Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

So you want to steal a 93 runner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i worked at a toyota dealership for a few years and there isnt alot of key combinations out there so you could prolly walk around a mall parking lot and find one urself u can take. gm is the same and hondas too.. my buddies have some hondas and they always jump in each others rides and move em' around and .
Old 05-16-2010, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by monizuki
Security cameras wouldn't have done jack for us...it was stolen in the store parking lot. It was recovered walking distance from the store. I suspect that while I was walking around looking for my truck that I was passing the *&%$'s car not knowing.

The car was bought whole sale from a dealership. It was not a private sale. The PO traded it in, and my husband, the car sales man, said that they had great credit and while I'm sure some criminals have good credit, most of them make a string of crappy decisions, so I'm really think they were stable. It sat at the dealership for awhile and then my husband bought it. I have personally been all over this truck, first looking for an oil leak and then changing it so it's more to my liking. I would be shocked to find out there's a key on it. It's been up on the lift at the dealership while we looked at brakes and shocks and all kinds of things...there's no key. But...maybe there's a key that is out there that opens it. What are the odds that the criminal guy has a toyota product and he decided to try it out on my crappy 4runner? I can not imagine he managed to some how have a crappier truck than me...how would it even be fun?
Maybe it's your husband playing a really bad joke on you?

Last edited by prorunner; 05-16-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if that happend to me i would have the locks changed out for sure n start using my club steering wheel lock.i own a 90 4r and a 92 truck the truck will start the 4r and with a little effort open the doors too