03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

4Runner lift: Rear X-REAS relocation

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt. Here is the response I got, signed only by "NE management". Feel free to laugh and point. I was going to add comments and/or visual annotations to the dumbest parts, but looking it over I simply would have been decorating every sentence, some more than once. Let's stop all the falsivity now ok?

It is too bad your perception of our products has been strayed by an unknowing mass on the internet. There are a TON of other people running our relocs on vehicles that all of you are unaware of, and to confirm their validity we will even tell you that Revtek has been working on their own design which is about to be introduced. They truly are a no brainer and you have NOTHING to worry about. We do check the forums now and then to see what is going on, and definitely do feel sorry that you have all been taken on the roller coaster ride created within these places. Not a single x-reas system has had any problems or failed due to any NE components, as incorrect installation has caused the ONE AND ONLY failure we are aware of.

That being said, legally we can no longer offer our refund policy that once existed. We have made many internal changes within the NE LLC Management to improve all aspects, and this issue of refund/returns was set in stone months ago. We do offer customers a direct swap of components if they have not yet been used, but in your case this is not an option either. Once the parts are bought, the deal is done. This is no different than any other buy/sell agreement you will ever encounter. Obviously you have not had ANY problems with your NE components, and we are betting you never will. It is only a matter of time before we will have many proving factors in regards to the quality and sustainability of our products. We wish you nothing but the best in your future plans. All of the falsivity on the forums we assume you are visiting will be put to rest very soon with very firm factual information.

NE Management
Old 02-27-2005, 09:49 AM

Thanks for posting this Will. I will be interested to see what the " very factual information" is that is coming "very soon".

Can anyone confirm the comments about a forthcoming product from Revtech? (sorry if I have missed an earlier post about this).
Old 02-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

SO much for all their balsy claims of refunds, will take care off you, etc.

One system failed and to my knowledge they did nothing, another one is about to fail, same story, one set of relocs were taken out due to concern, again nothing, now you, again .............. NOTHING!!!!

All I can say is give them hell and possibly cut your losses. TO anybody else just dont touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Again they were offered an opportunity to redeem themselves and as expected they messed it up AGAIN.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:03 AM

OK, my relocs are out, and now I understand some of the problems that were already obvious to everybody else (especially Lance ). Here are a few pictures.

In #1, this is looking at the left rear tire from under the spare. The shock is mounted on the reloc, and below is the original mount. Notice that the angle of the reloc mount is noticably wrong: it points up with respect to the original mount. This puts strain on the shock bushing.

In #2, notice the fluid on the reloc after removal. This evaporated quickly, and I have no idea what it was. Smelled like hydraulic, but I didn't find any obvious leaks. I'm also quite impressed with the healthy coat of rust after just a few months.

In #3 (this is the right side now), I've started backing the shock off the reloc, and you can see the mysterious fluid and the wrinkling on the bushng from the angle error if you look close. Now that I'm back on my original mounts the bushing appears normal, so I guess I got to it in time.

Anybody want some rusted, defective toilet paper holders?
Attached Thumbnails 4Runner lift: Rear X-REAS relocation-img_0855.jpg   4Runner lift: Rear X-REAS relocation-img_0857.jpg   4Runner lift: Rear X-REAS relocation-img_0859.jpg  
Old 02-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Banned

glad you got to it in time ... since you didn't find any fluid leaking on the shock itself, you should be okay, i'd think.

thanks for posting the pics.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by spblat
I'm also quite impressed with the healthy coat of rust after just a few months.
Yeah, I noticed an inordinate amount of rust on mine too, and this is in Arizona where 40 year old vehicles have little rust!
Old 02-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Banned

mine rusted within a few days. i figured it was just because i hadn't painted them before installation.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:50 AM

4th Gen 4Runner Winch & Grill Guard

Does anyone know who offers a grill guard that that can support a winch for the 4th Generation 4Runners? I am lookin to get one if possible within the next week and a half. There are plenty of "asthetic" grill guards but I was hoping ARB would offer one but I have yet to find one. If anyone's got some insight into this, let me know.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:52 AM
Contributing Member

No. you're gonna have to go custom front bumper. sorry
Old 03-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

The other option is on my bumpers when I upgrade... (no timeframe yet though... sorry)
Old 03-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Banned

ugh.

according to his newest update on his page, they'll be sending some parts to all of us with XREAS.

We have another new x-reas component to make our system even that much better for everyone running the NE re-locs which will be issued to all x-reas customers on us.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

Hey all you Nitrous Enterprises fans, join the Nitrous Enterprises fan club over at http://www.buyerbeware.ws for one heck of a good time and to keep up with all things Nitrous Enterprises.

BTW, I'm cross-posting this here because I figure that most people have given up on the 31-page NE Thread of Death by now.