Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

people in bc canada i have a red light camera question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so will i get points if i get a ticket in the mail?
Old 02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt16
...slow down... driving isn't a game, especially when you're driving a larger vehicle. You T-bone say a Civic and there's a good chance you'll do a lot of damage to someone...
X's 138475687628374

I've lost 2 good friends of mine to stupid drivers; not drunk or on any kind of medication, just bad-decision making drivers. I'm not saying you are a bad driver, I'm just speaking out. I'll admit that I can get carried away behind the wheel sometimes, but getting your license is not only a great privelage, but an enormous responcibility. In your little world that is the cab of your vehicle you can get too comfortable and forget that there's a lot of people out there on the road. But you also have to keep a close eye on all the drivers around you. Chances are that if you're actually talking to people about your driving, more importantly your mistakes, you probably do care about how you drive. The problem is those who don't care; there the ones you see pull out from a dead stop into traffic moving 60mph only 100ft away, or the ones that get 2 feet from someone's rear bumper cause the person in front of them is actually doing the speed limit, but they want to do the speed limit +5...

Point is, the worlds FULL of crazy drivers; watch and control yourself to not become one, and watch all the other drivers too so you don't fall victim to one

Personally on the trick of getting out of the ticket paying, I've always paid my infractions. I've been cited for speeding ( 80mph in a 60mph; I blame it on the wind, and the fact that I was 16 ), and one which you might not expect from me after that whole spill, careless driving ( comimg home from a g-friends house at 5am, fell asleep behind the wheel, went across the other direction lane, through a ditch, then through a fence; it was 5am, so no other vehicles were on the road, so I'm extremely fortunate for that ), and I paid them in full, cold hard cash in hand to the court house. The speeding ticket I took the driving class so I didn't get the points on my license, but the careless driving happened within a year of that, so I didn't have that option and had to take the point for that one.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gary96360
i couldnt see the camera because the intersection is like at a corner.i wanted to gun it but the person in front started to drive so slow, after the intersection, the person goes faster about 65. if i get a ticket u think that ill get 3 points.
Whos to you where driving? Perhaps your mom or dad borrowed it for the day?

good luck with your class5 test, I just got mine in january Its great to take that stupid N off and throw it in the trash.

Originally Posted by ebow951
None of them have film in them. In BC they're all digital!

I think they tell you in drivers classes, if you had time to tap the brakes, or if you had time to accelerate, you had time to stop. I got a ticket while I had my N, but those were the old rules before the two infraction lost licence stuff. You should find out within a month via the mail. Dunno how they'd deal with revoking your licence via mail? hehe Maybe they'll ask you drive on by to drop it off.
Haha, thanks. Talk aboot a blonde moment!!

Originally Posted by Matt16

I've never met a digital that did.
shaddup
Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by gary96360
yeah i was going too fast about 55km/h but i didn't want to lock up my brakes in the rain, my rear abs doesn't work.
i know how my brakes work so im not going to risk skidding into the intersection and get t boned. damn wet weather.
Not to bag on your driving... but Maybe you should slow down in bad weather...
More so that your brakes are the way they are.

Hope ya don't get a ticket... If so, Fight it. Tell them what you said here, If you had slammed on your breaks to avoid a ticket, You would have been in the middle of an intersection and risking an accident, Instead you kept going to be safe.

Last edited by 92yotarunner; 02-10-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:13 PM

i know where i live in texas, you only get a ticket if you pass the line on the pavement after the light turns red, if you are in the middle of an intersection turning and it turns red you should be fine.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 92yotarunner
Not to bag on your driving... but Maybe you should slow down in bad weather...
More so that your brakes are the way they are.

Hope ya don't get a ticket... If so, Fight it. Tell them what you said here, If you had slammed on your breaks to avoid the red light, You would have been in the middle of an intersection and risking an accident, Instead you kept going to be safe.
That won't fly. The yellow light lasts for longer than it should take to evaluate your ability to stop, decide to go or stay. The law says you are to stop at the yellow unless it is unsafe to do so (ie: stop unless you risk causing a rear ender. That is the letter of the law, and its assumed you are aware of it.

In his case, it would be argued that he should have been following at with enough distance to react and stop when the guy in front of him tapped his brakes. I like to leave enough distance between me and the car ahead that I can brake and easily stop if the car ahead were to stop instantaneously. That way, you'll still stop if you hit an oil slick, ice or loose gravel. Its much less stressful to drive like this and on my 40 minute daily commute, driving carefully takes an whopping extra 1-3 minutes, which is next to nothing.

Having your first accident (no matter who's fault) really changes your perception of driving. By the time you realize what's happening, you are powerless to stop it. Its a horrible feeling. I remember looking in the rear view mirror and seeing the two headlights of the speeding dumptruck that hit me getting wider apart in the mirror as he skidded towards me and knowing that he was as powerless as I was at that moment.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=Jay351;51055622]Whos to you where driving? Perhaps your mom or dad borrowed it for the day? /QUOTE]

i found out on the icbc site that u only have to pay for the fine. if you nominate a driver, that person gets the fine and 3 points. if i get a letter ill just rip it up, and hide from servers that try to give me the ticket.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 PM

hey matt16 i know that that was my fault that i drove like that but i would still fight over a ticket. no one wants to pay more money than you need to. that's why i stopped driving 20 km/h above the speed limit on the hwy so i wont get a huge ticket and i wont be a danger to society. people that drive 140+ are crazy. once i was with my friend in his mustang he went around a corner on the hwy and slid on purpose doing about 185. i freaked out.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
State side, if you enter an intersection on a yellow light, you have right of passage in that intersection. This holds true even if the light turns red and you are completing a turn across traffic with a green light. Of course, there are limitations in time, but I had a young kid hit my truck's rear rim (thank you for being lifted) and the police man confirmed the 'right of passage'.

You will learn on your own time to slow down and respect your vehicle and those around you. Like other's have said, I got a couple tickets, one was reckless driving. I owned up to my faults, paid my fines, and since have decided it's just not worth it. Three things keep me sane when driving safe...

#1 Speeding does not save much time at all, maybe a couple minutes
#2 Even your 'light' truck weighs 2,000+lbs. Hitting a person weighing 150 or less is not pretty. (Go check out on of those grotesque sites with real pics to see what I mean)
#3 It's been over 10 years since I got my last ticket (the reckless driving one) and my insurance is CHEAP, under $800 a year on a 2008 Yukon and my 87 4Runner. GAWD, I'm feeling old though!!

One other thing, if you want to slide around, and get some speed up, go off-road!! Well, not sure of your situation, but here in Vegas, there are a few miles of open desert to 'get the frustrations out'.

Take care of yourself out there!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JakeBhs09
i know where i live in texas, you only get a ticket if you pass the line on the pavement after the light turns red, if you are in the middle of an intersection turning and it turns red you should be fine.
also depends (in CA) if there is a limit line(where you need to stop) in addition to the cross-walk lines.

i fought my camera ticket and won
my big-ugly-useless Manik bumper was in the the intersection while my wheels had not yet crossed the line.
0.23 seconds red at the snapshot

the cop (whose job it is to review the pic AND video!) said i was in the intersection.
he had just argued an a encroachmnet (pedestrian) ticket and had stated that the bumper of that vehicle was intruding on the peds right of way and that the wheels were behind the line.
this is not clearly defined in the VC either.

so it was easy to justify that i was legally(w/the right of way) in the intersection, and therfore didnt not run the red light = dismissed! $374 saved!

GL