86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

So i finally gave in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
!UPDATED! So i finally gave in!

Been collecting all my parts for my lift and finally had some time this weekend to go ahead and dive in and do my list of parts starts off with:
1. BJ spacers for the front
2. LC coils for the rear
3. Skyjacker shocks:front#7054 and rear#7024
4. 4crawler pan hard drop bracket
5. Homemade LSPV brake thingie
5. Extended rear brake line(waiting for it to get here on Tuesday)
6. 1"Diff&Sway bar drop from 4crawler(that is on a build to order basis so waiting on that)

So I started at noon and ended at 5 wasn't bad considering all the work I had to do and this is my first 4wheeler I have ever owned. The only issue I ran into was the panhard rod. With the bracket installed I tried like hell to get that damn rod to align with the bolt holes and no matter how hard I tried the closer I got to getting the rod aligned the more it was throwing the rear alignment of track and this was hanging on the lift. I put it on the ground and no matter how much I tried to get it aligned it would still end up pushing out the right rear tire out way out of alignment. I ended up having to cut the panhard rod in half and stuck in a 3/4" rod inside the cut PH bar bolted both ends up and then from there I made sure that each fender was evenly lined up with the tires I used a plumb drop on each end and properly measured the space from there I proceeded to tack weld the rod into the right spot. Took it out and had a friend finished up the welding for me while I finished up the loose ends. Has anybody experienced this issue with drop brackets. Anyway my thoughts on this lift, I love the stance I think it's the way this 4runner should have come from the factory. The ride is definitely improved, was pretty leery about the shocks but they bolted up fine and are a much improve ride over the factory units that were in there since 95. Anyways it's late. I'll post the before pic right now and post up the after here in a little bit left the camera at the shop. Plus gotta get this thing aligned. I would like to thank you guys and everybody else on here for the wealth of info. To get my 4runner were it sits now.
Before:

After:

Under shot: With my homemade lspv bracket you can see where I cut the pan hard rod and tack welded a 3/4" rod and then filled it with some weld and grinded it down, painted it black, it's hard to make it out but there is a little bump in the middle of the rod.

Front fender! I took a 2x4 and marked the original spot of where the fender was at and with the BJ spacers it raised the front fender exactly 2.25" higher!

Rear fender! Same thing here I marked it where it originally sat and now with the LC coils it raised it exactly 4.5"

Side shot from the back!

Another shot for the win!

Now time to take it for firestone for alignment! Overall I'm happy at where it now sits, contemplating on taking off the running boards but I don't really offroad that crazy! Just wanted to put a little lift on it give it a little more of a rugged look and I think I got what I want out of it!

Last edited by n2o302; 05-24-2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Update!
Old 05-24-2009, 07:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Rock on! I also had a few hours this weekend to get my rig lifted and jumped right into it. You made a good decision in that you got all the parts you needed ahead of time. Now go lay them out and start turning wrenches!!!

Last edited by Junkers88; 05-24-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enjoy man. It's a fun project!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great. Nice tint on the front windows too haha.

Is it just me or does it seem like when people do the LC lift, the rear axle gets pushed forward a bit?
Old 05-24-2009, 11:44 AM

Thanks, Tubby, I'm actually going to get the rear windows tinted this week now that I'm looking at it the front I think needs to be lifted a little more not sure yet kinda like the rake but at the same time I think the front really needs to be lifted. Kinda thinking right now!
Old 05-24-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tubbyfatty

Is it just me or does it seem like when people do the LC lift, the rear axle gets pushed forward a bit?
I used to wheel Jeeps and when we lifted the coil sprung axles we would also use longer or adustable control arms to fix that issue. With the stock length control arms the more lift you have, the closer the rear tires will get to the front of the vehicle and the front tires will get closer to the rear of the vehicle. I was kinda shocked that nobody seems to offer extended or adjustable control arms for these 4Runners.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by n2o302
Thanks, Tubby, I'm actually going to get the rear windows tinted this week now that I'm looking at it the front I think needs to be lifted a little more not sure yet kinda like the rake but at the same time I think the front really needs to be lifted. Kinda thinking right now!
Na i think its perfect. You want the front a little lower then the back so the air will go over the top fo the truck instead under it and make it "wobbly"

I tinted the back 2/3rds of my runner. First time doing it, turned out well, i messed up in a few spots but i cant complain for $50 haha.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...indows-167037/

Last edited by Tubbyfatty; 05-24-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:52 PM

That came out great. Now you need bigger tires.
btw, is that a supra with >89 rear spoiler in the garage? I got one of those too.

Justin,
There is extended control arms for us. AllPro got them. They extended the lower 1 in. statically and adjustable upper. I'm using them now.

Last edited by anthony1; 05-24-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by anthony1
btw, is that a supra with >89 rear spoiler in the garage? I got one of those too.
That is actually my older brother's supra pretty fast might I add here's a pic of it. If you own one you must be on one of the Supra forums you might have recognized it!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:41 PM

That looks great.
I haven't been on the Supra forum that long.
Here's mine...definitely not as nice as your brother's.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:47 AM

Hey nice mach1 wheels my bro actually had cobra wheels on his when he was rebuilding his supra.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:01 AM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
NIce job man , looks great.
San antonio I use to live there long ago near I-10 and wurzbach.

Great City loved it there.

Congrats on the lift.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by anthony1

Justin,
There is extended control arms for us. AllPro got them. They extended the lower 1 in. statically and adjustable upper. I'm using them now.

Wow, I have never seen anybody running them. Kinda pricey for about $500 a complete set.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:08 PM

I thought it was pricey. They worked well so far. The weak part is the lower brackets themselves. I could've done the leaf swap in the back too but I like the ride of coil springs.
Unless you go to 860 coils, you don't really need it.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by n2o302
Hey nice mach1 wheels my bro actually had cobra wheels on his when he was rebuilding his supra.
It was a cheap alternate. Tires and rims for 400. I wanted to upgrade to 17x8 and they were available.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 PM

Hey I know this thread is old but I saw updated pics of your truck in another thread with new wheels and tires, what were they? I absolutely loved how it looked
Old 05-06-2012, 09:58 PM

They were 17x9 racelines renegade 6 w/ hankook rt03's in a 285.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:31 PM

Take off the running boards, looks better without them. Get some rock sliders also because they look good and protect your rig for the times you do go and play. Find a stock skid plate from the wrecker if you don't have one already and enjoy. I bet you get hooked after a few times out.

EDIT///

Did you do more work? merge the threads and lets see!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 PM

I would post up the last shots I had of her but for some reason it won't let me upload it to the gallery.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 PM

Here you go

I did buy some rocksliders but I ended up saving them for my 2door 4runner project. Hopefully I can finish that one up since school's finally out.

Quick Reply: So i finally gave in!