86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Building a turbo set up for my 3vz...help me out

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DIRT CLOD
I want to SAS my rig but I havent the time or money....any solid axle swaps done on a budget?
my v8 toyota i did it for around $450 with marlin crawler springs and a wrecked 85 donor ..just look in junk yards its a hard find i got lucky
Old 02-18-2009, 07:58 PM

IMO, i have driven turbo and supercharger cars...

turbos are way friggin sweet, my dad has a jetta turbo 5spd M/T, and the lag is awesome
hes got a 1.8 litre engine and he can smoke cars with twice his engine size. Its a rather peppy car

superchargers make for sweet startups though, and you can gun it well with em. I drove a mustang (older but dont know the year) with a supercharger and it was hard not to burn rubber.

However, both those engines were designed with a turbo / supercharger in mind, so i dont know about ur engine
Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Banned

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...t=37384&page=3

this is a link to a thread that I saw on toyota nation (I dont care for their site, you have to buy subscription otherwise you cannot post or subscribe to any threads. I found the link on google. Supposedly they are going to make a turbo kit for the 3.0. I hope its true.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:16 AM

this is a link to a thread that I saw on toyota nation (I dont care for their site, you have to buy subscription otherwise you cannot post or subscribe to any threads. I found the link on google. Supposedly they are going to make a turbo kit for the 3.0. I hope its true.
im goin to put my turbo on the exhuast right under the bed so i will have less heat in the engine compartment im hopin to gain some power with 5 Psi of boost from what i have read up on it will wake the motor up some
Old 02-19-2009, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey bro dare to be different. If you stay down around 5-7 psi you should be ok as far as the motor. As far as lag the smaller the turbo the less lag you have. I dont know the specs on the ct 20 but I can tell you this I have a 91 eclipse turbo running a garrett t3 to4 and I am pushing 25 psi on a stock bottom end and I have about 400 tire roasting horses. Your big issues are going to be airflow meaning mass over run and fuel.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:25 PM

this is a link to a thread that I saw on toyota nation (I dont care for their site, you have to buy subscription otherwise you cannot post or subscribe to any threads.

umm..no you dont..ive been on there for a year....i just did the free registration.....and I'm subscribed to a few topics and have posted a bunch of stuff.....pretty much like here
Old 02-19-2009, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by 302Toyota
hahah i bet mine will pop first with my compression [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTH059lRlM[/YOUTUBE]
I hate you!!!! Your truck sounds awesome.. gotta love the v-8
Old 02-19-2009, 05:52 PM

that is not a v8 t is a very built up v6 3VZ-E
Old 02-19-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by 93toyrunner
that is not a v8 t is a very built up v6 3VZ-E
lol thats right.... i have been thinking about selling it i had it listed for $6000 but i just dont know if i can sell it .... i started building my exhaust today for the turbo set up im still trying to figure out the how to do the oil lines i need a high pressure and a return line i dont know where exactly im going to run them i will post pictures up soon of the build
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 PM

For your oil return just tap a hole in the oil pan and run a fitting from the turbo down. As far as oil feed it is best if you can do it right after the oil filter so you get the cleanest possible oil to the turbo. I know on the mitsu eclipse the stock setup is fed from a hole in the head which isnt great but works. we always change it to feed right from the oil filter housing but I dont know if you can get an adapter for it.If you have a remote mounted filter you could tap the return line from the filter to get clean oil.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by 5.0 Fordota
For your oil return just tap a hole in the oil pan and run a fitting from the turbo down. As far as oil feed it is best if you can do it right after the oil filter so you get the cleanest possible oil to the turbo. I know on the mitsu eclipse the stock setup is fed from a hole in the head which isnt great but works. we always change it to feed right from the oil filter housing but I dont know if you can get an adapter for it.If you have a remote mounted filter you could tap the return line from the filter to get clean oil.
i like the idea of that ok im still trying to figure out which line is the the high pressure line and the return line i think the small line is the high pressure and the big one that is suppose to bolt to the block is the low pressure
Old 02-19-2009, 08:41 PM

I know on my t3 turbo I used a -4 an line for the feed and a something like a -12an for the drain. If you look at your turbo and orient it like it was installed on the original vehicle ie the placement of the exhaust housing then your feed line will be on top and the drain on the bottom.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:46 PM

I know on my t3 turbo I used a -4 an line for the feed and a something like a -12an for the drain. If you look at your turbo and orient it like it was installed on the original vehicle ie the placement of the exhaust housing then your feed line will be on top and the drain on the bottom.
well the ct 20 the high and return lines are right next to each other
Old 02-19-2009, 08:57 PM

can u email me a pic I might be able to figure it out that way for you. My email is xtrabigdog@aol.com. Travis
Old 02-19-2009, 09:01 PM

If that's a V6, what did you do to it (exactly) and how much did you spend?
That motor sounds like every other V6 owner wants theres to sound. It does sound like a V8, nice rumble.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:06 PM

can u email me a pic I might be able to figure it out that way for you. My email is xtrabigdog@aol.com. Travis
its the turbocharger oil pipe my email is messed up
sorry man
Attached Thumbnails Building a turbo set up for my 3vz...help me out-turbo.gif  
Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 PM

Ok the turbocharger oil pipe in the pic is deffinately the drain line. I also noticed that the turbo is water cooled so you are going to have to run coolant lines in and out.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by phildelfino
If that's a V6, what did you do to it (exactly) and how much did you spend?
That motor sounds like every other V6 owner wants theres to sound. It does sound like a V8, nice rumble.
i just rebuilt my motor about 4000miles ago i have shaved heads ported polished cams true dual exhaust no cross over junk reworked valves and a few other odd and in things
and way to much money
im a mechanic for toyota so i get alot of tips from the master techs there
Old 02-19-2009, 09:21 PM

Ok the turbocharger oil pipe in the pic is deffinately the drain line. I also noticed that the turbo is water cooled so you are going to have to run coolant lines in and out.
yea i have that run but there are 2 lines there at the oil line if you look close the small one and the bigger one
Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 PM

Ok the one that is designated turbo oil line is the drain and what I can see from the pic the one that has what they are calling a union bolt which is really a large banjo bolt. This one with the union bolt is the oil feed line. Is that the one you are asking about/

Quick Reply: Building a turbo set up for my 3vz...help me out