86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

marlin crawler front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlin crawler front bumper

I looked everywhere on here. Does anyone have good pics of MC's front bumper? Google was no help. I want to puchase tomorrow. Also, a review would be awesome.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:34 PM

Make sure you call to place the order.....don't use the website to order, and make sure you ask about back-order, shipping, etc....
Great products but customer service is so-so, depending on who you get.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:07 PM

already know. I want the bumper ASAP, so if they give me any BS about back order its a definite no. Already talked to them last week about shipping.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered one and should have it by Friday if you can wait. I've never figured out how you can order from the website. I've never seen "order now", "buy now", "put in cart", or a "to place order" tab or anything.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by demonchild
already know. I want the bumper ASAP, so if they give me any BS about back order its a definite no. Already talked to them last week about shipping.
Oh. Maybe you can't wait. I ordered Mon 3/17. They told me it might be 2 weeks but possibly by Friday. In fact they did call me Friday 3/21 to tell me it was in and that I should have it by Wed or Thur 3/26 or 3/27. Not sure what you mean by BS. I'm sure they don't just keep 4-5 of these hanging around on the rack constantly.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by demonchild
I looked everywhere on here. Does anyone have good pics of MC's front bumper?
A few here.. https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...bumper-132804/
Old 03-24-2008, 06:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think marlins bumper is the strongest and best designed bumper on the market....you will NOT be disappointed!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:14 AM

I checked all the links & all the links in the links that have been provided & not one single Marlin Crawler front bumper was pictured
Old 03-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Rec'd it today
Old 03-25-2008, 10:32 PM

Old 03-25-2008, 11:17 PM

I ordered a MC front bumper for my 86 4runner a month or two ago. UPS dropped it off two days later (keep in mind it's only from Fresno, CA to San Diego, CA). The only real complaints I have is that only 2 bolts holes really lined up. Only 2 lined up, but with a large crowbar, a few hours and a good ammount of cursing I managed to get 6 bolts to line up. I would of understood if the 4runner has been in a crash, but this one has not. In hindsight I should of just took the bumper off and used a file or dremel to enlarge the holes, but it's too late now. I didn't want to pay $600-$1000 for a custom, one-off bumper so I got this one for $400 and other then those two issues it hasn't dissapointed me yet. Hope this helps.

Last edited by strykersd; 03-26-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:00 PM

They said I should have the front bumper in a couple of weeks but I do get the rear one tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by BLKNBLU
Rec'd it today
Sweet. You gonna have it installed by this weekend? Stinger or no stinger?
Old 03-28-2008, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by AZ4ME
Sweet. You gonna have it installed by this weekend? Stinger or no stinger?
Maybe for this w/e if I can get it painted but I got a long honey do list today and I've got to get my camping **it together for CK. Just wiped it down so it can dry while I'm doing this. No stinger.

Pics

Old 03-28-2008, 01:12 PM

Quite a few on Marlin Crawler's forum board
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39010.0
Old 03-31-2008, 03:34 PM

Well I got it on and there are a few action pics in this thread
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f66/...9-08-a-141415/

As far as fit I had the same problem as strykersd in that the bolt holes didn't line up well at all. I had to hog out a couple to make it fit and I still have a couple not installed yet. The turn signal location is kind of goofy looking too. In all though it's a good start and can be "fixed" to what I want eventually.

Poser pics

I have one more to show the misalignment of the holes but imageshack just crapped out on me so I'll try later or tomorrow.

Also truck has a 1 inch BL as pictured
Old 03-31-2008, 03:43 PM

So how far off are the holes? I personally think that's kind of sad. They must not use a jig or maybe they are all about production and don't let it cool on a jig. I think for $400 the holes should line up though. Does anyone know if their rear bumper has the same issues?

Also about those turn signals, (Im sure you've though of it) you could convert your running lights to also be the directionals and just cut those little tabs off. The signals are in kind of a wierd orientation but I don't think there was much of a better way to do it and still have them visible. Hard to tell without one sitting in front of me.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Luvmeye22re
So how far off are the holes? I personally think that's kind of sad. They must not use a jig or maybe they are all about production and don't let it cool on a jig. I think for $400 the holes should line up though. Does anyone know if their rear bumper has the same issues?

Also about those turn signals, (Im sure you've though of it) you could convert your running lights to also be the directionals and just cut those little tabs off. The signals are in kind of a wierd orientation but I don't think there was much of a better way to do it and still have them visible. Hard to tell without one sitting in front of me.
A good 1/4 inch off, maybe more. I agree, it's not OK but you find yourself asking which is more hassle, fixing locally or returning and negotiating with the vendor? Sonoran Steel (who will eventually fix mine) quit the bumper business because there are too many variables between trucks. He will now only build them on the truck. Let me also say that in my case I decided to just go ahead with the bumper I received and did not contact Marlin at all so they have had no chance to respond to this. As far as the turn signals, I have not decided what to do with them but the running light mod is certainly in the mix.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by BLKNBLU
A good 1/4 inch off, maybe more. I agree, it's not OK but you find yourself asking which is more hassle, fixing locally or returning and negotiating with the vendor? Sonoran Steel (who will eventually fix mine) quit the bumper business because there are too many variables between trucks. He will now only build them on the truck. Let me also say that in my case I decided to just go ahead with the bumper I received and did not contact Marlin at all so they have had no chance to respond to this. As far as the turn signals, I have not decided what to do with them but the running light mod is certainly in the mix.
Ok that is a little far off, I do understand the variables associated though, and meant no foul word towards Marlin really, it just kind of suprised me. It doesn't look like it made the bumper sit crooked on the truck so fixing the holes wouldn't be much of a problem. I'm a little spoiled because I work at a welding shop and could fix it pretty easily . I would still order it without a problem knowing the holes may not line up because most places couldn't touch the quality of that bumper at the same price. The only reason I can't build my own is because all we have at our shop is pipe benders and exhaust benders that just wouldn't be up to the task. I sure wish I had access and education with a mandrel bender.

I think the running light swap is key for that bumper. For some people it'd be looks, for me it'd be to keep the cops away lol.

Last edited by Luvmeye22re; 03-31-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Luvmeye22re
Ok that is a little far off, I do understand the variables associated though, and meant no foul word towards Marlin really, it just kind of suprised me. It doesn't look like it made the bumper sit crooked on the truck so fixing the holes wouldn't be much of a problem.

I would still order it without a problem knowing the holes may not line up because most places couldn't touch the quality of that bumper at the same price.
I didn't take your post as a slam on Marlin, but I did want to get the info out there about what to expect for anyone reading this thread down the line. The bumper fits on the frame perfectly and looks fine. It's just about the holes not lining up. I was also considering All Pro but I went with Marlin due to price ($50 cheaper) and I like the receiver mount on the Marlin.

Quick Reply: marlin crawler front bumper