Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stinger or no stinger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am almost completely caught up on my orders right now. My goal is to have a few on the shelf by the end of next week.

I will also be releasing more of a pointed stinger version for the same price this week. I promise that it won't block the headlights though.

Last edited by ScottyC; 07-22-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottyC
I am almost completely caught up on my orders right now. My goal is to have a few on the shelf by the end of next week.

I will also be releasing more of a pointed stinger version for the same price this week. I promise that it won't block the headlights though.
Hey Scotty I know this is off topic but have you considered making that rear bumper (89 4runner) with a spare tire carrier? I ask because I've beat the crap out of my MC rear and with all the cuts and mods I had to do to get it to mount on the runner (it came off a truck) it's needing to be replaced. I like yours and want to go that route but want a spare carrier as well.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Hey Junkers:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...arrier-162558/

I dont' know if Scotty is gonna make this a production model...eh, Scotty?
Old 07-22-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by BigBluePile
Hey Junkers:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...arrier-162558/

I dont' know if Scotty is gonna make this a production model...eh, Scotty?
I forgot all about that thread.

Scotty? I have money just burning a hole in my pocket.......
Old 07-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by BigBluePile
Get the stinger.

It makes a nice seat when your working in the engine bay. I'd go with the Addicted Offroad winch bumper. Small stinger that doesn't cover the headlights(which is illegal in some states-the whole headlight obstruction thing...).
I'm digging my Addicted front bumper! The fit is perfect and the lines match the frontend of the Toyota's nicely!

Old 07-22-2009, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkers88

I subscribed to that thread and am anxiously waiting for a price quote.....
Old 07-22-2009, 05:41 PM

I have seriously considered going production on it. However, after really looking at what would need to be done by the customer, its just not feasible. It would require shipping the bumper in six separate pieces that would definitely require welding. The problem comes in where I have to be able to trust someone else's welding to hold together my brain child. Its hard to do that and take out the "trust" factor. I just don't feel comfortable with it. However, I have no issue building one in-house on someones rig. I don't think I would put the "lambo" design into production on one though. Not that it doesn't work well, its just that the hinge is stupid expensive.

Anyway, that it in a nut shell.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 AM

I have seriously considered going production on it. However, after really looking at what would need to be done by the customer, its just not feasible. It would require shipping the bumper in six separate pieces that would definitely require welding. The problem comes in where I have to be able to trust someone else's welding to hold together my brain child. Its hard to do that and take out the "trust" factor. I just don't feel comfortable with it. However, I have no issue building one in-house on someones rig. I don't think I would put the "lambo" design into production on one though. Not that it doesn't work well, its just that the hinge is stupid expensive.

So instead of having the swing out swinging up you'd make it more of a traditional swing out? Man I'm in New Mexico so a run up to Colorado to get a bumper that will last at least as long as my rig isn't a big issue. If you think you'd actually be able to put one on the rig let me know. I'd also like you to ball park a price and time frame for me if you don't mind.

Laters!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:50 AM

So instead of having the swing out swinging up you'd make it more of a traditional swing out? Man I'm in New Mexico so a run up to Colorado to get a bumper that will last at least as long as my rig isn't a big issue. If you think you'd actually be able to put one on the rig let me know. I'd also like you to ball park a price and time frame for me if you don't mind.

Laters!
PMing you now!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 AM

PMing you now!
PM'd you back.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm,

I might be elk hunting out your way next fall, have to decide if I want to wait that long.

I understand your concerns,

Thanks,

Mike