03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

4th Gen Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th Gen Sliders

This is my '04 with FJ Cruiser sliders bolted on. The fit ok but you do have to drill and use nutserts to install. Of course you can also weld them. These were Factory FJ sliders. The first couple pictures are the installation hardware. The rest are so you can get an idea of how they fit.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:34 PM

Nice work. I've always wondered if you could do that with fj sliders. Do you have any pictures from a bit further away. Also, can they take the weight of the truck? can you use a hi-lift on them? how does the slider line up with the body of the truck? will it crush the weld seam, or line up and support the body?

Great work. Great rig.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
They look good on there Phil.
Your new rig is coming along nicely.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:41 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by dai_lo
Nice work. I've always wondered if you could do that with fj sliders. Do you have any pictures from a bit further away. Also, can they take the weight of the truck? can you use a hi-lift on them? how does the slider line up with the body of the truck? will it crush the weld seam, or line up and support the body?

Great work. Great rig.
I will get some additional pictures when I get a chance. As for lifting the vehicle with a HiLift ....no problem at all. The weld seem is fine and does not come into play at all. The Rocky Road set attaches to both the frame and body. I think this will be a reall problem becasue they should not be attached together in my opinion. The longer I have them on the better I like them. They look like they were made for it. Just my 2 cents.....
Old 01-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those really add a very nice look and functionality to your 4Runner.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Corey
They look good on there Phil.
Your new rig is coming along nicely.
Thanks Corey. I just got the rear ARB locker installed too. It is coming along. I hope to have the new upper control arms here next week. We are now a Camburg Dealer too and will be offering their products for sale as well as the ARB. Our New web site www.toyotaoffroadoutfitters.com will be launched next month. It is up right now but redirects to our other site. We will be offering alot of other offroad products such as Pett Toilet systems, The Source CO2 systems, a full line of Camping equipment, along with additional wheeling products. We have a new rear bumper available now for the '05 and up Tacoma's and are the exclusive supplier of it. they are manufactured locally by a company called RokTech which does custom fabrication work and has building competition Rock Crawlers for several years. Anyway just wanted to let you know of some of the up coming things we will be offering and I need to get you some information on the Banner for the new site. Give me a call next week so we can go over some of these things.....Take care
Old 01-29-2008, 05:53 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

They are not for real Hard Core wheelers but for lite trail riding they are fine. They have held up good on the FJ and should serve equally as good on this platform. By the way where are you guys in Belize? I was their last spring on a cruise. Also we have a lot of customers from there we ship to weekly. If we can ever do anything for you just let us know.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by strap22
Anyway just wanted to let you know of some of the up coming things we will be offering and I need to get you some information on the Banner for the new site. Give me a call next week so we can go over some of these things.....Take care
Sounds good Phil, will drop you a line.

The new store sounds cool too with the camping gear.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

As mentioned above we have a new outfitters site coming on line. For those that know www.TRDParts4U.com you can still order anything we sell there. We have the Pett Toilets, Cots, and of course all the other items from ARB, TRD, The Source CO2 bottles.....etc I will post an announcement when the site is up and running.