03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02Runner-

PP stand for Performance Products. They are based in CA. Make a ton of aftermarket stuff for almost every vehicle in the book. If you don't get their free magazine, just go onto the net and ask for one @ www.perfromanceproducts.com. The bags fit within the coil, as you could see from the pics and are supposedly good for 2-3000lbs. Have been working great for me, and really stiffen up the ride. You can make various adjustments on how you want to cut your bumpstops to fit the bags, allowing them more opportunity to raise your vehicle, especially with the use of the provided spacers. 30 min install. I ordered mine for an 02' runner since they don't have any out yet, and even took it wheelin' yesterday with the bags @ 35+ lbs of pressure and they held up great. So, just go onto their webiste and order the "Air Lift 1000". It costs about $85, and you can buy one of their compressors if you want. Hit me back before you install them, and I'll give you a more in depth detain on how to perfectly custom them to your setup.

02Runner-
Picked up the stoppers @ Ace Hardware...I'm sure you can get something similar @ about any hardware store. Diameter and height do vary, and I would personally get the plate in and then decide how much you want to space it down, and then go buy the plugs. Then all you have to do is drill a hole thru the center of em'. Hit me back if you have any more ??'s. Peace

Billy
Old 11-11-2003, 03:43 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks,

Doug M.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:17 PM

Airbag shot for Mark...

Just bringing her back to the front to get Mark a pic of my airbag shot within the rear coils. Laters.

Billy
Old 11-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Contributing Member

Re: The Warning Lights...

Originally posted by fourunnabilly
I discovered this weekend that not only did I snap the ABS wires on both sides when adding the lift, but also broke the Abs plug that goes into the disc on the front right, and put a small hole in the front right brake line in the last metal piece before it turns to rubber and connects to the disc. The front left has been reconnected, lengthened a little, and fixed.
Boy, do I miss alot when I stop reading some threads here and there

Billy, how in the world did you snap your ABS lines? I've taken the front suspension completely apart and didn't experience anything like this. Were you not careful when removing the shock assembly from the arms? I mean there is alot of give on the lines so I'm just wondering if it was the installer (if you had one, or yourself) that made this error? Just trying to figure out how that happened that's all.. Otherwise, everything looks good!

Lance
Old 11-12-2003, 09:42 PM

Re: 4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's

Hey all-

Just got home and finished the final stages of my lift. Most of you know I threw on the RevTek 3" lift a week or two ago. Put some Pro Comp Mud Terrain 33x12.5R17's on tonight, and with the removal of the front mudflaps, and trimming off the lower "cups" on the front side of the wheel well, the tires fit no prob. The right side actually barely rubbed the mudflap, while the left side rubbed both the flap and plastic cup slightly. Added the PP air bags in the rear that sit within the coils, and the final measurements are 38.5" from the ground to bottom of the fender in the front, and 40" in the rear. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Also, I think it was Momo that was wanting some info on how I made the Tacoma skid plate work...I have some pics and info for you. Just thought you all would like to see some assurance that 33's will fit just fine with the 3" RevTek. Talk to ya all tomorrow. Peace.

Billy
Looks good! Now why doesn't toyota sell it that wayfrom the dealer?
Old 11-13-2003, 07:16 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: 4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's

Originally posted by JDeMello
Looks good! Now why doesn't toyota sell it that wayfrom the dealer?
Liability. With the wave of Ford Exploders, Firestone blowouts, etc. the auto manufacturing world has taken notice of all the lawsuits filed by these victims families and made their SUV's center of gravity lower and the tip-over possibility lessened.

Now if you flip or roll, it is your fault and not Toyota's.

I know, almost the same argument as the gun laws. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:41 AM

Good Times-

In regards to the abs lines-

Just yanking down a little too hard when stuffing in the revtek spacers. Just picked up my brake line part so I will have 4 wheel brakes again. The ABS lines are $45 a piece, so I'd recommend either completely disconnecting them when you add the spacers or be very very careful. Other than that, all is great. Thanks guys.

Billy
Old 11-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Just yanking down a little too hard when stuffing in the revtek spacers.
Ya must have been too excited to install em and just forgot to be careful
Old 11-13-2003, 05:29 PM

Yeah, I seem to suffer from that symptom quite often...I have yet to get it diagnosed...

Billy
Old 11-13-2003, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I seem to suffer from that symptom quite often...I have yet to get it diagnosed...

Taking long breaths helps!

I believe I suffer from this sometimes too
Old 11-13-2003, 07:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: 4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's

Originally posted by Sac State
Liability. With the wave of Ford Exploders, Firestone blowouts, etc. the auto manufacturing world has taken notice of all the lawsuits filed by these victims families and made their SUV's center of gravity lower and the tip-over possibility lessened.

Now if you flip or roll, it is your fault and not Toyota's.

I know, almost the same argument as the gun laws. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
My question too all the Car makers is when this SUV fad is over and people like us that actully use them or buy them for there ground clearence and everything else that comes with a SUV. Who will buy all the used ones on the road?
Old 11-29-2003, 05:59 AM
Contributing Member

Plate Mount
I finally got my skid plate and was going to install it when I get back in town. Ddo you remember what length bolts you used?
Old 11-29-2003, 06:41 AM

momo-

I wanna say that you need to use something around 2.5 to 3 inches long. The most important trick is to get washers large enough to span the width of the tow hook eyes. Also, as I will assure you that the rubber stoppers will work, due to the fact mine are compressed so much, they are beginning to crack...this is probably also due to the cold weather here. When I get a break, I am going to try and find some thick rubber washers of even black plastic washers, if I can. The rubber isn't liking the extreme compression. Glad to hear you got the plate. You'll be able to figure out a way to mount it no prob. I would just say, get bolts that are a little longer than mine, 3"+ and find an alternative to the rubber stoppers, and you'll be set. Good luck.

Billy
Old 11-29-2003, 04:28 PM
Contributing Member

I went to HD today and bought an assortment of bolts and washers. i got the half inch washers and also got some bigger ones. I also bought different size stoppers. Since we just rolle back into town, I will probably wait till the morning to mess around with it. i can't wait to get it on and get her all washed up. I will post a pic or two when i get down. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:05 PM

Great...cant wait to see the pic...as I am sure you cant either. Peace.

Billy
Old 12-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Contributing Member

Great...cant wait to see the pic...as I am sure you cant either. Peace.

Billy
What's up billy? I have installed the skid plate but made some adjustments and am in the process of getting it all together with some pics. I had installed it like you did, but wanted it to stick out a little further to the front like it does on the Tacomas and Tundras. Anyway, I figured out how to make some brackets (especially since I don't have any means of welding) to put it in the position I want. I have taken it all off and am painting the pieces I needed to be black. I will post them this afternoon after it all dries and I gt some work done. i just didn't want to leave you hanging.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:33 AM

Momo-

Sweet idea. Moving the plate forward was something I thought about as well, mainly to allow it to be seen better. Once i put the lift on, it actually helped quite a bit in letting the plate be seen. I'm excited to see what you do. Eventually I am going to have to rework my mounting a little anyway, just have no free time at the moment while trying to finish this master's degree...but the TRD blower and a bunch of engine work is going to be done late january when next semester starts...hoping to hit 350+ hp at the wheels...should be interesting, I've also spoke briefly with gadget about a custom URD kit for the 4.7L, so that will come into play as well. Again, glad to hear about your ideas on the plate. I'm sure it'll look real sharp on you rig...good luck.

Billy
Old 12-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Contributing Member

Here we go.....screw the work. I wanted to get this done and let you see it.

In this first pic you will see all the parts I used. for the bolts that go through the tow hooks, I used 1/2" x 2" bolts, along with the standard 1/2" washers. Since the 1/2" washers are too small and would pull through the tow hook, I placed a larger washer on either side of the hook. I painted all the washers for the tow hook end before I installed.

The metal strip was about 1 1/2" wide and about 1/4" thick. I got it at Home Depot in a four foot section. The crappy part was cutting it with a hack saw. I cut it to 8" sections and drilled 1/2" holes.

The bolts are 1/2" by 1 1/2" but I ended up cuting them down to 1" so there wouldn't be any sticking out the top.
Attached Thumbnails 4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's-pic-1.jpg  
Old 12-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Contributing Member

Here is the bracket installed.

On the tow hook end (from the bottom going up) I put one of the 1/2" washers on the bolt then on of the large washers, then pushed it through the hook. On the top of the hook, I put the other large washer, the bracket, another 1/2" washer, then the nut.

On the skid plate end of the bracket, I put the bracket under the skid plate, since you can't really se the underside. Then just put the (cut-down) bolt through the bracket and skid plate(from the underside) then the 1/2" washer and the the nut.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

Hopefully this isn't too painful......

After I got it all tightened up, I sprayed the bolts on the hook end so they didn't stand out. I didn't paint the nuts or bolts on the skid plate end since all that is silver.

With the brackets I made there are several ways to install. You can put the brackets on the bottom of the tow hook if you want more space. There are also to holes on each end of the skid plate, so depending on which holes you use, i will push it out or pull it in closer. (I used the two most inside holes.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's