YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f117/)
-   -   Custom 3/4" thick 4th gen top spacer order (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f117/custom-3-4-thick-4th-gen-top-spacer-order-32936/)

fourunnabilly 05-18-2004 12:16 PM

Custom 3/4" thick 4th gen top spacer order

Hey all-

Here is the total DL + hopefully everything else you need to know about these top spacers. The more orders I get the better for both of us. Right now I am only charging for shop time and material cost.

If you want a set, send $100 to:

Nitrous Enterprises attn. Anthony
2511 Rose Street
Bozeman, MT 59718

As soon as I get your $$ you should see the spacers within 5 days. They are machined out of solid steel to the exact original revtek specs except that they are obviously 3/4" thick instead of 3/8". You will gain about 1" extra at the wheels, and I have no problem guaranteeing them for life. Stock alignment is still no prob to attain after the addition of these new top spacers. I have been running them for 3+ months now.

Either AIM me @ edwardvedder6971, call my cell @ 406-581-9378, or email me back here.

As soon as I see the money, you'll see the spacers. Feel free to ask any other questions, etc.

Billy

Takers so far (respond and I'll add ya)

02runner (spacers and pan hard drop bracket en route)
timber725 (spacers, pending payment)
4route (spacers, pending payment)

r0cky 05-18-2004 02:25 PM

I'm so excited! :) Think it would look okay with 4" in front and 2.5" in rear, though???

timber725 05-18-2004 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by 4route
I'm so excited! :) Think it would look okay with 4" in front and 2.5" in rear, though???

You'll be aiming for the sky.

fourunnabilly 05-18-2004 02:58 PM

Update-
OK, so we are going to fab up 5-8 sets of these front spacers in the next couple days and then see what the demand is. As far as the rear, the downey 2.5" lift coil plus either a revtek or daystar spacer is the best option at the moment. Other ideas are being worked out as we speak.

Again, just reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list.

Billy :)

with my setup i am at just over 41 in the rear and 39+ in the front...perfect in my opinion (downey rear coil plus revtek spacer, and custom spacer in the front)

r0cky 05-18-2004 03:26 PM

yeah, guys, I guess this wouldn't look so good on mine.

I have 3" in the front and 2.5" in the rear, and the front is still down a bit. Nonetheless, I don't want to look like my truck is aiming for the sky. So ...

I guess this won't work, because I have xreas so I wouldn't be able to do coilovers in the rear. :( And I don't want it to look like the nose is in the air.

timber725 05-18-2004 03:57 PM

yeah, guys, I guess this wouldn't look so good on mine.

I have 3" in the front and 2.5" in the rear, and the front is still down a bit. Nonetheless, I don't want to look like my truck is aiming for the sky. So ...

I guess this won't work, because I have xreas so I wouldn't be able to do coilovers in the rear. :( And I don't want it to look like the nose is in the air.

WAIT.

I don't think you will have a problem with the XREAS in the rear, because you are just replacing the coils. However, you may have to get longer shocks..... Well, then there's your confusing answer.

Anybody knows definitively if it is possible to do this for the sports?

ahriman 05-18-2004 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by fourunnabilly
Update-
OK, so we are going to fab up 5-8 sets of these front spacers in the next couple days and then see what the demand is. As far as the rear, the downey 2.5" lift coil plus either a revtek or daystar spacer is the best option at the moment. Other ideas are being worked out as we speak.

Again, just reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list.

Billy :)

with my setup i am at just over 41 in the rear and 39+ in the front...perfect in my opinion (downey rear coil plus revtek spacer, and custom spacer in the front)

billy (or others w/the revtek)-
what is the material the revtek spacers are made of? i ask because i would want to shave it down to level the truck. ideally, i would be at 40/40, but i can live with 39+/39+ which means i would have to take off ~1" of the revtek spacer, and go w/the downey coils for the back.

alternatively, do you think a set of those fabbed 3/4" spacers would fit in the rear w/just the revtek kit and no downey coils?

timber725 05-18-2004 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ahriman
billy (or others w/the revtek)-
what is the material the revtek spacers are made of? i ask because i would want to shave it down to level the truck. ideally, i would be at 40/40, but i can live with 39+/39+ which means i would have to take off ~1" of the revtek spacer, and go w/the downey coils for the back.

alternatively, do you think a set of those fabbed 3/4" spacers would fit in the rear w/just the revtek kit and no downey coils?

The Revtek front spacers are made of cast steel and machined aluminum. The top spacer that Billy will fab is aluminum. No shaving there.

The Revtek rear spacers are made of polyurethane and you can shave all you want. (I wouldn't know how, but you can).

Daystar spacers are polyurethane all around. You can shave those all you want as well.

The front and rear spacers are not the same size. You will have problems with fitting the front on the rear and vice versa. (Billy can tell you all about that.)

ahriman 05-18-2004 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by timber725
The Revtek front spacers are made of cast steel and machined aluminum. The top spacer that Billy will fab is aluminum. No shaving there.

The Revtek rear spacers are made of polyurethane and you can shave all you want. (I wouldn't know how, but you can).

Daystar spacers are polyurethane all around. You can shave those all you want as well.

The front and rear spacers are not the same size. You will have problems with fitting the front on the rear and vice versa. (Billy can tell you all about that.)

there are two spacers per coil, correct? one metal, and one poly(?) (8 total). the fabbed ones i am talking about are billy's -- not really "shaveable" -- and the ones i am talking about modifying would be the rear polys.

ahriman 05-18-2004 04:58 PM

there was a post somewhere on the forum that showed the full revtek kit, anyone know where that is?

Andrey 05-18-2004 04:59 PM

Are these spacers for 3rd or 4th gen?

-- Andrey

r0cky 05-18-2004 05:20 PM

Michael,

The Revtek kit comes with 6 pieces - 4 in the front (two on each side of the front) and 2 in the rear. The spacers that Billy is making are for the front ONLY, and have absolutely nothing to do with the rear. Have you even put on your lift yet? Because I think that once you do that, you will be able to understand better.

Bulldog posted a picture of the Revtek kit, but you can also find a picture of the kit on the web. Or just go to http://www.revtek.com ... anyway, Billy's spacers are going to be made of steel, not aluminum, and there would be no reason to shave them because if you are going to shave the front ones, then there would be no point in buying Billy's which gives more lift.

In the rear, yes, you can shave them down. But I recommend installing them first and THEN deciding whether you want to shave them down or not.

Yes, you can shave the rear ones, but this thread is about Billy's front 3/4" spacers, so that's why we were confused when you asked about shaving things down.

Billy's 3/4" spacers would NOT fit in the rear. The front and rear are two very different sized coils, and two very different setups. There is no way that you could interchange the front and rear spacers.

r0cky 05-18-2004 05:21 PM

Andrey, they are for the 4th gens.

And as timber asked (for me) - if I got new coils in the rear, would I need to replace the shocks? If so, then I couldn't do it while retaining xreas ... just curious.

ahriman 05-18-2004 05:23 PM

Michael,

The Revtek kit comes with 6 pieces - 4 in the front (two on each side of the front) and 2 in the rear. The spacers that Billy is making are for the front ONLY, and have absolutely nothing to do with the rear. Have you even put on your lift yet? Because I think that once you do that, you will be able to understand better.

Bulldog posted a picture of the Revtek kit, but you can also find a picture of the kit on the web. Or just go to http://www.revtek.com ... anyway, Billy's spacers are going to be made of steel, not aluminum, and there would be no reason to shave them because if you are going to shave the front ones, then there would be no point in buying Billy's which gives more lift.

In the rear, yes, you can shave them down. But I recommend installing them first and THEN deciding whether you want to shave them down or not.

Yes, you can shave the rear ones, but this thread is about Billy's front 3/4" spacers, so that's why we were confused when you asked about shaving things down.

Billy's 3/4" spacers would NOT fit in the rear. The front and rear are two very different sized coils, and two very different setups. There is no way that you could interchange the front and rear spacers.

i was not intending to shave the front at all, nor any of billy's spacers, only the rear revtek spacer.

hmm, for someone w/a writing degree, i cannot express myself for ˟˟˟˟˟ :laugh:

and i do not mean to hijack the thread, because i am ultimately wanting to order a set of spacers from billy, but it seems i am not able to express myself clearly enough to know if i wanted to buy one or two sets (but you answered that -- will not fit the rear).

r0cky 05-18-2004 05:25 PM

Okay, but still, you asked if we thought you could use Billy's spacer in the rear, and the short answer is no.

Do you have your lift kit?

ahriman 05-18-2004 05:28 PM

Okay, but still, you asked if we thought you could use Billy's spacer in the rear, and the short answer is no.

Do you have your lift kit?

ordering the revtek tomorrow from wheelers after i find out about the steelies.

r0cky 05-18-2004 05:31 PM

Michael -- Yeah, if I were you, I would just order 1 set from Billy ... or, better yet, put the Revtek kit on first and then decide if you want the extra lift in front that Billy's spacer would provide.

I, myself, won't be able to do it because my shocks aren't long enough in the rear to add more lift. :dunno: I keep trying to IM billy, but, he's not answering right now ... hopefully I'll get to talk to him soon though.

ahriman 05-18-2004 05:35 PM

i am pretty positive about the front spacers, in fact 100% because i do not want to tear into the front twice from what you all have been saying. depends on billy's answer whether i get the rear downey's -- lance has me at least 50% talked out of those at this time.

r0cky 05-18-2004 05:36 PM

What did Lance say to talk you out of the rear downey's?

From the Downey website:

2003-04 4 RUNNER REAR COILS
The new 2003-04 4 Runner rear coils are designed to provide a mere 1 lift due to the 4 Runner’s extremely nose low posture. In fact, we cranked the front of our 4 Runner up 3 to level the vehicle after installation of the 1 lift rear coils. We found it very awkward remounting the original rear brake hoses so we decided to provide longer stainless steel braided hoses that mount into the original locations. Also included is a 1 spacer for remounting the ABS brake hose, and thick spacer tubes for the lower shock mounting pins. 10” travel rear shocks will be required (not included); our choice would be 10” travel MV-12’s.
48231-03
03-04 Rear Coil kit
$216.00

ahriman 05-18-2004 05:42 PM

the website and the people on the phone can differ greatly on the kit...
lance reminded me that coils do not a coilover make...in other words, the rear is not adjustable which was attractive to me so that i could hike up the front to desired height and adjust the rear accordingly.

at this point i feel i really am hijacking, so maybe we could do some posting elsewhere, or PM me. i would appreciate your input. :bigok: