Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need someone to help...i wanna sell the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need someone to help...i wanna sell the truck?

Ya know..im 19. I had a group of guys i go wheeling with. They are all a littleolder than me, 25,27,29,24. Well....One of them got out of it all together, the other has nothing to wheel and doesnt plan on getting anything. The third has 3 kids, and his jeep is broken...and the 4th is broke as hell and in the middle of a motor swap thats never going to get done. Here I am,19...driving a huge truck and i dont get to wheel! I woudlnt mind driving my truck all the time if i got to use it. but i have been offroad once since i got the truck 4 months ago..and before that, i hadnt been offroad since i had my wrangler in april. We just never go. I gues sim not seeing the point of driving a lifted truck, and not using it for what its built for. Am I wrong for this? I love my truck, and i love wheeling...But it just doesnt seem worth it to drive this gas guzzler and use it for nothing more than driving it on the streets. Help me guys...this is killing me. I feel like if i sell the truck im going t regret it...but i also feel im spending a lot of money in gas to drive a vehichle i dont need.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could try making a trip planning thread on here and seeing if any NJ guys are also looking for wheelin buddies, just an idea. I'd hate to see you sell the truck, it looks like you've put way to much work into it to just sell it.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:58 PM

Yea I know...I dunno man. I just kind of got bored with it and want something else. I could sell my truck in a heartbeat on here....its built great and was takin care of.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whats wrong with finding someone to go with you in your truck? granted if you get stuck theres no one to help, but maybe keep it and wait.

drive a beater car, and keep the truck!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Contributing Member

Take your truck, and move to Cali. There's 35 million people here, and I'm sure there's AT LEAST 1 that would want to go wheeling with ya.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:20 PM

hah amoving isnt an option guys. Tell yu the truth..I just do a lot of driving and a lifted truck isnt good for that. I love the truck...but I dont wanna keep it and drive a beater.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:23 PM

can i ask why?

i mean, when its raining, you know your gonna wanna take the truck.
or snow for that matter.
what about trips. camping? anything?
who says its gotta be wheeling?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by stormin94
Take your truck, and move to Cali. There's 35 million people here, and I'm sure there's AT LEAST 1 that would want to go wheeling with ya.
with all the illegals, 35 million is wrong lol.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Contributing Member

Well, a very decent commuter car (nothing bad looking, or ricer) can be very easily had for $1200 or less. I've found many cars for under $400, but they needed some minor mechanical work. If you're mechanically inclined to do so, and you have the time then you could get a nice commuter car, and keep the truck, too. Check the classified ads in your local paper for the Mechanic's special, or Rebuilders. I'd say an easy 90% of them are an EASY fix. But if that's not for you, then you sleep on it, and you can still drive your truck through the winter, and wait till spring time to figure it out. Who knows, your buddy might finally get his engine swap done by then. Just tryin to help ya.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by infiltrator
with all the illegals, 35 million is wrong lol.
True.....but how many of them can drive???

Correction, how many of them are ALLOWED to drive?

Ok, then there are about 60 million people here, + or - 10 million
Old 11-25-2007, 11:32 PM

ive seen most all the stuff youve done to your truck from the seats, to the painting on the inside. you cant sell it man, its just hte late night talking to ya lol.

my mom bought a 1986 toyota camry with 100,000 miles mint condition for $1700 and this is in L.A. my friend.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:34 PM

that sounds about right lol. my gf got into an accident with one of them (minor scratch on her car) and the "illegal" didnt have insurance or anything, so my gf said if you dont give me 300 bucks im calling the cops (she got something like 240, and her car is fine i checked it out lol!!!) if she does choose to fix the little scratch its only gonna be like 40 bucks or less to buff out
Old 11-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Contributing Member

that sounds about right lol. my gf got into an accident with one of them (minor scratch on her car) and the "illegal" didnt have insurance or anything, so my gf said if you dont give me 300 bucks im calling the cops (she got something like 240, and her car is fine i checked it out lol!!!) if she does choose to fix the little scratch its only gonna be like 40 bucks or less to buff out
It should be MUCH less than that for one scratch. High speed buffing is SOO easy, you have no idea. and It really doesn't take that long to do a whole car (except for Suburbans) usually less than 30 minutes to do a whole car.

I pay the extra $15 on my insurance to have the "uninsured motorists" coverage. most of them try to hit and run. I've had that happen to my 4Runner in a Safeway(well, for So Cal, that's VON'S) parking lot. They backed into my bumper, and stuffed my trailer hitch right through their tail light, and dented their trunk. The worst I got out of it was a small dent (about the size of a small Tootsie roll) and some paint on my hitch.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:51 PM

thats cool, i love our 4runners cuz they are all metal. you can throw a damn fridge magnet on there and it will stick like glue.

lol vons. yeah its all the same stuff.

thank god ive never had an accident. nothing. L.A. is a crazy place to drive thats for sure.

have you heard of a guy named yotaman up there by any chance?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Contributing Member

have you heard of a guy named yotaman up there by any chance?
From what city? Is that a guy on YT, or myspace, or something?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:56 PM

its a guy who has a shop up there i think, his specialty it only yota trucks.

im saving up to take my truck up there to him and get a brand new 3.4 and another 200,000 miles
would you say 4-5g's is enough?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member

its a guy who has a shop up there i think, his specialty it only yota trucks.

im saving up to take my truck up there to him and get a brand new 3.4 and another 200,000 miles
would you say 4-5g's is enough?
Oh, I think I've heard of him. I think 4-5g's is more than enough. I'll look for more info, tho.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:59 PM

yeah, if you hear/find out anything it would be more than appreciated
Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 AM

go pick up a car for free or like 100bucks on craigslist with a blown HG or something else that isnt too incredibly hard to replace but would make a car free like that. Then drive the car for the MPG's and use it untill it dies, then keep the truck for weekends go play, you dont need other vehicles just bring a friend with you. Since your on 36's i dont think you worry too much about getting stuck while just playing around
Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Drama Queen/Banned

I don't know why people say "buy a cheap car" by the time you factor in insurance, upkeep etc you will be able to put fuel in your truck for another few years without the hassle of owning two cars. False economy is you ask me, if your not feeling it then its time to move one to something else.

BTW I'm also pondering selling my truck because I want a late 90's Prelude

Quick Reply: I need someone to help...i wanna sell the truck?