86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New '95 4runner!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New '95 4runner!

Well guys, I've been Yota-less since March. Its about time I got into another Yota. First and foremost I would like to thank my mother for loaning me 4/5 of the money so I could buy it! I love you!

Specs: 1995 4runner SR5, 22re 5spd, 126K miles, 2" bl, brand new Uniroyal 31x10.5" tires, Warn manual hubs, Loud intake, loud (kind of crappy) sounding exhaust (its got some rumble to it and is not TOO bumble-bee/fart can sounding). Had a ton of front end work done recently (brakes, steering, BJs, CVs, etc). No idea about timing chain or anything. Needs the valves adjusted. Havent gotten to look it over too much yet. Runs and drives fantastic and is so comfortable! No rust. Rear window kind of works (came off the track I do believe). Needs oil changed and probably tune-up.

How much did I pay?

I stole it at $2500

Pics
The Taco in the pic is my roommate's

If someone could tell me how to use Imageshack.com I would really appreciate it

Last edited by toyota4x4907; 06-30-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reload pics?
It sounds awesome but I can't see it!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:59 AM

Side pics please, I wanna see what them 31s look like with a 2 BL.

Looks like a sweet runner tho!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 PM

A few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails New '95 4runner!-4runner-005.jpg   New '95 4runner!-4runner-007.jpg  
Old 07-01-2009, 07:24 PM

looks nice! doesn't look bad with 31's and a 2" BL either! great buy!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:24 PM

Nice looking runner especially for the cool price of 2500
Old 07-02-2009, 08:20 PM

Yeah I got a great deal, especially for Alaska. Its SO comfortable and it looks really good, IMO. Its drives pretty awesome, the steering is a little loose when the wheel is centered. Its missing the piece that goes from behind the headlight to the air box so the intake is kind of annoying sounding. It sounds good..but also ricery. The exhaust piping is stock, but the muffler is aftermarket ( XL Performance?) and the tail pipe is like 2.5" with a good looking tip (not a ricery one). The valves need to be adjusted big time, haha. I was actually asked if it was a diesel today. The rear window is a little fubarred. The switch in the center console doesnt work (yes its not locked). It worked for like an hour yesterday. Also, the passenger side "guide" of the rear window came off the glass so its a difficult to get the window up. It just needs to be glued on or something, if thats possible. Its gray on gray, and one of the previous owners put some black vinyl looking stuff on the lower dash and a few other trim pieces. It looks way BA. And its nice and clean

The only real problem I have is the oil pressure. I have oil pressure, and its within the specs for driving/cruising, according to the oil pressure gauge. Its just on the low side, barely makes it to the middle of the "magic lamp" and only when I'm accelerating above 4K rpm, which I dont want to do because of the low oil pressure. I'm a little concerned because I'm going to be making a 250 (one way) mile trip with a lot of stuff next weekend. Could be the oil pump....could be nothing. And its pinging some, even after new plugs. I'll figure it all out in time

Last edited by toyota4x4907; 07-02-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:37 PM

I hear the oil pressure gauges are a little off. But i could be wrong.

Yea it looks good with a 2''bl and 31s''
Old 07-04-2009, 03:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Who needs oil? I mean, that's like an extra 8 pounds of weight that will hurt acceleration and gas mileage... and it's sticky, smells bad and stains the driveway. Not to mention it causes harm to the environment and kills polar bears, penguins and whales.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:02 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about doing the "remove oil cap" mod. I heard it makes you get better mpg and makes your truck run great. but no. The oil pressure is okay. Its never below the first mark unless the RPMs are below like 1500, which was the same with my '93. Its just it doesn't get as high of oil pressure as my '93 did (just below the second mark).

I almost got arrested yesterday. I was out by the river with my friends trying to blow up gummy bears with firecrackers. Got rolled up on by the airport police (the dike is airport property, cops dont care as long as we dont camp, dont drink and dont shoot guns). Like always, they ran the plates on the vehicles, found mine was reported stolen on Thursday. I bought it on Tuesday. They searched it for signs of breaking in and GTA. I had the title, not registered in my name yet though ( havent been able to get to the DMV and closed yesterday and this weekend). Then the dispatcher told them he/she misread the report and that the vehicle had been switched over to my name.heh.....

Then four of my friends and I went "wheeling" in my 4runner. Out a trail that was like 2 miles long and all down hill. Got a pretty scratch on the passenger side . I love this truck. 4 lo is so much fun. I never really had the chance to REALLY use 4 low in either of my other vehicles before. It was much fun. Pics later when my friend gets home that took the pics.

Today I fixed the rear window. I was able to put the guide back on and its staying so far. I took apart the switch in the center console. I had to ground the little contact to a different spot. I cut the ground wire in half (just in case I need(ed) to re attach it) and grounded it on the metal contacts where the little bulb goes. I dont need a light in the switch, besides it was burnt out anyways. Now I have power to my rear window and it works great. Also found the leak in my rear diff. Its just the drain plug.

Happy 4th everyone! Stay safe.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:02 PM

Actually it looks like the rear pinion seal is leaking too
Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 PM

I put in a new air filter and SeaFoamed her today. New air filter was much needed. I would have gone K&N if I had the money. A new paper one was $20 at NAPA (NOT a fram so its better ) K&Ns are like $45 at Schucks.

The SeaFoam was great. I think I need to redo it though. I let it sit for too long and it didnt smoke as much as before I turned it off after putting it in. Theres still like 2/3 the bottle in the tank so it'll continue to clean. The truck felt and sounded better after the SeaFoam and......and....The oil pressure is slightly higher . The first drive after I SeaFoamed it, the oil pressure actually got up to about 3/5 of the entire gauge, right below the second mark. Then I stopped at a stop sign and it was about down to what it was before but a little higher, and has been ever since. It gets higher when I'm driving than what it has been.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:29 PM

Finally got Photobucket to work:

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/l...4runner009.flv
Old 07-05-2009, 11:32 PM

Man, that thing is SWEET! I've been very unlucky finding a 2gen with the 22 and 4x4, regardless of the tranny. Lucky lucky man.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Originally Posted by toyota4x4907
Well guys, I've been Yota-less since March. Its about time I got into another Yota. First and foremost I would like to thank my mother for loaning me 4/5 of the money so I could buy it! I love you!

Specs: 1995 4runner SR5, 22re 5spd, 126K miles, 2" bl, brand new Uniroyal 31x10.5" tires, Warn manual hubs, Loud intake, loud (kind of crappy) sounding exhaust (its got some rumble to it and is not TOO bumble-bee/fart can sounding). Had a ton of front end work done recently (brakes, steering, BJs, CVs, etc). No idea about timing chain or anything. Needs the valves adjusted. Havent gotten to look it over too much yet. Runs and drives fantastic and is so comfortable! No rust. Rear window kind of works (came off the track I do believe). Needs oil changed and probably tune-up.

How much did I pay?

I stole it at $2500

Pics
The Taco in the pic is my roommate's

If someone could tell me how to use Imageshack.com I would really appreciate it

haha, nice dude. Your sig always made me smile... "Yota'ln Alaska yotaless" It was classic, but glad to see you back in another one. For a while, I feared you may have at some point choose to cross over to the dark side...
Old 07-13-2009, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels
haha, nice dude. Your sig always made me smile... "Yota'ln Alaska yotaless" It was classic, but glad to see you back in another one. For a while, I feared you may have at some point choose to cross over to the dark side...
Dark side, eh? As in Heep? Not after driving my sister's '08 Liberty. lol. That thing had more problems than both my vehicles at the time combined this winter. I don't think I will ever buy anything else. I'm going to keep this truck as long as I can. (who isn't, right?) but yeah I love it.

The low oil pressure thing is bothering me. I'm going to try 10w40 and see if it makes a difference because its been over 80 here the last 3 weeks. When I get a chance I'm going to drop the oil pan and see if maybe the pick-up tube is clogged or the oil pump is going. Now it also has an idling issue. its not that big of deal, just a little quirk.

She ran great this weekend. I drove about 662 miles all together, I think a little more actually because my tripometer is .05 of a mile off or so. Averaged 23 mpg. made about 240 miles in a little less than 2/3 tank. Better than my old truck!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Originally Posted by toyota4x4907
Dark side, eh? As in Heep? Not after driving my sister's '08 Liberty. lol. That thing had more problems than both my vehicles at the time combined this winter. I don't think I will ever buy anything else. I'm going to keep this truck as long as I can. (who isn't, right?) but yeah I love it.
as in anything other than a Toyota product
Old 07-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Haha yeah. My mom was trying to persuade me to get a different kind of vehicle, something newer because I was originally looking for another 1st gen. I even went and looked at a few..then WHAM :'95 22re 5 spd with LOW miles for cheap. My mom was happy. I'm happy. Perfect
Old 07-13-2009, 06:32 PM

I don't think it looks bad at all with that 2" BL. Looks good actually.

I think you paid a fair price for the vehicle.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:43 PM

yeah it looks pretty good. Looks worse in person. I want some 33x10.5s. Maybe in a few months.

Quick Reply: New '95 4runner!