86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fun Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fun Stuff

So, I haven't been on here in a while. Been keeping pretty busy, haven't had more than a weekend or two to spend on the ST2.5, but the beast is coming along. Finally got the old cab ripped all the way off and sold the old 22r for $400. Sold the trailgear ps pump with a $40 tractor supply hydraulic ram and some line for $700 as a hydraulic assist setup. Bought a donor 86 for the cab for $200, but ended up getting the whole truck, so I sold that motor for another $400. I gotta say, I've made way more money than I've sunk into it so far, this time around.

But anyways, we've got the 350 a purrdy and built up. Ended up with a mild build. Used that gen II sbc block, some keith black flattop pistons, 465 lift 282 dur roller cam perfect for 1500-3000rpm, 200# valve springs, high flow water and oil pumps, camel hump heads, some other random whatnots and all. I did happen to get a 12 and 14bolt for free, so now the ST2.5 is getting tons alooooot sooner than planned. So now unfortunately i've gotta buy new 8lug 16.5 rims to mount some 38" military tires my buddy has waiting (not sure what type, but he said they've got about 90% tread). We decided to mount the rad remotely in the tube bed, so now we've gotta make some mods to the bed.

Think so far I'm only about $700 in for the 350 to toy tranny adapter and clutch disk and whatnot, new cab, and various motor parts. But anyways, that's about it for updates. Still got a lot of work to do, and not alot of chances to make it up there to my buddy's property to work on it. Especially with the new fabrication business we're gonna be starting up here before too long. I left the damn digital camera up there in Hye, so I won't have any teaser pics for yall until next weekend.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Pics or didn't happen.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Pics or didn't happen.

x2 haha.

Sounds like its gonna be a BEAST!
Old 07-10-2009, 02:24 PM

I wana turn my truck in to a chevota, 383 stroker dana 60's front and rear turbo 400 trans with B&M shift kit e locks front and rear,Mmmmm a man can dream!
Old 07-10-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Pics or didn't happen.

Yeah yeah yeah. I know. Pics probably a week away unless my buddy can figure out how to upload them. And nothing against him, but unless it is powered by internal combustion, he just isn't gonna bother with it. Only pic I got was when we pulled the motor like 3 or 4 weeks ago:

Originally Posted by Tubbyfatty
x2 haha.

Sounds like its gonna be a BEAST!
That's the hope. I had planned on my yota axles taking a severe beating, but since my buddy bought that truck for the motor and has no use for the 12 and 14bolt axles, I just lucked out and got some tons for free. Only thing that has a chance (and a good one at that) of grenading is the tranny. And at last count, we have at lease 5 yota trannies laying around lol. But a gm nv4500 is definitely in the future plans.

Originally Posted by OregonOfroad
I wana turn my truck in to a chevota, 383 stroker dana 60's front and rear turbo 400 trans with B&M shift kit e locks front and rear,Mmmmm a man can dream!
Yeah I'll eventually do a dana 60 up front, but you can't say no to free stuff. Those 383s are smoking, would have turned this one into, but I couldn't find a 400 crank for cheap. And I just cannot stand an auto, so that's why we're sticking with the yota trannies until I source a cheap nv4500.

I haven't really ran into an snags so far other than than fubaring two pistons when I was putting the rods in. Damn wrist pins were wet and clenched the rod up after I heated it to put em together. Was pissed there. That and I know I'll be running into a few snafu's once I start trying to do a custom tranny tunnel and start jacking with the fenders. Wish I could have found a 4wd cab, but a whole 2wd truck for $200 couldn't be passed up.

Last edited by SwampThing; 07-10-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice! Im glad you are rebuilding. Faster, stronger... you have the beernology
Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 AM

Well plans have changed again. Since we got the cab off, we've decided we're just gonna tube it out and go full buggy. Taking off the tube bed and gonna redo the entire thing. So if anyone wants the 2wd 86 single cab p/u with a 5spd and 22r, drop me a line. $200 to any yotatech'er.

Gotta build another motor though. My buddy got a real bad knock in his 305 he has in his yoter, so I gave him my 350 I just built. So I'm just gonna build up the 350 that's in the 12/14 bolt donor that's in the background of this pic:

Two steps forward, and 4 steps back. Well not really back, more 4 steps sideways lol. Just gotta wait for the tube bender we bought to come in. I'm really excited about us making the tube body. His dad makes modified tube chassis for circle track race cars, so when he said, "why don't we just build you a body that'll survive a 200mph roll?" I went "Whoa... We're gonna need a whole hell of alot more tube!"
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Got flex?

Lol
Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 AM

Last pic with body still on:

And the difference between the yota stock bellhousing compared to the advanced adapter 350sbc to yota tranny bellhousing:

Big dang difference...
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SwampThing
Well plans have changed again. Since we got the cab off, we've decided we're just gonna tube it out and go full buggy. Taking off the tube bed and gonna redo the entire thing. So if anyone wants the 2wd 86 single cab p/u with a 5spd and 22r, drop me a line. $200 to any yotatech'er.

Gotta build another motor though. My buddy got a real bad knock in his 305 he has in his yoter, so I gave him my 350 I just built. So I'm just gonna build up the 350 that's in the 12/14 bolt donor that's in the background of this pic:

Two steps forward, and 4 steps back. Well not really back, more 4 steps sideways lol. Just gotta wait for the tube bender we bought to come in. I'm really excited about us making the tube body. His dad makes modified tube chassis for circle track race cars, so when he said, "why don't we just build you a body that'll survive a 200mph roll?" I went "Whoa... We're gonna need a whole hell of alot more tube!"
niice man, nice.

I should fly to texas for that truck... Think it would make it back?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:28 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
SWAMPY !!!

Good to still see you around buddy

Old 07-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels
niice man, nice.

I should fly to texas for that truck... Think it would make it back?
Probably not seeing as how the motor isn't running atm. No idea whats wrong, just bought it for the cab lol. Definitely a bring your own trailer sale.

Originally Posted by scuba
SWAMPY !!!

Good to still see you around buddy

Thanks Scuby. Yeah just been busy as heck, not much time to play around on the computer.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:54 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
I feel ya..

Guess what .....

GUESS GUESS GUESS...

Ok ill tell ya

I BOBBED MY BED !!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 PM

No kiddin? Niiiiiiiice. Linky?

Guessssss what. I hauled all the rocks away that they piled up in front of devil's den away. Let me tell you, that place is boring after 2+ years of no significant rainfall...
Old 08-31-2009, 09:02 AM

Anyways, a sneak preview:

Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
That thing is really tall...
Old 08-31-2009, 09:49 AM

Looks like a fun project! Wacha gonna do with them 6 lugs and tires??????? Sure could use em!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scuba
I feel ya..

Guess what .....

GUESS GUESS GUESS...

Ok ill tell ya

I BOBBED MY BED !!

I have been waiting for YEARS to say this.

Pics or it didn't happen.

No pics no proof.

etc.

Last edited by Junkers88; 08-31-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SwampThing
No kiddin? Niiiiiiiice. Linky?

Guessssss what. I hauled all the rocks away that they piled up in front of devil's den away. Let me tell you, that place is boring after 2+ years of no significant rainfall...
Devils Den... is that located in San Antonio? There was a Devils something-or-other that I was supposed to take my Scout into via an access behind a little 4x4 shop but never made it in there.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:11 AM

It's really tall cause of the 3" body lift we had to put on to clear the bellhousing, and carb, without having to do stupid amounts of work to the firewall and tranny tunnel to make it fit. Only cutting I had to do was a little in the back to fit the distributor, and a 3rd hole in the cab for the dual tcase.

Tires and rims going to stay on it for a while until we get a chance to throw the 1tons under it and make some drive shafts. Then those tires and axles are going under a 1st gen 4runner once I find one for super cheap.

Have some good clearance between the crank pulley and the rad, since we did an electric fan. The small block 350 looks like it belongs there, it fits perfect...

And here in a month or so, the cabs coming off to do a full tube buggy / f toy lol. But it's nice to actually get SOME work done on it, and have it back out on the road again.

Quick Reply: Fun Stuff