Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

please help im crying here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
redneck silicone detailing spray.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drove my 85 a long ways without an oil cap. I realized it when I got home and put about 1/2 a quart in it to fill it back up. I had stopped at the parts store to get some engine restore to add to it after changing the oil, popped the hood and poured the blue stuff in, shut the hood and was on my way. Found the oil cap still laying in my yard where it fell off the valve cover.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 PM

This almost seems like bad Karma from the last the thread you wrote on.. It was hilarious but take it to one of those car washes and clean her off but be very careful of the plug wires and dist. cap. and other electrical crap. I've only done it once before I took my plug wires off and was very careful.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i've had my engine and half my windsheld under water before so thats not a biggie sorry i use my snorkle lol and yeah i checked my oil before i left my house and i even tightend it to make sure it was not going anywhere and when i got there i would have sean the smoke show and the oil spill under the truck would have been bad to theres no oil where i parked at his house

and that sucks about the beamer i love them so sexy!!!! 98 m3 baby!!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:35 PM

and yeah i got everything i need and sorry i just read what i typed and boy was i off its not 175 for a case it was 75 for a case lol sorry guys but i found out thats a steal for this oil anyways gotta love getting thing at cost plus i got my new cap and drian plug and new filter cause why not theres nothing in there might as well do it right? and a bottle of mean green!!! so ima go to town on her tomorrow and take some more update pictures when im doing it to!!!

thanks for every thing guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What's that green stuff all over under the hood?
Old 07-10-2008, 06:08 AM

Just go back to where you turned around to get your laptop. Look on the road, on the side of the road...there will be a free oil cap laying there for you to use...
Old 07-10-2008, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by terrybo3
Just go back to where you turned around to get your laptop. Look on the road, on the side of the road...there will be a free oil cap laying there for you to use...
Sort of what I was thinking; first time in history anyone ever went through the trouble to just steal an oil cap & not even vandalize anything in the process.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hmmwv15
Drove my 85 a long ways without an oil cap. I realized it when I got home and put about 1/2 a quart in it to fill it back up. I had stopped at the parts store to get some engine restore to add to it after changing the oil, popped the hood and poured the blue stuff in, shut the hood and was on my way. Found the oil cap still laying in my yard where it fell off the valve cover.
Man, that brings back some memories.. When I had my '73 Econoline it was a total POS, needless to say the tranny slipped, so I used that Lucas Oil in it, no more slip! I also put some Trans-X in it, the engine smokes and I had completely burnt rings, so I used a can of 8 CYL engine restore for my Inline Six.. I tried EVERY fix it in a can, you name it, just fer the heck of it cause that motor had 340XXX on it and it was on its way out, I got 40k miles out of it, and I drove it like a Ferrarri too, nothin like 100mph in a van with no power steering, power brakes, AC, or a radio.. I had a footprint gas pedal, shag carpet, fuzzy dice, and a lead foot! Anyways enough of thread jack, the only fix it in a cans that work that I noticed are:

-Seafoam
-Lucas Oil Tranny Addative
-Engine Restore
-STP Octane Boost (Hehe)

Would I reccomend any of these, NO! I only use seafoam in my truck, Don't wanna screw anything up, my engines only got 40k on it.. Sean hows that Engine Restore workin in yer 85? You get yer body lift on?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:29 PM

well i cleaned her all up and shes running better then ever now!!!! but heres the new kicker i think i no who stole my cap.

here it goes.......... i was going to micky dees and this chick was yelling at me then i waited and she pulled out and i followed (in the car at that) and then shes yelled and told her to watch her mouth then she tried to hit my car and what not a few times come to find out guess who lives across the street from my buddy? that same bi#@h and she saw me park my truck there that day and she drives one of those cute little ricer thingys i think its a honda and her boyfriend would have known about the hood pins and how to do the oil cap cause they have to take theres off every like 5 miles to put in 55 quarts of oil but i think thats all hondas anyways thats what im thinking so if they give me any funny looks....... there so going to come out of there house with a runner parked ontop of there little cutesy car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and by the way the welded rear is fun in 4low with out the hubs locked drift every where!!!

and she runs like a top so sound at all and smoother then slik idle!!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:27 AM

Right is tight left is loose
Old 07-11-2008, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by just a 22re
well i cleaned her all up and shes running better then ever now!!!! but heres the new kicker i think i no who stole my cap.

here it goes.......... i was going to micky dees and this chick was yelling at me then i waited and she pulled out and i followed (in the car at that) and then shes yelled and told her to watch her mouth then she tried to hit my car and what not a few times come to find out guess who lives across the street from my buddy? that same bi#@h and she saw me park my truck there that day and she drives one of those cute little ricer thingys i think its a honda and her boyfriend would have known about the hood pins and how to do the oil cap cause they have to take theres off every like 5 miles to put in 55 quarts of oil but i think thats all hondas anyways thats what im thinking so if they give me any funny looks....... there so going to come out of there house with a runner parked ontop of there little cutesy car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and by the way the welded rear is fun in 4low with out the hubs locked drift every where!!!

and she runs like a top so sound at all and smoother then slik idle!!
Nah dude. Get a lonnng tow-strap (alot quieter than a chain), and either attach it to a cv axle or other frame point, or do it like me and throw it over then then under the car. Attach tow-strap to d-ring on your dodge cummins, throw it in 4wd, and drag that little POS down the road like a red headed step child. Just make sure you disconnect the now pile of scrap fiberglass before you get to the highway. You get quite a few odd looks that way.

Oh hey, stop me if you've already heard the story of how I almost wound up in jail for having a come-to-jesus-meeting with my sister's ex boyfriend
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 AM

nice clint if i had one i would use one!!!!!! but i dont so i think it would be funnyier if they came out and saw my truck on top of there car!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 AM

I guess locks on the hood pins are out as a future mod?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 AM

Lmao ^ I got the mental image of a rail road tie jammed through the hood with a hole drilled through the end so you could fit a pad lock on it. Hahaha
Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 AM

Thats actually not a bad idea...
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM

locks or a railroad tie?... or a locking railroad tie through the hood?
I guess you could stuff some 1" rebar up through the fenders and have holes drilled in the railroad tie so the rebar goes through it, and then 1/2" holes in the rebar to lock the railroad tie down.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:14 PM

wow no they make hood pins with a keyed lock bilt in so ill be getting them and doing that as soon as i can i just did a ipod mod though just look for it you know you wanna
Old 07-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SwampThing
Nah dude. Get a lonnng tow-strap (alot quieter than a chain), and either attach it to a cv axle or other frame point, or do it like me and throw it over then then under the car. Attach tow-strap to d-ring on your dodge cummins, throw it in 4wd, and drag that little POS down the road like a red headed step child. Just make sure you disconnect the now pile of scrap fiberglass before you get to the highway. You get quite a few odd looks that way.

Oh hey, stop me if you've already heard the story of how I almost wound up in jail for having a come-to-jesus-meeting with my sister's ex boyfriend
What happened? Never heard it, sounds funny!
Old 07-13-2008, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Trustyrusty
Sean hows that Engine Restore workin in yer 85? You get yer body lift on?
Ah, your gonna jinx me huh? So far I haven't had any problems with it. I have run it in my 87 4x4 also, and just started it in the DD not too long ago. What's up with it?

And yes I got my body lift on, had a buddy on ttora come over to help and it was on in about 3 hours, aside from the durn steering shaft...