, 08:45 AM
lee
Contributing Member

uh.. best gf EVER
Old 02-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Ouch, She's kicking Nic and My asses! LOL
Old 02-01-2006, 08:56 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know about that lee - mine does all that (well - not in that quantity yet LOL), wrenches, AND 'WHEELS!

I'm a very lucky guy...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

All I know is that cbabywolf needs to Join Blown4Runner and myself on the Moab Toyota Chix Takeover this next summer. We've got at least 7 very capable hot babes ready to wheel the heck outta moab and do it without any help from our guys - though our guys are welcome to come watch. LOL And cook dinner at the end of the day.

What do ya say cbabywolf?

And I'd say I'm a damned lucky gal... because TC rocks my wheeling world. *grin*
Old 02-01-2006, 11:32 AM

Old school roll bar. Make er look like the mini's of years past with the kc's up top. Then again, I might just be stuck in the 80's...
Old 02-01-2006, 03:20 PM

Thankx guys yeah I got him all of that, and he already has the floor mats and vent visors, and yeah the solid axle is mine she's my baby. And lysmachia count me in sounds like it would be a ˟˟˟˟˟ load of fun.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:32 PM

roof rack?.......... by the way.............. ur soooo sweeeeeet, he is soooooooo lucky!!!

just remembered.. how about a bed extender- Comes in handy, and u can tent his front windows- thatll be sweeet!

Last edited by slyang1012; 02-01-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:03 PM

Thanks I really apperciate it I just hope he does too. But thankx
um.... I really don't thing he wants a roof rack actually I don't think he would do that to her, it might not look right to him. And I already tinted his truck for him myself so I got that covered too. But I really don't wanna get him something he doesn't like. but thanx for the idea.

And to Molly that may be alittle far for me to go to I'm in Maryland but thanx for the invite

Last edited by cbabywolf02; 02-01-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:57 AM

oh, I thought those were choices to pick from... Maybe a camper shell then
Old 02-02-2006, 02:48 PM

Nope just tryin to come up with some more ideas that he would like and doesn't know about. thats all you guys have been a bug help but I still don't know what to get him. I guess I'll think of something but thanx neway

Quick Reply: I need ideas for an 05 Taco