03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

Custom 3/4" thick 4th gen top spacer order

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billy ... I've been trying to get ahold of Doug to ask him a question since he has XREAS too ... but I've had no luck. As soon as I get to talk to him, I will know for sure one way or the other.

I just want to understand what he is doing for extra lift, since he has XREAS too.

I want to understand if he is doing anything in the rear, or if he is just going to add your spacers to the Revtek lift in the front and leave the rear at 2.5".
Old 05-19-2004, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 4route
Billy ... I've been trying to get ahold of Doug to ask him a question since he has XREAS too ... but I've had no luck. As soon as I get to talk to him, I will know for sure one way or the other.

I just want to understand what he is doing for extra lift, since he has XREAS too.

I want to understand if he is doing anything in the rear, or if he is just going to add your spacers to the Revtek lift in the front and leave the rear at 2.5".
4route-
Doug is running a revtek spacer plus the downey coil in the rear, exactly like me. As far as the x-reas, I am not sure what he has done, but hasnt seemed to limit him too much. I will be on AIM for the next 1/2 hour if you wanna talk.

Billy

DOUG IS STILL RUNNING HIS STOCK X-REAS SHOCK AS WELL...

Last edited by fourunnabilly; 05-19-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:53 PM

Just a quick bump here to see who i need to hold sets for, and if i need to make more or wait a while till you all reach your own personal conclusions. 02Runner's are in the mail, the other 4 sets are awaiting payment from anyone who is interested. Thanks all.

Billy
Old 05-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Banned

Billy ... did he have the rear spacer shaved down then?

i sent him a PM earlier this month, but still haven't heard back. just want to understand his setup, since he has xreas too.

in either case, i think i will definitely get your top spacers for the front - i can always run those and decide later about the rear. also, since there is a 1" difference between the front and rear with the revtek kit installed, your spacer that would add 1" would actually level it out.

anyway, count me in, for sure. i still plan to have the $$ out to you within the next day or two.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:03 PM

Billy ... did he have the rear spacer shaved down then?

i sent him a PM earlier this month, but still haven't heard back. just want to understand his setup, since he has xreas too.

in either case, i think i will definitely get your top spacers for the front - i can always run those and decide later about the rear. also, since there is a 1" difference between the front and rear with the revtek kit installed, your spacer that would add 1" would actually level it out.

anyway, count me in, for sure. i still plan to have the $$ out to you within the next day or two.
4route-
Doug has not shaved his rear spacer. He is bouncing outta town again for a while, but as far as i know, so far so good with his x-reas shocks..??... I am sending him a panhard drop bracket exactly like mine...just under a 5" drop, and he has told me numerous times that he is set up exactly like i am in the rear.

If you get me your mailing address, i will have your front spacers in the mail by friday. i trust your word that you will get me the $100.

well, so far, here is the for sure list:
02runner
4route

i have 3 more sets ready to roll if anyone else is looking...peace.

Billy
Old 05-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Banned

Thank ya, sir. I emailed you.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Contributing Member

Hey guys, sorry for not checking on this a little sooner. I've been pretty busy lately.

I also want to point out that Lance and Billy have both described the process perfectly. I cannot add to either of their info as it is pertaining to a non-xreas system. Heed the advice of safety first, or pay later.

I do have XREAS and have increased my ride to pretty much the exact set up Billy has. 'Cept mines sitting on 285's.

The main difference: I have XREAS and he doesn't. Initially when I lifted I noticed the XREAS seemed to lose a little of its correcting capabilities. From what I understand, this is caused by the hydraulic fluid not being useable or shareable between the components as more of the fluid will now be located inside the extended shocks. Upon lifting even further, I decided to half-arse fab some temporary shock mounts so that I could return my rear XREAS shocks to a position close to their original length. Theoretically making the system more like it was before the lift(s).

So far this has been working for me and I have not bottomed out my rear shocks. I can feel the XREAS correcting itself on long turns at higher speeds (40-60mph). As far as shock travel, yes you very well may have some breakage if you over extend them. For a standard set up, no biggie, but for XREAS it would be a serious problem, you may need a bank loan to fix it. Not to mention another vehicle while yours sits at the dealership.

I plan on running or ruining this set up until SAW or King make some coilovers for us. At that point, I will change over and ditch the XREAS.

Be sure to consider the potential downfalls when changing the dynamics of your suspension. Like Lance said, do the job completely right or don't do it at all.

Billy: Thanks again.
4Route: I pm'd you earlier this morning.
Lance: Good posting, solid info.
SD4Runner: I don't think you'll have any problems with that.

Later,

Doug M.

Last edited by 02Runner; 05-20-2004 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by fourunnabilly
4route-
Doug has not shaved his rear spacer. He is bouncing outta town again for a while, but as far as i know, so far so good with his x-reas shocks..??... I am sending him a panhard drop bracket exactly like mine...just under a 5" drop, and he has told me numerous times that he is set up exactly like i am in the rear.

If you get me your mailing address, i will have your front spacers in the mail by friday. i trust your word that you will get me the $100.

well, so far, here is the for sure list:
02runner
4route

i have 3 more sets ready to roll if anyone else is looking...peace.

Billy
yeah. I'm in, money is being sent today. (emailed you)

Last edited by SD4Runner; 05-20-2004 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:32 PM

UPDATE:

Alright, here is the latest. Front spacers have been fabbed and will be mailed to 02runner, 4route, and SD4runner asap. I am also sending 02runner a panhard drop bracket that has two different bar connection locations. One for about 2.5" of lift, and another for about 4.5" of lift. Also being fabbed right now are 1/2" thick trim packers that will fit snugly onto the bottom side/coil side of the cone shaped bumpstop where is meets the top of the rear coil.

I am going to get pics and more info up asap onto my website to streamliine this process and allow you all to see what you are buying, etc.

Thanks for the interest, input, and patience...you are all going to like the results.

Billy
Old 05-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Banned

i'm so excited!
Old 05-20-2004, 07:00 PM

Has any one considered whether the 3/8 inch increase in spacer size will still leave enough room for the top three mounting bolts to start the nutz? I was looking at it the other day and it looked tight. Sorry if this was already discussed.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Banned

If you have the 3" Revtek with the longer bolts, Billy says it would fit.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:15 PM

If you have the 3" Revtek with the longer bolts, Billy says it would fit.
I guarantee you 110% that the 3/4" spacer I am fabbing will fit. When I originally made the move a few months back I was going to go for a 7/8" spacer, but decided to play it safe and go with the 3/4" one. I am glad for sure that I went this route. The nuts still thread on fully, and a 13/16" most likely would be possible, but a 3/4" one is your best and safest bet.

4route-
you are doing a great job selling this product... ...nah, thanks for all the help as I am not here all the time. I posted a link to what a trim packer is in the other thread if you are curious.

Billy
Old 05-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Banned

Billy, thanks, I try.

Yeah, I looked at the trim packer link and have no idea about it, so I figure I'll keep my mouth shut. hehe
Old 05-20-2004, 07:57 PM

Billy, thanks, I try.

Yeah, I looked at the trim packer link and have no idea about it, so I figure I'll keep my mouth shut. hehe
4route-
a trim packer would sit between the cone shaped internal bump stop that seats your rear coils to the body/frame on the top. They are used in most applications to level a vehicle side to side as in bringing up the drivers side up say 1/2" due to the weight of the driver and gas tank on that side. In my application they are used between the revtek spacer and the cone shaped bump stop...made of a pretty dense poly/rubber material to give me about an extra 1/2" as well as leveling out the rear end. I have them epoxied to my cone shaped bump stops...hope this helps.

Billy
Old 05-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Contributing Member

billy- sign me up. tracy, billy owes you a commission
Old 05-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Banned

Billy - I got the money order today and will put it in the mail tomorrow.

thanks!!

Michael ... yeah, I should get a tip.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

billy- check's in the mail (make that m.o.)
Old 05-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Banned

man, he's gettin' rich fast.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:31 PM

man, he's gettin' rich fast.
Yeah, keep tellin me that

You all are the ones coming out good on this one.

4route-
sorry bout the aim scenario that went down about 1/2 hour ago. i lost my net connection at my current location. i am back now if you wanna talk. hit me up, i'll check intermittently. hit me up there and we can work out that comission...

ahriman-
i'll count you in, you have set #4 with your name on em...thanks bud.

you all should see these spacers mid to late next week. we are working out the legalities of everything and should have everything sorted out asap. there is one set of spacers left on this first order if anyone else is interested.

we have also decided to work up a full line of aftermarket 4th gen products and should have that on the net within the next couple weeks. products will be available for other generations of runners, but we are not as versed with the 1-3rd gen's but if you have an idea or CAD drwg, about anything is possible. until then, any ideas and desires you all have for aftermarket accessories on the 4th gens - let em fly! just give us some patience and all will definitely come together. thanks again.

Billy

Quick Reply: Custom 3/4" thick 4th gen top spacer order