86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior Cleaning Solution?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Cleaning Solution?

I recently bought a 1991 runner, and the outside is in very good shape, never even taken offroad . Bought it from a lawyer who used it as an aux vehicle...very clean 22re, smooth tranny, nice paint etc...minor blemishes. Anyways, the inside had dogs and stuff in it, so its all stained and whatnot. the dash isnt cracked and the headliner is immaculate, but the seats are filthy and stained. Now, I dont think I can remove everything, and I might just end up getting custom seat covers anyhow, but for the carpet/cloth seats, is there a preferred, or recommended cleaner? I want to get everything out of the carpets that I can, and should I decide not to use seat covers, I want them clean .

Thanks all!

-Jackson
Old 10-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Pull out your seats, spray all the stains with a real good stain lifter and let it set. Then get a carpet cleaner with an attachment and try to scrub them out. Or you could always take it to a detailing shop and have them do it.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Upholstery

Originally Posted by fonseca
I recently bought a 1991 runner, and the outside is in very good shape, never even taken offroad . Bought it from a lawyer who used it as an aux vehicle...very clean 22re, smooth tranny, nice paint etc...minor blemishes. Anyways, the inside had dogs and stuff in it, so its all stained and whatnot. the dash isnt cracked and the headliner is immaculate, but the seats are filthy and stained. Now, I dont think I can remove everything, and I might just end up getting custom seat covers anyhow, but for the carpet/cloth seats, is there a preferred, or recommended cleaner? I want to get everything out of the carpets that I can, and should I decide not to use seat covers, I want them clean .

-Jackson
Have it cleaned by a local Carpet Cleaning Outfit , they have handheld extractors that they can use to clean and will do the best job , may want to remove seats if stains are in real tight spots as well .
Also the same or another company can use a die and stain your carpet and or upholstery also , have to go darker of course to hide stains but that is yet another alternative to a complete interior renovation
Old 10-27-2007, 12:42 PM

Ya changing out the carpet shouldn't be that expensive, I changed the carpet a few years back in one of my cars. It came molded to fit, think I only paid $130
Old 10-27-2007, 12:44 PM

Haha, thanks guys, i was trying to do it myself for cheaper Maybe Ill man up and take it in...or just buy floor mats and seat covers . So many options haha
Old 10-27-2007, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by fonseca
Haha, thanks guys, i was trying to do it myself for cheaper Maybe Ill man up and take it in...or just buy floor mats and seat covers . So many options haha
No problem!
Old 10-27-2007, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ah yeah its time for me to get new carpet, seats redone, and dash pad replaced. the carpet is in immaculate condition, dark blue, but on the driver side RIGHT before the pedals, where the heels of my feet go, is all chewed up and ripped down to the rubbery surface the carpet is attached to. if you replace the carpet, let me know how it turns out. seats also.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
9 steps to clean carpet.... If u 1. remove the seats-kickpanels-console-etc. 2.the carpet should come right up.3. Lay it out in the driveway wet it good with a water hose. 4.get some degreaser i usually get the purple power from wallmart. 5. pour it all over the carpet alittle more on the bad spots.6. get a stiff brissel wheel brush again from walmart. i get the green one with yellow brisles.7. scrub the h-e double hockey-stcks out of it go up-down right-left it will come clean.8. spray it all out with waterhose. 8. hang it up to dry. 9. reinstall and it will be like mint cond. I have done it many times but it is well worth it.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ydopen
9 steps to clean carpet.... If u 1. remove the seats-kickpanels-console-etc. 2.the carpet should come right up.3. Lay it out in the driveway wet it good with a water hose. 4.get some degreaser i usually get the purple power from wallmart. 5. pour it all over the carpet alittle more on the bad spots.6. get a stiff brissel wheel brush again from walmart. i get the green one with yellow brisles.7. scrub the h-e double hockey-stcks out of it go up-down right-left it will come clean.8. spray it all out with waterhose. 8. hang it up to dry. 9. reinstall and it will be like mint cond. I have done it many times but it is well worth it.
3 step program :
Remove seats
Call Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner
And let dry

HEHEHE
Old 10-27-2007, 11:16 PM

Haha, yeah ozzie, Ill let you know and post pics for sure, I think I might just replace the carpet, and maybe get something like this; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-...ayphotohosting

There was a site that ahd customer covers, they looked really killer, I thought it was perfectfit.com but i guess not. Ill have to try to dig it up. My dash and doors are perfect . Ill take pics when I get it back from the shop on monday.