86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Here we go again!! Got another Yota!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here we go again!! Got another Yota!!!

Hey everyone!! Some of you might remember me from before.. if not i used to have a pretty nice 91 sr5 extra cab that i let go so i could get the ZR2 S10 thats listed in my sig..

Ive always kinda been wanting to get another one since getting rid of the last one.. Buddy of mine works at a mower shop and this old man that owned this thing always got his mower serviced there.. One day he told my buddy that the wife and him were thinking of getting rid of the old Toyota soon and for him to tell a few of his friends.. So Chris tells me about it and I like, Hell ya I'm interested! So we went the next Saturday after I got off of work to check it out.. It deff has a little bed rust, and did have a suntune tach from the 80's, and a visor, and a bull bar, but I can see right past the grampa add-ons..

He was asking $1500 for it and I ended up driving away with it for $1300... Since that day I got it to the dealership that i work at and I feel I got a hell of a deal!.. As far as I know I'm the 3rd owner.. The man before me owned it for 16+ yrs he said!! All it did was move boat projects around his yard and for other misc errands and yard work.. It has 192xxx on the clock.

After getting her up in the air and checking everything out I've found...

famous exhaust manifold leak...
LR Wheel cylinder leaking...
front and rear brakes...
pitman loose..
left inner tie rod...
right outter tie rod...
no a/c..
o2 sensor fault..
and shifters were not extended correctly when the body was lifted..

Things I've done so far...

byebye nerf bars and mudflaps!!
see ya high rise toolbox..
peace outt 25yr old tach...
removed the dash mat..
2.5in bj spacers and installed new frontend parts..
found yellow fog light covers under seat while cleaning and put those back on.. looks wayy better..
sanded and painted wiper arms..
retro fitted in a regular depth low profile toolbox - itll do for a beater truck!!
& lots of cleaning..

Things that supprised me so far..

how well this little thing runs..
how there's still an original looking paper sticker in door jam with vin printed on it...
how the spare tire tool kit is still all together..? ---Roll up toyota canvas bag and all...---

Things planned for the future...

Header
flowmaster
wheels
sr5 buckets or just nice buckets out of some other vehicle that look nice...
install head unit
custom center console sub box that will be built by local car audio shop..

Anyways here she is! Its not much, but I'm super stoked to start driving this thing for some reason!!

just after i got it!

damn hitch completely rusted in!

STAY TUNED!!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love these 2ng gens, wish i had my 87 back and for 1300 u got a hell of a deal! cant wait to see this one, lose the BL.....
Old 03-25-2012, 06:44 AM

Did you get the hitch out? I've got one like that.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a screaming deal for a running driving Toyota, how much body lift does it have?
Old 03-25-2012, 08:34 PM

Yea, the hitch reluctantly came out... Rosebud tip on the torches, get receiver nice and glowing and get to whacking.. Your most likely gonna ruin the nut on the bottom of your old ball BTW.. Oh, and then depending on how bad it was rusted in, a little chiseling might be needed, so new hitch can fit nicely.

It has a three inch body lift unfortunately... Ive never installed a body lift on anything I've owned because 1) Its cheating, and 2) their ugly!! I don't think ill be removing this one anytime soon tho..

Update after a much needed bath... And a few more items removed..

REASON #1 i feel this thing Is untouched/ has had an easy life... Looks to be a sticker from the factory, made of paper and survived 24 years...??

REASON #2 factory tool pouch, with all the goodies...??

New to this truck toolbox.. Ghetto mounting by me.. Its gonna get the job done for now!

New hitch installed! Got a free rattle can powder coat job done as it was cooling off from being heated up!!

Painted wiper arms.

NEXT STEP.. tint, bj spacers, alignment, wheels and blackwall's out, and get old spare flowmaster welded into place..

Stay tuned!