YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Exclamation 91 toyota 4x4 fuel problem

hi im a newbie but i need som help. i had a leak on my send line neer my fuel tank and they were going to charge 900 dollers to fix it so i decided to try to rig it up to run. well i took the box off and cut the line at the leek( there was some sort of coupling there and it was broken off almost completly) well i spliced it togather with some rubber hose from the hard line to the other rubber headed under the cab. no the leak is gone but the truck wont pop i loosened the line to see if i was getting fuel through to were i spliced and a am. i checked at diffrent spots were i could lossen the hose clamps and im all the way up as far as i can. i cant seem to find the fuel filter to check or change that out. but the pump seems to work i think maybe its the filter clogged. we sprayed some carb cleaner in the intake and she ran off that then died i dont know mutch about efi or toyotas in general so much help would be great full.
thank you
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
fabing455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #2

What vehicle are you working on...as in what motor does it have? That would be helpful if you want to know where the filter is.

Context is everything....
Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedarian View Post
freckles, shmeckles... that was your acne reflecting on my pearlescent skin.
My favorite method of troubleshooting..... :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLux View Post
Oh...that was me thinking...then stopping mid sentence...then some more babbling and such. LOL
thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #3

Sounds like you covered the bases. How long did you crank it after opening the fuel line? I had to crank mine for a solid minute after getting it all back together from the recent HG job. You have to give the pump the opportunity to prime the system after introducing air. I would at least crank on it for a couple minutes before I tried anything else.
digdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug View Post
Sounds like you covered the bases. How long did you crank it after opening the fuel line? I had to crank mine for a solid minute after getting it all back together from the recent HG job. You have to give the pump the opportunity to prime the system after introducing air. I would at least crank on it for a couple minutes before I tried anything else.
Hahaha...bingo! That's probably the problem. Every time he cracked the line and tried to start, it wouldn't right away.

Context is everything....
Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedarian View Post
freckles, shmeckles... that was your acne reflecting on my pearlescent skin.
My favorite method of troubleshooting..... :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLux View Post
Oh...that was me thinking...then stopping mid sentence...then some more babbling and such. LOL
thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
4x4, 91, filter, fuel, gas, gauge, leak, location, pickup, problem, problems, pump, tank, toyota, truck